PCX Windscreen list

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: PCX Windscreen list

Post by dustin91 »

Dust, if it's like UPS here, sometimes a shipper will create a manifest or tracking number, which is correct, but the shipper won't register the shipment until they have the product in hand. It's possible it will be available to track in a day or two.
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011

Post by Dustoff66 »

As of today it's over a month since I ordered my Ermax from redracing in Italy. After several failed attempts to track using the number on the waybill I sent e-mail to them asking for tracking from their end or a refund. I got a reply saying that the Posteitaliane numbers on those waybills are not trackable but that the service assured that I'd receive it "within the next week". So -- there's mail service that's actually slower and less efficient than the USPS --- who knew? ;)
I suppose if it doesn't arrive I'm out the $125; my Mastercard issuer has way too many hoops to jump through. My patience is wearing thin.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dustoff66 wrote:As of today it's over a month since I ordered my Ermax from redracing in Italy. After several failed attempts to track using the number on the waybill I sent e-mail to them asking for tracking from their end or a refund. I got a reply saying that the Posteitaliane numbers on those waybills are not trackable but that the service assured that I'd receive it "within the next week". So -- there's mail service that's actually slower and less efficient than the USPS --- who knew? ;)
I suppose if it doesn't arrive I'm out the $125; my Mastercard issuer has way too many hoops to jump through. My patience is wearing thin.

Bloody Italians
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Unusual.
Normally Italy only shuts for the summer, maybe they've closed early this year?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Sorry to hear about that, Dust. I installed my Givi 323 on Wed morning, and went out for a ride that afternoon, but it was just WAY too cross- windy for me to feel safe. Screen or not, I wouldn't have gone out in those conditions. So hopefully I can get in a short ride later today to really test it out. But on a quick test run around the cul-de-sac, looking through the screen didn't bother me, and it seemed as though the helmet noise was no more like standing outside in a breeze... really quite quiet. However, that was just at maybe 20 mph speeds - I really need to put it to use.

All to say, if the Italian dealer doesn't work out, and if the Givi screen performs as well as I think it will, I'd have to recommend spourttour.com to you!
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

PCX Windscreen list

Post by BrAtKo »

Hello all. I've tried to mount Ermax 25+ for previous model of pcx into new 2014 model - THIS DOES NOT FIT !!!
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Ermax has already new models for 2014 on their web http://www.ermax.fr/modele2-PCX_125_2014-2219.html
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Here is the Ermax for 2014/2015 models.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425831464.975920.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425831464.975920.jpg (407.25 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

BrAtKo wrote:Hello all. I've tried to mount Ermax 25+ for previous model of pcx into new 2014 model - THIS DOES NOT FIT !!!
Yeah, the mounting area is evidently a little different between the two models.
scudder
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: metalic black

Post by scudder »

I fitted the KAPPA 82x58cm high screen at the end of summer last year. Much more protection this year and worth every penny. Shipped promptly too for something from Italy! The Ebay number for the one I purchased if you want a look is 141113256914. Not for the 2014/5 model though.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Did that Ermax come with the hinged addition or did you add it? I have never seen one like that.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Hello the deflector I've bought separately it is Puig.
Wab

Post by Wab »

Hi, just thought I would let you know how I got on with the screen I fitted to my 2015 pcx 125.
I went for the Puig +18 screen mainly because I thought the design of it suited the bike and there aren't that many to choose from yet!
It was relatively easy to fit although I did manage to break one of the top clips on the front panel beneath the screen. This is easy to do so be warned!
I love the look of it but in actual use I found the wind was directed at my helmet and was so bad I have taken the screen back off. I am 5"9. It did keep it off my chest and arms though.
My advice is if you want to change the screen you will definitely need a tall one.
Wab

Post by Wab »

fast1075
Color: black

Post by fast1075 »

I just got a new Puig touring screen. Bought it from MonsterParts. Turns out Puig has a warehouse in Orlando, and they had it shipped direct. Got it in two days from order. Out freakin standing!
I will fit it tomorrow and see how it goes. Dark tint on a black scoot, should look good too.
The Fasterizer
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

Just got back (while you guys were sleeping in US) from nice daily round of 250km.
Ride sucked cause my GIVI short shield was like a sail in the storm.
I got my PCX with it. As the dealers are unlike the US ones, I got free short OEM from them which the guy I bought the PCX from lost his/mine.
GIVI goes to trash. The wind from OEM shorty is kindy "healthy"real wind in your hair without surprises that GIVI does.
I am sorry now that I have ordered black from PUIG but it will be usefull in the cold days.
Tall GIVI is ok I guess for the city, but as many of you confirmed it is also bad on the road.
My opinion: do not by GIVI if not too late. BTW GIVI is not highly apreciated brand here in Europe.They have merged with KAPPA and since than they really reduced the quality of the products.
I had bad experience with GIVI while riding Piaggio Beverly few years ago: my windshield fell out of the fitting when halted on the light.

Can anyone tell if PUIG is simillar to short OEM? Does it fight the wind well?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

abcdarko wrote:Just got back (while you guys were sleeping in US) from nice daily round of 250km.
Ride sucked cause my GIVI short shield was like a sail in the storm.
I got my PCX with it. As the dealers are unlike the US ones, I got free short OEM from them which the guy I bought the PCX from lost his/mine.
GIVI goes to trash. The wind from OEM shorty is kindy "healthy"real wind in your hair without surprises that GIVI does.
I am sorry now that I have ordered black from PUIG but it will be usefull in the cold days.
Tall GIVI is ok I guess for the city, but as many of you confirmed it is also bad on the road.
My opinion: do not by GIVI if not too late. BTW GIVI is not highly apreciated brand here in Europe.They have merged with KAPPA and since than they really reduced the quality of the products.
I had bad experience with GIVI while riding Piaggio Beverly few years ago: my windshield fell out of the fitting when halted on the light.

Can anyone tell if PUIG is simillar to short OEM? Does it fight the wind well?
My givi is great
Fran
Year: 2014

Post by Fran »

I got the shorter Bullster screen from Secdem in smoke. Seems to work well and I like the way it looks. Takes a few days to get used to as the bike handles a bit differently, or seems to, and there is a low rumble in the helmet from the turbulence. Keeps me warmer though, including my neck. Was very easy to fit.
Attachments
20151020_145735_HDR copy.jpg
20151020_145735_HDR copy.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1306 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

The H2C smoke winscreen, about 3 in taller than stock, for looks only, no real protection over stock. Thats fine with me, as its an around town bike. It looks a lot better than stock:
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

fast1075 wrote:I just got a new Puig touring screen. Bought it from MonsterParts. Turns out Puig has a warehouse in Orlando, and they had it shipped direct. Got it in two days from order. Out freakin standing!
I will fit it tomorrow and see how it goes. Dark tint on a black scoot, should look good too.
:D Shoutout to fast, are you still around? Come back and please bring a pic or two of that Puig screen mounted on your 2013. Question for me and others, does MonsterParts carry screens that'll fit the 2014/2015/2016 PCX model years?
I see you're in Central Florida, did you just walk in and buy yours? If so,....Very cool 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You