Magazi mirrors...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Magazi mirrors...

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:homie, what tower heater is that sitting nearby and how big a space will it heat? You like/dislike it?
Brand name Dura Heat, Home Depo, 23,000 BTU's can bring my 2 car garage up in the 60's in just a few minutes and that's about right for tinkering. You are in Florida :lol: the blood gets thin, my 60 is your freezing so without insulation on the doors it can't do much better than 60 today in Chicago land its only 20 degrees. I guess for such a little heater its OK but K1 kerosene is not cheap o_O I can blow through 2.5 gallons in an afternoon and that's 20 bucks!... there has to be a better way.

Wear a jumper?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

You should not be afraid to use these little Magazi Mirrors. They do not vibrate any more that stock and perhaps even less. They are way better rearview than stock provides even though smaller. Most of all they are not the first thing you see when you look at a Honda PCX 8) ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQ6MHoIYAo
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

"Speeding" homie
Love them mirrors more! And I Did Not See any vibration :P
Would you please take a Head on photo? Standing back about 10 feet? And a profile at same distance?
Oh, I'm a brat, I know. But
You mentioned the mirror viewing was just as good or better than stock. Hard to believe being they're smaller, but You know first hand now. Cool!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:"Speeding" homie
Love them mirrors more! And I Did Not See any vibration :P
Would you please take a Head on photo? Standing back about 10 feet? And a profile at same distance?
You mentioned the mirror viewing was just as good or better than stock. Hard to believe being they're smaller, but You know first hand now. Cool!
Sure thing WN... Better than stock only because they go beyond my shoulders, and yes they will vibrate when idling like your stock ones do but not when driving. I won't be switching back, I like them too much after just one outing 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSVexa2y-M
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by yak »

Excellent video, homie. Still hard to believe that smaller mirrors would be better than larger mirrors. I am happy with my PCX stock mirrors after graduating from the Honda Metropolitan.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

yak wrote:Excellent video, homie. Still hard to believe that smaller mirrors would be better than larger mirrors. I am happy with my PCX stock mirrors after graduating from the Honda Metropolitan.
Don't misunderstand Yak, if you extend your stock mirrors out further you would have better visibility around your shoulders and an excellent rearview. These seem better only because I can see around my shoulders but takes a few minutes to get used to as they are much smaller.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank Ya for the video showing exactly what I asked for! :P They look good at every camera angle. I googled magazi mirrors and saw a few other models. Hmm..why did I do that? It only confuses matters :roll: I like the silver in your Tulip style too.
Oh I totally forgot to thank you for the heater info. So, thanks! I won't be going the Kerosene route though. Not a fan. Black Friday sales coming this week, let's see what pops. It's getting nasty time outside this week, right around Turkey Day. Kick up the heat!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@Homie - Nice clean garage. Mine's a mess. Oh well what can I do.Well, I could clean it......to lazy! :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:@Homie - Nice clean garage. Mine's a mess. Oh well what can I do.Well, I could clean it......to lazy! :)
Organized, obsessive compulsive... whole house is like that. Maybe disease but family members aren't complaining too much as long as I ignore things normal people leave unattended. This is key otherwise you will isolate and quickly become a recluse. It's a fine line you walk as a monk between the two A's... appreciated and asshat.
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

Mel46 wrote:I bought the mirror extension kits for the bikes and that solved the problem. Look up D323 kit. Don't worry about some reviews that say they don't work for the ppcx150. They do.
Mel,

I'd appreciate some feedback re: extenders. I ordered 1 for my '13 PCX, and it doesn't fit. Both my mirrors are right-hand thread (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey). Is my bike weird, or???

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/motorcycle-mirror-extender

Thoughts?
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Seems like years since I had the rush of blasting down the highway on the little Honda. Neighbor mentioned he saw me last fall and thought it odd to see a scooter keeping with traffic ;) This is a long cold winter here in ChicagoLand, don't think I can take much more after reviewing this old video post on Magazi mirrors. Man can we just dig out of this snow and get back out there...

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Agree! Aching to ride and seeing that vid makes the fever worse.
Say! How much snow Ya got there right now homie? On the ground about your home, and at it's highest point? We got five feet here...Easy! I keep saying I'm going to measure it, but after shoveling again TODAY, I forgot. Bad...Bad...Bad Winter. It just keeps snowing. More coming tomorrow. Sux! :(

Think Warm Spring Everyone!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote: Say! How much snow Ya got there right now homie? On the ground about your home, and at it's highest point? We got five feet here...Easy!
Nothing like that friend, New Englanders are the ones really getting tired of snow but by the lakes we are steady blanketed this winter :)
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I can't wait to get riding again! Got my Gopro and new helmet. Looking at getting a new Honda motorcycle. Maybe midlife crises? I might be to old for that now. Go away snow!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:I can't wait to get riding again! Got my Gopro and new helmet. Looking at getting a new Honda motorcycle. Maybe midlife crises? I might be to old for that now. Go away snow!
I look forward to seeing your videos Steph, husband cruising along side most likely (so cool). Wait, will John remain on his PCX while you blastoff on a Ninja? How does that work? You could direct your cam to the rear I guess ;) As for being to old... I think not. Just adjust your speed to reflexes and enjoy the occasional needed acceleration. Billy says he wants to ride passenger with you.
Attachments
macbilly.jpg
macbilly.jpg (9.7 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

jon_l wrote:
Mel46 wrote:I bought the mirror extension kits for the bikes and that solved the problem. Look up D323 kit. Don't worry about some reviews that say they don't work for the ppcx150. They do.
Mel,

I'd appreciate some feedback re: extenders. I ordered 1 for my '13 PCX, and it doesn't fit. Both my mirrors are right-hand thread (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey). Is my bike weird, or???

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/motorcycle-mirror-extender

Thoughts?
Quoting myself here :o

I couldn't locate the bolt I needed, so I emailed the eBay seller, and asked whether they would supply me with the RH threaded bolt. I was surprised when the reply was yes, no charge, and even more surprised when they sent be the bolt complete with a new mirror extender.

Posting this to say thank you to Jessica & luckybike-accessories:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/luckybike-accessories
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

jon_l wrote:I couldn't locate the bolt I needed, so I emailed the eBay seller, and asked whether they would supply me with the RH threaded bolt. I was surprised when the reply was yes, no charge, and even more surprised when they sent be the bolt complete with a new mirror extender. Posting this to say thank you to Jessica & luckybike-accessories:
Always nice to have good customer service, especially on eBay where so many sellers don't offer much service unless it is for more money.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(