End of October Ride

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

End of October Ride

Post by Steph »

Today was a great day for riding. Lots of two wheeled vehicles out there. Rode to the Village of Grosse Point to have coffee with our coffee buddies. Motorcyclist kind enough to leave room for us to park. :D
20141026_160159.jpg
20141026_160159.jpg (357.79 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Before everyone showed up.
20141025_161126.jpg
20141025_161126.jpg (322.49 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
My 87 year old Mom said that we looked like we were ready to go to Mars :lol:
On Marz.jpg
On Marz.jpg (163.22 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: End of October Ride

Post by Mel46 »

October is a great time for riding. We have gone for multiple long rides so far this October. The leaves down here in Georgia haven't reached their prettiest yet, so we go to the mountains as often as we can in the hope that we will catch them at their most colorful. We will take tomorrow off to get things done, but we will be back up there soon. I love autumn!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Leaves are dropping here. Won't be long all the trees will be bare. Do love all seasons that allow for riding. This is our first year with the scoots and we'll see how late into the year we ride. Kind of exciting and sad in a way because we'll get interrupted by winter.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh gosh, I read end of October and my throat tightened up. Really? Already? Leaves are lying everywhere with more to come. Good to see you two getting all yer rides in and that coffee looks like a good nuff reason to roll. Hey! I even get to see your helmet up close Steph. Sheeny Hi-viz and in gear 8) Lots of hi-viz, Excellent!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Those are excellent helmets... 77 degrees today LETS RIDE!!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh gosh, I read end of October and my throat tightened up. Really? Already? Leaves are lying everywhere with more to come. Good to see you two getting all yer rides in and that coffee looks like a good nuff reason to roll. Hey! I even get to see your helmet up close Steph. Sheeny Hi-viz and in gear 8) Lots of hi-viz, Excellent!

Coffee through a straw? Never seen that before, I must get out more.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Homie, I love the image in the signature of your post. Where did you get it?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:Homie, I love the image in the signature of your post. Where did you get it?
I doddle when you guys are slow, easy to make, you have the paint program too... nothing fancy.

BTW I ordered your tire set today in effort to have a bike that looks as good as yours someday. Plus there simply is no Michelin front 90/90-14 available anywhere in the USA and none of the websites that had them have responded with future availability dates.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I will be squeezing in the oversized 120/70 & 140/70-14's then make my same bench run to see what I lost.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

homie wrote:I will be squeezing in the oversized 120/70 & 140/70-14's then make my same bench run to see what I lost.
8) don't forget to use a GPS... your top speed should be raised 4 mph, and you will GAIN smoothness and greatness :lol:
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@homie - didn't see the little dude on the motorcycle at first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today was such a nice day and I had to work. Should have played hookie. I get home after work and it starts raining. It's all down hill now regarding warm weather for sure. :( Now time to experiment with cold weather gear to see how cold I can ride.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:@homie - didn't see the little dude on the motorcycle at first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today was such a nice day and I had to work. Should have played hookie. I get home after work and it starts raining. It's all down hill now regarding warm weather for sure. :( Now time to experiment with cold weather gear to see how cold I can ride.
Oh I did, I rode all day and Shay Whitey was pulling like the little engine that could 8) I did notice that since she hadn't been stated for a few days it took a couple attempts... hadn't seen that before. You and John have hi-viz that seems more wind screen than screen door like mine.

I hope Halloween is like today, warm, overcast, windy with the leaves shifting and swirling over the road like desert sand.... SPOOKY! Brings back fond memories of brown paper bags & CANDY :lol: It's 8pm and it's STILL nice out there... LETS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

dasshreddar wrote:
homie wrote:I will be squeezing in the oversized 120/70 & 140/70-14's then make my same bench run to see what I lost.
8) don't forget to use a GPS... your top speed should be raised 4 mph, and you will GAIN smoothness and greatness :lol:
Ok DS and I plan on attempting your posted tire changing method because I cant have some grease monkey messing up my powdercoat job putting on the new Mich'es. btw there is a valve adjustment tool featured in the Honda SM and it has a part#, do I really need this tiny wrench or can I use something else? This is gallery soooo yes, no, maybe, keep it short :roll: I already hi-jacked a picture and veered off Steph's topic... and I think she could beat me up ;)

thanks
Homie
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

.............. dup post sorry
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

John and I are wearing rain jackets over our armored riding jackets. Makes for excellent wind breakers. I don't think Halloween is going to be very warm for us here in lower Michigan. I think it's the end! One thing I can say is I really had a blast riding my scooter during spring, summer and fall. Put over 2400 miles on it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, put some cloth over those legs. Thems are far too skinny man! :lol:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

There was snow in the air here last week and even though it will be 70F today, it will snow and stick over night next Saturday.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Gotta love living in New York. Heard it's going to be a snowy winter...again. Sigh.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

High for the weekend will be low 40s might have to try my new thermo riding pants. Will have to wear my dickie and balaclava. If we get a winter like the last one I won't see the streets in my neighborhood until the spring.