Shad top box for 2015 PCX150

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

petercriddell
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Shad top box for 2015 PCX150

Post by petercriddell »

Hi All,

This has come up before for GIVI cases, so I thought I'd share my experience with SHAD.

I picked up my new PCX yesterday and wanted a Givi 30 liter case, but could not get a clear read on whether the adapter plate (E231 or SR1136, not sure) would fit.

I know that Shad is the other big brand for top-boxes, so I looked at their website. Still wasn't sure, so I tried their online chat and the rep informed me that YES, their adapter plate fits the 2015 PCX! The part number is H0PC10ST.

Better still, the rep offered me a 10% discount if I ordered online. I ordered while still on the chat but the discount code they gave me didn't work. No problem, they applied it after I placed the order and corrected the invoice to show the discount!

Now, I have yet to fit the case, but as soon as it arrives, I will document everything with pics and post them here.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Shad top box for 2015 PCX150

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully everything works out okay.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations for choosing SHAD! I installed the same plate on my 2015 PCX and it works flawlessly ;)

Here you have some information and pictures:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3145

You will see that it will take you just some minutes, and the plate looks to be really well built. Mine had some non "impeccable" welds, but they do not affect its integrity.

I initially installed the box in the location that appears in the pictures, but some days later I removed the box and installed it a little more to the rear, to give some extra space to the passenger when we ride 2up. When I have some minutes I will take some pics and update the post with the new location of the box in the plate ;)

We look forward to see the adapter plate in your PCX! :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome brandy new PCX 2015 owner and member :) I too would like to see your new Shad rack fitted. Did you decide on a Shad case as well? Good on you for getting a discount. Cheers
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
petercriddell

Post by petercriddell »

@pcxpower NICE!

I ordered the SH39. That's about the size of the Givi case I had on my last bike and it worked out really well for me.

Not sure if I'm going to drill the cover or not...I'll see how it looks. I'm not inclined to do much more to the bike than ad the case.

I will definitely get pics up when the kit arrives!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay, cool. What was your last bike? Also a scoot?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
petercriddell

Post by petercriddell »

@whitenoise

Sorry, I meant to say I ordered an SH29.

Yes, my last bike was a SYM HD200 Evo. I only put about 500 miles on it before trading it in. It was great when it worked, but the fuel system was a pain. The CARB compliance gear would suck up about a pint of gas then flood the air intake a couple hours after you shut the bike off. I was able to fix it by disconnecting the carbon canister, but I was disenchanted with the bike by then.

I've test ridden A couple Vespas and a Piaggio Fly 150 and concluded that for the money the PCX150 had the best combination of advanced tech, low maintenance, features and fuel economy.

I also liked the fact that SHAD had the box I wanted AND was willing to sell it to me directly. Tha is something GIVIUSA does not do. SHAD also was easier to communicate with and had a product that they knew for certain was spec'd for my bike, which again, GIVIUSA was unable to do.
outlander
Regular User
Regular User

Post by outlander »

Do you have a link for the rack?
petercriddell

Post by petercriddell »

outlander wrote:Do you have a link for the rack?
Here it is:

http://www.shadonline.com/ProductDetail ... e=H0PC10ST

A rep informed me that this will indeed fit a 2015 PCX. I think the mount is the same, but much easier to access.
petercriddell

Post by petercriddell »

I just recieved my Shad SH29 Box and fitment kit. The fitment kit fits my 2015 PCX150 perfectly. From what I've seen so far all I have to do is remove a panel and bolt the welded plate onto the bike. No holes to drill or anything! I'll get pics of that when I do the install.

The case itself is every bit the equal of a Givi product. Best of all, it does accommodate my full-face helmet (Arai Signet-Q in XL). The fit is close, with about 1/8" on either side of the helmet.

If I had a helmet that was any wider I would definitely get the next larger case. Since my intention is simply to have a place to lock it when I park the bike, this is just fine.
Here's the case.
Here's the case.
DSC00925.JPG (133.44 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
With my Arai Signet-Q inside.
With my Arai Signet-Q inside.
DSC00928.JPG (121.57 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

That's the same as my 2013 Honda box... bought a white plate with it tot top it of....

Ben
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
petercriddell

Post by petercriddell »

Ben Lee wrote:That's the same as my 2013 Honda box... bought a white plate with it tot top it of....

Ben
Hi Ben, is that white plate like a pearlescent white or a straight up gloss white? The Honda white is sort of metallic pearl kind of white.
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

petercriddell wrote:
Ben Lee wrote:That's the same as my 2013 Honda box... bought a white plate with it tot top it of....

Ben
Hi Ben, is that white plate like a pearlescent white or a straight up gloss white? The Honda white is sort of metallic pearl kind of white.
Yep..
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ben, Ben, Ben....please give him a look :) I forgot what your case looks like too with a white top

Peter, your case looks very nice and it's great that an XL Aria fits! Also nice that after looking at those other Piaggio scoots, that you chose the right scoot in the end!! Cheers! Enter PCX :D
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

The Shad adapter plate , does that mount to the rear of the scooter instead of the OEM Honda mounting plate ?. The box then attaches to the Shad adapter , correct ?. I presume either option for mounting plate does secure to some part of the frame ?. TIA
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

frog13 wrote:The Shad adapter plate , does that mount to the rear of the scooter instead of the OEM Honda mounting plate ?. The box then attaches to the Shad adapter , correct ?
Yes, to both questions ;)
frog13 wrote: I presume either option for mounting plate does secure to some part of the frame ?. TIA
Yes, the SHAD adapter plate bolts to a metal part that is bolted to the chassis, so it's a really solid mounting point ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

Thanks you for a quick response pcx power !!!. I'll research SHAD a bit more to see if my 2xl full face helmet will fit ?. TIA
bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

Please tell me if Chad makes a box for PCX150 that has brake lights. I feel this adds to the safety of riding and I would not but a box on without brake lights. I hope to get a 30L box. Thanks for your help. Ride safe my friend.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

If I remember correctly, some top of the line models do have brake lights, as SHAD tries to compete with GIVI, which sells brake equipped cases. I'm not sure if all SHAD's models are available worldwide, though... I also think that it's a wonderful safety feature!
2015 Honda PCX 125
bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

Thank you for your response my friend. I'll try to find out. Ride safe.