Battery Tender

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

iyernat
Year: 2019
Color: Silver

Battery Tender

Post by iyernat »

Has anyone installed a battery tender on a pcx ? I was wondering if I should do it. I have an extra tender lying around. Any advice is appreciated.
Location - Tampa FL

Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX150, 2006 Honda ST1300
Have owned and and sold: Kawasaki Ninja R500, Honda VFR 750, Honda Silverwing
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Battery Tender

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi iyernat, since you already have one, sure! Install it. Then you'll be able to use the battery tenders ** "pigtail" for other uses as well.
Secondly, if your bike is sitting about in your very hot summer Florida garage, you may want to keep her juiced up while being left alone. Extreme heat can be a drainer, why take a chance? Keep her topped off, maintained and your battery could last you longer than "it" says. ;)

** for those Not familiar with Battery Tenders, the Pigtail is a short cable that accompanies the Battery Tender. One end gets connected to your + and - battery terminals. Once connected, with the wire eyelets, it stays connected (permanently). There is also a removable alligator clip cable within the packaging. Your choice of connections to your battery.
Both versions of pigtails can be used for other accessories and items that need powering. Good examples are GPS, Cell Phone, heated gear, some lighting, portable air pump, etc.

So what say you iyernat, will you be wiring up yours? :P.

Here we have some (big) pics of included cables and optional accessories, so you can get an idea of the possibilities. Cheers!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
image.png
image.png (117.6 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (357.04 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (147.11 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (106.82 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (75.86 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
bigmike7801
Year: 2016
Color: Dark Candy Red

Post by bigmike7801 »

My dealership pre-installs a battery tender pigtail on all the vehicles they sell.

Here's a pic of it connected to the battery:

Here's a pic of the wire in the bucket:

When I get home, I just close the seat on-top of the wire and plug it into the tender in my garage.

Would be interesting to hear what some peoples favorite tender accessories are.

I have a co-worker that says he plugs in a heated jacket to his tender while riding.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have a Battery Tender on both of our bikes, with the pigtail attached on both. I have actually used the pigtails to jump start other bikes, and I have set ours up so that we can attach the two pigtails and jump start each other if need be. I have a power outlet I installed on my bike. My wife didn't want one so obvious, so I purchased some Battery Tender accessories to attach to her pigtail. She uses the USB adapter the most, to charge her phone. We have Ram Mounts so she can put her phone in one of the clamps and then run her power cord through the seat hinge.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Love me tender....
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

I have one on my PCX. I don't really use it to charge the battery, since I ride the scooter every day, but I do use it as the power supply for my heated jacket liner. I have the pigtail coming out of a little hole I drilled a couple of inches above the fuel door, right in front of me. Works GREAT!

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
Alock
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Alock »

I keep my PCX 150 down in Florida @ my mothers home. I go down there 4-5 times a year. The best $25.00 you can spend. I own a Kymco GT300i up here in MA. & it also has a pigtail. Try & use die electrical grease @ the battery terminals. Helps with corrosion.

Amazon is your friend.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-0 ... +tender+jr.