helmet under seat

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

mimilamop
Year: 2015
Color: red

helmet under seat

Post by mimilamop »

Am I doing something wrong? Cannot fit my box bx1 helmet under the seat of my new pcx125?!!
Maybe it just doesn't fit
Please help!!
Mimi
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: helmet under seat

Post by Alibally »

It might not fit. Some don't. I have an agv k4 and it doesn't fit.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Alibally wrote:It might not fit. Some don't. I have an agv k4 and it doesn't fit.

Depends on the shell size really. My old shoei did but the new one doesn't.
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by yak »

same here. One of my helmets fits. One doesn't.
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

The under seat storage is not ... friendly. It's pretty shallow.
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
kundalini
Year: 2015 PCX 125
Color: Matte Grey

Post by kundalini »

I rather foolishly bought a Caberg Duke helmet just after I got my PCX, not really considering that flip-up helmets are a good bit bigger, so it doesn't fit. Hasn't bothered me much though. I just bought a small lock from Halfords for about £3 that I run through the helmet and round the handle bars. If you want to extra secure there is a loop in your toolbag under the seat that attaches to a clip under there. You can run a lock through that.

Just means more space for other junk. I tend to ride to work in my bike jacket and have my work coat under the seat.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

wojtek_pl wrote:The under seat storage is not ... friendly. It's pretty shallow.
It's very good by scooter terms. I've had scooters that have been much much worse and a few cars that haven't been a great deal better
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

mimilamop - I too have a Box BX-1 and it doesn't fit - I've also tried three other makes (size L shell) and they do not fit. If the depth inside was say 1cm deeper then the problem would go away.
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black & Red

Post by St.Clair »

This is a bit of a problem with the pcx. Only the small flimsy helmets fit under the seat. Future mod me thinks.
I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
Nikola Tesla
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

St.Clair wrote:This is a bit of a problem with the pcx. Only the small flimsy helmets fit under the seat. Future mod me thinks.

As an alternative statement my large fulll face Shoei fits under the seat just fine
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I have modular full face and open face helmets, neither of them fit easily where i can throw it in and go. The open face fits if i spend 5 min messing with it, easier to use the hook.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

If Honda modified the new seats to have a dimple in the top underside part of the seat and made it stronger, most helmets would fit - it's normally the case of a cm or so difference would allow most helmets to fit :)
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black & Red

Post by St.Clair »

you you wrote:
St.Clair wrote:This is a bit of a problem with the pcx. Only the small flimsy helmets fit under the seat. Future mod me thinks.

As an alternative statement my large fulll face Shoei fits under the seat just fine
I have yet to see a large full faced helmet going in without some trouble. My medium flip-up is not even close. Surely you must have the knack.
I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
Nikola Tesla
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

St.Clair wrote:
you you wrote:
I have yet to see a large full faced helmet going in without some trouble. My medium flip-up is not even close. Surely you must have the knack.
Now, if St.Clair and YouYou's GPS locations were reversed, I could understand this as Thailand and far-eastern sizing is much smaller than ours (Large UK about XXL in the east), so if helmets followed suit then perhaps an XL there would fit and a M here may not. Still, it's just a small difference in shell shape rather than size - the more expensive helmets have 3 or 4 shell sizes whereas cheaper (but often just a comfy and safe) helmets normally have two sizes with different interiors and they can be quite large in dimensions externally.
Ben2talk
Color: Grey/black

Post by Ben2talk »

Jge64 wrote:I have modular full face and open face helmets, neither of them fit easily where i can throw it in and go. The open face fits if i spend 5 min messing with it, easier to use the hook.
:lol: 5 minutes shaving corners off? or 5 minutes taking your make-up out and putting it in your handbag?

You can only really store the helmet if it's empty down there. I keep a few bits n bungees in a bag down there, so I can lift the bag and stuff it inside the helmet which fits in the empty box.

As for modifications - interesting idea is to take a careful look at options for aftermarket seats.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think altering the seat would be the most likely option for improving storage... I haven't really bothered myself, but in the middle it's very low and I'm sure it'd be possible to add an inch or two without altering seat height at all.

My old bike had separate mounts - with a rear fibreglass 'hump' or a seat pad easily removedto reveal a square section seat frame which was nice for carrying heavy stuff, or stuffing a few shopping bags half in and strap on with a bungee net.

It's slightly annoying - but the rear seat is very plush and comfortable, I guess, for pillion riders...

I guess I'm lucky - in Bangkok I only had ONE helmet stolen in 15 years, and the condition of it (2 years old, bought new for maybe 25 USD) is such that I'm sure it was stolen by someone who really needed it at the time. My helmet just sits on the front bars/windshield when I park.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

"I have yet to see a large full faced helmet going in without some trouble. My medium flip-up is not even close."

Modular flip up helmets are usually only made in one size shell because of the hardware involved. Different sizes use different padding inside.

My wife and I use HJC flip-ups. Hers is XS, mine is XL - but they are the same physical size.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I own a Large LS2 full face, it just fits under the seat with a little push to engage the latch. It's left a small mark on the top of the helmet, I can live with that.

I also have a no-name medium flip-up and have no chance of fitting that one under the seat.
larryinseattle
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by larryinseattle »

Half cap works perfect.
Current motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2001 Kawasaki Drifter
2005 Honda 600cc Silverwing
2011 Honda PCX 125

Goldwing Road Riders Association GWRRA# 338865

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

HJC three-compisite full face FG-15 fits.
devnull
Year: 2012
Color: white

Post by devnull »

2 issues - one solution?

1) My full face helmet doesn't quite fit under the seat. I can bend the seat slightly to force the latch - when I look at the side profile, the seat bends up around 1cm.

2) Due to the length of my legs, I would be a little more comfortable sitting a few inches further backwards on the seat.

Sooo, can anyone recommend a seat that will let me sit a bit further back AND offer slightly higher storage to fit my helmet?