Anti-Collision Car Laser Fog Lamp for scooter

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

dog64bull
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Anti-Collision Car Laser Fog Lamp for scooter

Post by dog64bull »

I seen this at this website http://fancy.com/things/815354488926769 ... serprofile
and I was wondering is it possible to install it on the pcx. I mean, of course its possible but how would you go about doing it??? Like would you attach it to the saddle or something like that??? It shouldn't use a lot power since its an led light. Let me know what you think and give me some ideas about doing this.
Attachments
815354488926769007_9163adf8d35b.jpg
815354488926769007_9163adf8d35b.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Anti-Collision Car Laser Fog Lamp for scooter

Post by you you »

dog64bull wrote:I seen this at this website http://fancy.com/things/815354488926769 ... serprofile
and I was wondering is it possible to install it on the pcx. I mean, of course its possible but how would you go about doing it??? Like would you attach it to the saddle or something like that??? It shouldn't use a lot power since its an led light. Let me know what you think and give me some ideas about doing this.

It looks a bit photoshopped. Is it on all the time or only whilst you brake?
dog64bull
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by dog64bull »

its definitely not photoshopped. Im not sure if it stays on all the time but its not fake. It says it cost $9. Im gonna buy it and just work with it.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Let us know how useful it turns out to be for you.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Interesting idea. I expect that under normal use, you may get a line on the road behind you. The pic shows pretty crappy conditions that, if I were out in, would demonstrate my lack of paying attention to the weather forecast. Still, for nine clams, it is worth the investigation.

I like the idea of the enhanced brake light that flashes when you apply it then goes steady when you are stopped. I think some of the board folks have this sort of thing - anyone one to point me to one that worked for them?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The clue might be in the $9....
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_ri ... ht_bar.htm
This is the one we have on both of our pcx scooters. You can get it with or without the sequential light. We have the sequential lights on them and are glad we do because of the lack of attention of most drivers.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

This looks promising but has a 'human nature issue' that bothers me. Apparently the lawyer writing their disclaimer had the same thought. "We disclaim all liability resulting from personal injury and/or death resulting from, or arising out of, your use of product"

It's one thing to expect fellow drivers to comply with traffic laws and quite another to demand it. So how do you feel when someone intentionally rides your ass when you turn this on? We have plenty of haters on the road to twist our nipples already :x It begs for someone to cross that line. That being said I'm just the kind of A-hole to install it LOL. I will take one...
Attachments
macwav.jpg
macwav.jpg (10.81 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

dog64bull wrote:its definitely not photoshopped. Im not sure if it stays on all the time but its not fake. It says it cost $9. Im gonna buy it and just work with it.
Not photoshopped doesn't necessarily mean what you see is what you get. As is typical with all light-emitting products, the exposure is probably turned WAY up, as I sincerely doubt it would be that bright even at night with zero street lighting.

Honestly, your money might be better spent trying to upgrade your rear lights.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Bad drivers will ignore it, and as Homie mentions, those that tailgate and speed in bad weather and have issues will simply ignore it or it will spur them on for a laugh. I've seen one cycle with the 'cycle' light pattern and I wondered what use is it as I will not drive differently because of it - I drive safe and look out for all traffic/pedestrians - having added flashing lights will not change a thing.
That said, I'm not sure of the legality of too many lights or flashing lights on vehicles as some are outlawed in the UK and others are a distraction - what happens if an accident happens due to someone's attention being drawn to a flashing lights on another part of the road!
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I've come to the general conclusion that if you want to catch a driver's attention, do it from the helmet, not the ground. Also, tailgaters generally don't care. They're on your arse to try to force you to go faster.

I'm considering a wireless brake light that attaches to my helmet.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Lights, Camera (uhh, no camera) Action!

A helmet like this might be worth looking at:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gmax ... vis-helmet

With their light kit:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gmax ... -light-kit

Installed like this:

Helmet is also sold in other solid colors (not only in Hi-Viz)

Quite a set up for the price ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

You can find rear lights like this in the bicycle world as well
Image, Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Agree. Bicycle shops do have some neat accessories that we can adapt to our scoots. It's fun looking too. I was in a shop yesterday.

Back to flashing lights, ever read about any of these? http://www.signaldynamics.com/backoffxp
Their units are popular on bike forums. I've been on/off the fence about buying one for sometime :? I'm still sittin' there.

Surprised? Amazon has it: http://www.amazon.com/Signal-Dynamics-B ... B000NPNXH4

Also, you can see video's on YouTube :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

From Florida U.S.
A clean looking idea (for 2011-2013) http://www.sportbikelites.com/HONDA-PCX ... oter-1.htm
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 3916 times
enthuesd
Year: 2015

Post by enthuesd »

Since we're talking lights, here's the light I use at night in Bangkok, along with a white or hi-viz helmet.

Fibre Flare MVP
http://fibreflare.com/products/m-v-p-helmet-light-red

Build quality seems good. I've had it for 4 months now, use it twice a week at least. still on it's original batteries.

Also, a note on helmet colors. I've done a lot of observation at night on helmets and all the bikes that drive by my condo. Any helmet that isn't white, bright, or neon yellow, is pretty much invisible to see. It's been said before, but I'll say it again, if you're going to ride at night I strongly recommend a white or bright helmet. And this MVP light doesn't hurt to have either.
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

OK--- I bought a pair of these on eBay. One word: JUNK! I repeat ; JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!! The wires are hair - follicle thin; trying to make a connection to existing wires is a virtual impossibility without breakage. Instead of opening up my PCX I tried one on our new Hyundai Santa Fe -- the Wife wasn't too happy to see me messing with the wiring around the license plate lights. Long story short ---- the things are JUNK!! They're on their way to our landfill and good riddance!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ hey Dustoff, you're talking about the Laser Fog Lamp, correct? Wow, bummer. Techno stuff takes time to perfect I guess. Good thing it wasn't that expensive, then you'd be Bellowing out your feelings :lol:

I held onto another visibility lighting website (that was mentioned once before by another member or two). They appear worthy of the job: http://www.lights.skenedesign.com