Givi 323 tall windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Givi 323 tall windscreen

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:
Indyglow wrote:
RagtopLady wrote:I posted pics but not sure if I did that right either.
What is the seat-to-ground height with that seat and where did you get it? And welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the forum(s) :P I ditto the above ^ questions. Your bike looks really sharp(er) with the upgraded seat! Hmmm....I believe you can rotate the handlebars, to give you more clearance if you choose to use the mirror extensions. (Am I correct with that advise you, you?)
Advice :roll:

I don't have the mirror extenders but you can adjust the handlebars by loosening the handlebar clamps
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Spell check ;) advise 2 advice. Ok
Hmm...I recall another thread where Full turn of handle bars made mirrors hit a Givi mid size screen.
I put up a picture of my scoot with bars in full turn. My mirrors don't hit my mid sized G screen. I believe you commented that my bars are set back (not forward) making the difference. That was a good point made.
Advice? Take it back. Proper word? Not sure :roll: __________ < ?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Baskoza wrote:Hi guys!!! I am new to this forum, and relatively new PCX owner. First of all, big hello to everyone, hope you are well.
My first experience with GIVI stuff is not that good. I have ordered tall GIVI windscreen, thinking that its a same one from Maddiedog's how-to post. Well, at least that one was pictured on their website http://www.racing-planet.de/windshield- ... anguage=en. The one i've got (pictured below) is slightly shorter i would say. I can see well over it and i am not complaining about the quality or design, just I wanted to get the wind off my face, so i can wear 3/4 or chin up helmets even in winter time. With this windshield, you get some of the wind off your chest, but you get the full fury on your helmet, so its even worse for me now. Now i am not sure if this is the same one, but someone mentioned not being able to see over it, and i am not that tall 5ft10', plus i cant find photos of it anywhere. And it looks more curved than the one pictured on the website. If you are ordering from this website, i thought you should know. And if anyone wants to change the tall one for this one, let me know :)
I ordered the Givi 323 DT from BS-Motoparts a few days ago through Amazon and got the same screen as yourself today. I measured it and it is about 7cm shorter than the one Racing Planet was supposed to send you, and BS-motoparts was supposed to send me.

I did a further check, and i think the one we got was the 323 DTG (75cm height) and not the 323 DT (82cm height) as shown on the website. I think it is alright if you are shorter than 1.65metres. My being 1.69m, the screen goes up to about my lips, so wind-blast on the helmet is going to be pretty heavy-going. I'm sending mine back. I don't fancy having to lean down for shelter.
Givi-323dt-vs-Givi-323dtG.jpg
Givi-323dt-vs-Givi-323dtG.jpg (265.15 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

Would it help to simply position the mirror arms such that the mirrors are further back?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I didn't know that there were 2 versions of the tall Givi windscreen. Wow. Either one would work for my wife, but I have never seen an advertisement for the DTG. Is that in Europe only?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Mel46 wrote:I didn't know that there were 2 versions of the tall Givi windscreen. Wow. Either one would work for my wife, but I have never seen an advertisement for the DTG. Is that in Europe only?
No idea Mel. I ordered the 323DT, and got this instead. But i'll be returning it. 6 cm is a lot as it can mean you either get the windblast on your neck or don't, or your whole helmet or close to half of it. And leaning into a taller screen a bit can cut off most of the windblast as well. But i suppose you know that.

It's kind of overpriced as well as i paid 127gbp - from a german company through AmazonUK for it when the taller 323DT goes for 108gbp including fixing kit.

But it does look good and seems very well made, and pretty solid unlike my 322st which seems less so.

Just made a call inquiring after the Biondi screen at the moment (see below). Waiting for them to check and call back. This is 83cm in height.
vb15322.jpg
vb15322.jpg (53.96 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Lecompte »

I just spoke to customer rep at Competition Accessories regarding a GiviD323DT tall windshield
for $165 if I recall properly. Was informed this windshield is on backorder and the guesstimate
on them coming in was after the first of the year?

My question to the forum is a) should I go ahead and wait until the backorder situation is solved or
b) does anyone have another supplier that they could recommend? (Perhaps when they are on
backorder it is the same across the nation.)

