Givi T-492 Easy Large Saddlebags

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Re: Givi T-492 Easy Large Saddlebags

Post by Dustoff66 »

I got these bags last week -- haven't installed yet but hopefully this weekend and I'll post some pics. Also got the Xpel clear tape from Amazon. My bags included 2 black bungee cords that you attach to hooks on each end, running them under the scoot to prevent "flapping" in the wind. The bags are a lot bigger than I expected and my big concern is that the straps under the seat will compromise that area for storage --- I put my padded riding jacket in there. We'll see.
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

OK -- Yesterday I installed the bags. They're BIG, wow! The plastic "stiffeners" -- flat strips that slide into little pockets, were a bit too long and I had to trim about 1" off the end to make a good fit. The BW ( Beautiful Wife ) isn't too impressed with the looks but oh well. I'm having a little trouble getting the seat to close with the straps running across. May need to do some trimming but for now I won't in case I decide to not use them. I've attached some pix -- I did notice in "MototoScooter's" pix that his seem to be installed backwards. The reflective strips are meant to be seen from the rear ( I think). Anyway, I don't think they look too bad or too big. Time will tell if they work out.
By the way, I did use the Xpel tape I got from Amazon. Great tip, Thanks!
Attachments
The reflective effect.
The reflective effect.
Bags3A.jpg (432.23 KiB) Viewed 961 times
These straps may need a trim.
These straps may need a trim.
Bags2A.jpg (330.72 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Not TOO big -- they hold a LOT!
Not TOO big -- they hold a LOT!
Bags1A.jpg (296.76 KiB) Viewed 961 times
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I am curious about getting these, however my concerns are about wear to the side panel bodywork through contact?
aka DrewJW
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Chaffing was my concern too.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:Chaffing was my concern too.

Baby wipes are a godsend, along with a touch of antiseptic cream. Nothing worse than angry buttcrack
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I just need to start wearing pants I guess. :oops:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:I just need to start wearing pants I guess. :oops:

No. Airflow is good.

Mind you the Harley guys might wave?

Don't let them get to close otherwise it might not technically be a wave :?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I have the Givi bags and invested in some cheap perforated silicon rubber matting from a dollar shop. Doesn't look very pretty but certainly prevents chafing (on the bike you common lot).
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Useful for motorcycles where you don't want bags to damage paintwork. Various manufacturers, here is one example. Many different width / lengths on the market.

http://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear- ... ar+film+3m
'88 BMW R100RT
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Going to order a set shortly, will help big time with daily work. Wish they did a white set though :D
aka DrewJW
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

An Update: After using these bags for a couple weeks now I'm very pleased. They hold a LOT! I have a tactical bugout bag that I use for my work stuff -- it's loaded with my maps, nav tablet, small tools, etc., and it fits in perfectly, and my soft cooler bag with ice fits in the other side. The only thing I need to cram under the seat now is my riding jacket and after adjusting the bag straps a little it fits in there great. The reflective strips and trim are just right and the Xpel tape I put on is doing what it's supposed to do -- protect the paint. After I came home with a load of groceries in the bags, the BW isn't grousing now.
All in all -- I like them.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dustoff66 wrote:An Update: After using these bags for a couple weeks now I'm very pleased. They hold a LOT! I have a tactical bugout bag that I use for my work stuff -- it's loaded with my maps, nav tablet, small tools, etc., and it fits in perfectly, and my soft cooler bag with ice fits in the other side. The only thing I need to cram under the seat now is my riding jacket and after adjusting the bag straps a little it fits in there great. The reflective strips and trim are just right and the Xpel tape I put on is doing what it's supposed to do -- protect the paint. After I came home with a load of groceries in the bags, the BW isn't grousing now.
All in all -- I like them.

What are the tactics and/or the bugs that need to be out of your bag?