Tank Bag....

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Tank Bag....

Post by homie »

Superstore sends me discount closeouts since I bought something from them recently. This week is was a tank bag that looked like it might fit the PCX. They only wanted 30.00 so I thought it worth a closer look especially since the dimensions seemed right for a snug fit. I knew there wasn't any point in getting magnetic and no custom straps are coming with it for scooters but a good wedged fit would be OK.

Here is my review and video.
The quality is acceptable, stitching seems ok but nothing compared to Mil-spec gear. I don't know why the clear top when no one uses maps anymore and GPS is on our phones, perhaps why it was closeout. I will say that it fills the step through nicely and has a decent protective pad on the bottom. The straps are useless for our bikes and no way to road test until spring but its an interesting look 8)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/42 ... =SLIsearch
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Re: Tank Bag....

Post by homie »

oops sorry didn't mean to start a new tank bag thread... finally found WhiteNoise's http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 3&start=40
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Superstore sends me discount closeouts since I bought something from them recently. This week is was a tank bag that looked like it might fit the PCX. They only wanted 30.00 so I thought it worth a closer look especially since the dimensions seemed right for a snug fit. I knew there wasn't any point in getting magnetic and no custom straps are coming with it for scooters but a good wedged fit would be OK.

Here is my review and video.
The quality is acceptable, stitching seems ok but nothing compared to Mil-spec gear. I don't know why the clear top when no one uses maps anymore and GPS is on our phones, perhaps why it was closeout. I will say that it fills the step through nicely and has a decent protective pad on the bottom. The straps are useless for our bikes and no way to road test until spring but its an interesting look 8)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/42 ... =SLIsearch

Can I come and live in your garage....
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

The straps that came with the bag, can they be used to secure it to under the seat. I do not want to have it just wedged on there.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am pretty sure the back straps will work, but there isn't anything for the front to attach to on the bike. I have mine just wedged in. if you want to put the straps under the seat, you will have to do that before putting the bag in position. Give the straps enough extra so that you can clip them into the clips.

By the way, here is a Free Shipping code that is good until Dec. 15th: FS-THX-145
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:I am pretty sure the back straps will work, but there isn't anything for the front to attach to on the bike. I have mine just wedged in. if you want to put the straps under the seat, you will have to do that before putting the bag in position. Give the straps enough extra so that you can clip them into the clips.

By the way, here is a Free Shipping code that is good until Dec. 15th: FS-THX-145
Mighty nice of you Mel,
You are right about these not being very practical for straps because its only one connection in the rear where you would have to fashion a way to secure the single strand end under the seat somehow. Mine will be 'free to grab' as well :lol:

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie wrote:oops sorry didn't mean to start a new tank bag thread... finally found WhiteNoise's http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 3&start=40
No worries with overlap homie ;)
besides the Cycle Case you bought is the "Expander GPS Tank Bag" ($40.00 now $29.99). SEE the last two pics below.
I was wondering Why you had a zippered Exterior eyeglass pocket and I didn't. "Case Solved" :lol: Different models!
Your bag measures 13.5"L x 9"W x 9"H (In closed position)

The 2 straps included seem to be the same with both bags. Most likely will be installed the same. One will wrap around under the seat, and the other? Dunno. But, that's okay.

Mel and I bought the same Hi-Viz Cycle Case, the "Rider GPS Tank Bag" on close out now for $24.99
This bag measures: 13.5"L x 8.5"W x 8"H
See 1st two pics below.

Both Cycle Cases Come in Black or Hi-Viz
Both bags have rain covers now on close out too for $4.99 :P
I like the Bag and the Price and the Hi-Viz. I also will use the GPS pocket for my sparky New 6" Garmin Nuvi! :P
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.55 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Closed Case
Closed Case
image.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Expanded Case
Expanded Case
image.jpg (14.32 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

For those interested in getting in on the Cycle Case close outs, go here: http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com
Then type in the search bar: cycle case

I also have a Free Shipping Code good till 12/15/14. Use it during checkout.
FS-THX-145 (MCSS restrictions: for U.S. usage only).
Cheers!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@ Homie - Which tank bag did you get? Does it have a part number?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Steph wrote:@ Homie - Which tank bag did you get? Does it have a part number?
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/42 ... s-tank-bag <------Steph

WhiteNoise - I did like the one you and Mel are trying, This one does expand upwards but it was the extra dimension between the two bags that steered me into a couple more cubic inches. I really wanted to fill the step through and it did not disappoint to the point Key access is threatened.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Thanks Homie! I might have to get me one of those.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Thanks for the tips and the free shipping code WN & Mel ... I just order a black case and a high viz rain cover (only color available). I guess I pick it up on my next trip to the US which we are already planning ... missing our grandson already so it is time to get back to see him. :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The only way that I can see to keep it attached to the bike so that it won't be stolen is the back strap, which will have to hook through the seat. It comes with a double clip and a single clip strap. The double clip strap can be run under the seat, leaving the clips accessible, and tie a knot into the remaining strap length. Anyone who wants to steal the bag would still be able to unhoop the clips, but a snatch and run thief would be surprised when he grabbed it and it pulled back because it was attached. Still, it would be easy to steal for a thief, so you would need to come up with a way of securing it that still allowed you to fill the tank when needed.

At least it has a handle so that you can easily take it with you, and the bottom is rubberized to keep it in place. If you were really concerned with security, run a small cable through the handle and back under the seat. Connect that cable end to something under the seat that won't come out when pulled. That should keep the bag relatively safe.
Last edited by Mel46 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool kram, you'll like it! which case? Small, Med or Lg? Getting the hi-viz cover was smart ;)
And....Good plans made two ways: 1. Buying case and sending to U.S. Family and 2. Coming BACK to U.S. Family! I like the sound of All that!
Going Home :P