Your thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Lecompte
2011 PCX 125
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Bumping this thread... I installed the shorter Givi 322 screen last week and hate it. No helmet jostling, but the wind noise is terrible. I'm about 5' 7", and just to be sure I'd "stand up" on the scooter to see the difference when being hit with wind as though there were no screen attached, and it was night and day. Now I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the 323, or just forgo the whole windscreen experience.

Sadly, choices in the US are very limited –the Givi's and some Puig's... but best I've found, the Puig is short and really only a cosmetic upgrade from the stock shield, up to the shorter Givi height. Ermax and Biondi seem very difficult to attain here, unless you're ordering from overseas, which would likely complicate a return.

Any updates from those who've been using the taller 323 screen? Worth it?
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Indyglow »

The Givi 323 is a great screen IF you can see over it. I couldn't. I'm 5'3" and had my seat lowered, so I could only look through the 323 which was not a good thing in rain or fog. The 323 also helps keep the PCX from getting blown around sideways in crosswinds. I'm now using the taller Honda screen, (not the tiny original that came with the PCX but the one you have to order as an accessory) which is okay and helps in crosswinds, but isn't as quiet as the Givi 323. I got mine on eBay. I don't think there is an ideal screen available for the PCX.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Starting to look that way, Indy. I'm calling for a return on the 322 today, and hopefully the 323 will fit the bill. Given it's a 10-minute installation, I'll swap out as the season requires... in the height of summer, I'll probably keep the stock Honda shield for better air flow. But it ain't summer yet!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We have 2 PCX 150s. My wife's has the tall 323 screen. While I am waiting for mine from the manufacturer I put our modified 322 on mine. The modified one has a piece I added that increases its height to almost that of the 323. It is working well for me while I wait. She looks through her 323 but it also keeps her from being buffeted while riding. I feel the wind but my head is protected, so I am fine for now.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Mel Im very curious About your modification would you mind to share the pictures later thanks
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
RedRamen

Post by RedRamen »

New member, so sorry for the stupid question. I wasnt able to find the link to the Givi windscreens on the compacc site. Is it discontinued?
Mightyhonu

Post by Mightyhonu »

I ordered my 323dt from Accessories International in Febuary 2014 It came pretty fast but I was scared when I saw the box. It looked like it had been ran over repeatedly but the screen was bubble wrapped and nothing was wrong with it. I think they just used an old box. I would order from them again. http://www.accessoryinternational.com/p ... cx125.html
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Yeah, they're a couple bucks under Sport Tour, but ST also took my 322 screen back with no questions asked, so I'd just as soon give them the business. The 323 was just picked up today, so hopefully I'll get it in a few more days. Can't wait!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Sweet! FedEx just texted that my 323 tall screen was just delivered! Can't wait to get it home, install it, then take my son to his baseball game, then not have any time to test it until tomorrow. :x

Arrrghhhh!!!! :)
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza

Post by stryder123 »

Just put a 323dt on my pcx150. Love it. I am 6ft tall and see over the top of it by a couple inches.
I can ride with my helmet lid up and get no wind noise at all now. The bike seems much more stable now in cross winds and when following a big semi tractor. Only one tank of gas through it so far since I put it on so I am not sure if it changed the mpg or not but the bike don't seem to strain against it.
One nice plus is that for the first time I can now listen to my engine run. Always before the wind noise was too bad to hear it. I did put the mirror kit on. To use it you have to remove the chrome extenders that the mirrors screwed into. No big deal.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

That's my project today, Stryder - I may be coming back to you with advice on the mirror extenders! Some say you need them, some say you don't, some say reverse threads are required... I just want it to work!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Whelp, I just installed the tall screen, and it looks *much* less off-balance than I thought it would, probably because I have the Givi top box installed as well. Oddly, I did need to put on the mirror extender on the left side, but not on the right. I wanted to make sure I had full clearance to turn the wheel without hitting the shield, as sometimes I have a lot of maneuvering to do in the garage or driveway. Maybe it's because I angle the mirrors so that the right shows what's behind me, and the left shows what's in the left lane coming to pass me. So the mirrors are a little asymmetrical, but no biggie.

I'll take it out later today - it's actually quite windy here, so it's a perfect test. I'd go now, but I've got a lunch meeting and don't want helmet head!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Forgot to add, I didn't need any reverse hardware at all for the mirror extender.