Wrecked PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Wrecked PCX

Post by homie »

Sorry this really doesn't work well without litigation does it. This is not how Americans process getting your butt rashed on the payment by a stupid dope head in a car. Honestly where is your legal help Jojo
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

That's what i thought, but yeah... i've proved it's going to cost over £2000 to get another 2013 Honda PCX, so they should be giving me enough, simple as that, so will see what they come back with... annoying now over Xmas, everything takes longer.... also waiting on my Injury Solicitor to get back to me, they have to wait for the third party to admit liability, which he did anyway on the footage, and obviously is as they wouldn't be offering me money for my Bike, so that should go quickly, and then medical checks etc etc etc, everything takes ages.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jojo87 wrote:That's what i thought, but yeah... i've proved it's going to cost over £2000 to get another 2013 Honda PCX, so they should be giving me enough, simple as that, so will see what they come back with... annoying now over Xmas, everything takes longer.... also waiting on my Injury Solicitor to get back to me, they have to wait for the third party to admit liability, which he did anyway on the footage, and obviously is as they wouldn't be offering me money for my Bike, so that should go quickly, and then medical checks etc etc etc, everything takes ages.

You bought the bike for £1,650 and used it for a while.

Keep your feet on the ground. Insurance is only insurance.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Take the cheque, buy this and have a holiday in the sun with the change :)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Looking for a Black, or Red PCX... not fussed on the other colours, and plus I still have bits that I can put on the new one which are red, so yeah.. would need the red or black Bike,
plus i'll be paying around £170 for delivery from England to Wales, obviously keeping my eyes pealed, but most i've seen are over £2000.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Those farkling bits you have, stick them on eBay and get the green PCX.
There's a few PCXs on Autotrader under two grand including a 2014 with less than 100 miles.

Hot tip: don't get a black one, black vehicles get crashed into more than any other colour.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

I prefer the red ones,
used to like white until I seen how dirty they get just from a minute riding,
I did think of a red as obv easier to see than the black,
but with my new helmet being red and so on, and my new gloves etc etc,
rather get a red... but yeah, will check Autotrader,
i'm actually hoping they do give me a little more, so then I can actually get a 2014 model,
but will wait and see, no point looking around too much at the moment until I know an amount.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:Take the cheque, buy this and have a holiday in the sun with the change :)
That seems a great deal, assuming all is well with the scoot.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jojo87 wrote:I prefer the red ones,
used to like white until I seen how dirty they get just from a minute riding,
I did think of a red as obv easier to see than the black,
but with my new helmet being red and so on, and my new gloves etc etc,
rather get a red... but yeah, will check Autotrader,
i'm actually hoping they do give me a little more, so then I can actually get a 2014 model,
but will wait and see, no point looking around too much at the moment until I know an amount.

Make sure it matches your lipstick
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Dont wear any, any makeup :-)
just my favourite colour combo black/red
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I didn't know Honda used trim clips on 2013's... just noticed that
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

So annoying......

Got told the salvage cost would be around £231 maximum,
got the settlement offer from the other Insurers for £1419, which makes up the £1650 I paid for the Bike,
but the £231 is a maximum, it could just be £100.....

I've had to get quotes from online to show that there are no 2013 Models with similar miles and condition for less than £2000,
or £2150 which was the cheapest I seen...
so BLD Group were supposed to sort this out and let me know,

Yet, today, I get a cheque from the other Insurers for the £1419, letter saying:
"payment being made without an admission of liability, this payment is an interim payment and is issued without prejudice"

So is this £1419 now mine to put into my Bank and spend now?
and then I wait for another cheque from them, as I still need to be paid for the bits that were on my Bike and Clothing...
or so I keep this cheque on me for now until I know exactly what's going on?

I need a Bike asap, if I can get this £1419 in my Bank now then I can get a Bike,
but again, not sure what's going on, and why they'v sent this now etc etc.
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by yak »

You should be able to cash this check today. It is an "interim payment". If it said "Payment in Full", you would be warned that depositing or cashing it meant that you were not getting anything else.

Make a call to your insurance company. Even better to visit in person. They would be able to "interpret" this for you since they do it every day. It would seem logical that the car driver's insurance is not planning to pay you any more. Why would they send 2 checks when they could just send you one.

This is USA-based insurance advice but i don't think that you limit your legal recourse by depositing the check you received.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Well Bankstone are sending the check when the Bike is sold for disposal etc, so Bankstone deal with that £231 cheque for the disposal,
and then BLD Group are the ones dealing with the Insurer for the money FOR my Bike/Accident Claim,
the other Insurer (Hastings Direct) offered a settlement of the £1419,
but that was before I said there are no 2013 Bikes available for £1650, so BLD Group had to tell them this and hope Hastings Direct offer more,
as they either offer me more money so I can buy my own 2013 Honda PCX, or they buy me one,
but either way, they'll be having to spend £2000+,
i'm just not sure about this £1419 cheque, as they sent it BEFORE knowing about the cost of 2013 models being over £2k,
so i'm not sure whether they'll say destroy this one and then they send another one with more money,
or whether they say cash this one and they'll send another down the line for however much more...
i've emailed BLD Group to ask what's going on as I didn't sign or agree to this £1419,
I also need to be paid for the bits that were on my Bike which were damaged,
so either way they have to send me another cheque anyway for that....
but yeah, the £231 cheque is coming from another company (Bankstone), nothing to do with the Claim side.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

You would be really lucky to get full cost even if the other persons at fault - as they clearly were yet their insurance still send the 'we do no admit liability crap'. Unless you have new for old cover, you will rarely get market price and full cost of any extra's. Lucky you had the video evidence otherwise I bet they would have written this off as 50-50 fault.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Well they offered £1419 because they knew about the £231 disposal price i'd get, but that £231 is maximum, could get less, but if I do get £231, Hastings offered £1419 as it makes up the £1650 I paid for the Bike in May.... like I said to all the companies, I shouldn't have to downgrade or get a shitter Bike just because of the drivers lack of road safety which clearly shows in the footage and which he admitted was his fault, I had a perfectly good 2013 Honda PCX, no marks on it etc, well looked after and so on.... so like i've said to them, I either have enough to be able to buy another used 2013 Honda PCX with similar miles that was on mine, or they purchase one themselves and send it to me, but yeah, will wait for BLD Group to get back to me about it all, rather annoying all the different companies involved, still waiting about the Injury Claim as well, waiting to see a Physio.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jojo87 wrote:Well they offered £1419 because they knew about the £231 disposal price i'd get, but that £231 is maximum, could get less, but if I do get £231, Hastings offered £1419 as it makes up the £1650 I paid for the Bike in May.... like I said to all the companies, I shouldn't have to downgrade or get a shitter Bike just because of the drivers lack of road safety which clearly shows in the footage and which he admitted was his fault, I had a perfectly good 2013 Honda PCX, no marks on it etc, well looked after and so on.... so like i've said to them, I either have enough to be able to buy another used 2013 Honda PCX with similar miles that was on mine, or they purchase one themselves and send it to me, but yeah, will wait for BLD Group to get back to me about it all, rather annoying all the different companies involved, still waiting about the Injury Claim as well, waiting to see a Physio.

OK, get on with it...
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Long waiting game :-)