Genuine Honda PCX heated grips & mirrors???

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

tingting44
Year: 2016
Color: black

Genuine Honda PCX heated grips & mirrors???

Post by tingting44 »

Hellow fellow PCX'ers :)

i just got my new 2015 PCX 125 this week, and im loving it compared to my chinese 50cc scooter i had previous before it got stolen

Two things id like to upgrade tho are the grips and mirrors to heated, seeing as the weather is now changing.....

but im having trouble finding genuine honda heated grips and mirrors? the parts need to be Honda other wise my warranty will be voil if i add non Honda parts to my scooter

any help at all to direct me in the right direction would be great, thanks all :)
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: Genuine Honda PCX heated grips & mirrors???

Post by Oyabun »

tingting44 wrote:Hellow fellow PCX'ers :)

i just got my new 2015 PCX 125 this week, and im loving it compared to my chinese 50cc scooter i had previous before it got stolen

Two things id like to upgrade tho are the grips and mirrors to heated, seeing as the weather is now changing.....

but im having trouble finding genuine honda heated grips and mirrors? the parts need to be Honda other wise my warranty will be voil if i add non Honda parts to my scooter

any help at all to direct me in the right direction would be great, thanks all :)
I can't remember seeing any heated mirrors for the PCX, let alone never felt the need for those either even though I use my PCX in real four seasons nut just for two moths spring and ten months autumn as in in the UK. ;-)
The genuine honda heated grips are available through the dealers for sure - but they also install 3rd party (e.g. Oxford) products without voiding the warranty. Are you sure that 3rd party accessories are forbidden to be installed?
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

tingting44 wrote:but im having trouble finding genuine honda heated grips and mirrors?
In the USA, Honda sells heated grips as an accessory for non-deluxe Interceptors, maybe they would work on a PCX??? See this link:
http://powersports.honda.com/2015/inter ... ories.aspx

I think in the UK they only sell the deluxe model Interceptor which comes with the heated grips standard, so even if they worked on a PCX your dealers there probably don't carry this so you'd have to purchase online from overseas. And since they're intended for the Interceptor they'd probably still void your warranty even though it's a Honda part. Therefore, you might as well go for an aftermarket alternative. Good luck in your search and welcome!
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
tingting44

Post by tingting44 »

Hi Oyabun

i only ask about the heated mirrors as on my commute to work this morning my mirrors partly froze up and i was driving through thick fog which rendered my mirrors useless and quite dangerus :( and ive all ways wanted heated grips lol, ive messaged honda for a price on both mirrors and grips and about warranty so when i get a reply ill let you know :) i am just assuming non honda parts will void my warranty... this morning was the coldest so far since ive been riding (8 weeks in total lol) and need to prepare :D

Hi GatorGregg thanks for your wishes of luck buddy, as soon as i get confirmation from honda, good or bad ill post here to let you good fellows know of the progress, im in love with this bloody pcx i can tell you! ive had the bike since 2pm this monday and im on 255 miles, so only another 45 miles to go before i can open up the throttle and see what she really can do lol, but im blown away with its performance only on half throttle! half throttle is way more power and speed then i could even dream of from my previous chinese 49cc scooter, so i can only imagine what full throttle starts are like......hmmmmm i can not wait lol :D

thanks again all, hope to speak to you all a lot more from now on
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tingting44 wrote:Hi Oyabun

i only ask about the heated mirrors as on my commute to work this morning my mirrors partly froze up and i was driving through thick fog which rendered my mirrors useless and quite dangerus :( and ive all ways wanted heated grips lol, ive messaged honda for a price on both mirrors and grips and about warranty so when i get a reply ill let you know :) i am just assuming non honda parts will void my warranty... this morning was the coldest so far since ive been riding (8 weeks in total lol) and need to prepare :D

Hi GatorGregg thanks for your wishes of luck buddy, as soon as i get confirmation from honda, good or bad ill post here to let you good fellows know of the progress, im in love with this bloody pcx i can tell you! ive had the bike since 2pm this monday and im on 255 miles, so only another 45 miles to go before i can open up the throttle and see what she really can do lol, but im blown away with its performance only on half throttle! half throttle is way more power and speed then i could even dream of from my previous chinese 49cc scooter, so i can only imagine what full throttle starts are like......hmmmmm i can not wait lol :D

thanks again all, hope to speak to you all a lot more from now on

Your mirrors froze up in September? Alarm bells are ringing.
tingting44

Post by tingting44 »

alarm bells? what do you mean?
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

I guess he meant that you must live in a very special and cold part of Southampton, to have sub zero temperatures freezing up the mirrors in September.
BTW. Congrats ro your newest two wheeler toy, we all hope you'll enjoy it for long time and stay away from Homie's casuality list.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Oyabun wrote:BTW. Congrats ro your newest two wheeler toy, we all hope you'll enjoy it for long time and stay away from Homie's casuality list.
It's not a causality list is it? No one died since tracking started in 2012. Mostly riders who've had accidents resulting in needed repairs or insurance write offs. Folks who crashed, slipped, skidded or got knocked off and tumbled. Sustained broken bones, road rash, limb casts or needed minor medical attention. Of course no one logged back in if they died... yet.

Or if you're on the street with the local news reporter as a victim giving the report to authorities whilst your spouse is down in the ditch with a broken shoulder waiting for paramedics. Like what happened to Mel and his wife who survived the worst traffic accident in here we know of to date among members.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey! Welcome to our forums tingting44 and congrats on buying a PCX! From what I've read, you're certainly enjoying it (that doesn't surprise me) :P
Sorry I can't help you find Honda heated grips or mirrors, fact is, I didn't know that Honda made them. News to me 8) Live and learn. Good luck and be safe
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

homie wrote:
Oyabun wrote:BTW. Congrats ro your newest two wheeler toy, we all hope you'll enjoy it for long time and stay away from Homie's casuality list.
It's not a causality list is it? No one died since tracking started in 2012. Mostly riders who've had accidents resulting in needed repairs or insurance write offs. Folks who crashed, slipped, skidded or got knocked off and tumbled. Sustained broken bones, road rash, limb casts or needed minor medical attention. Of course no one logged back in if they died... yet.
My bad. Please bear with me, english is not my mother tongue. Apparently I wanted to refer to your survivor list
tingting44

Post by tingting44 »

Morning fellow PCX'ers :)

Thanks Oyabun, im loving my new toy, best toy ive had since i can remember, i feel all warm and fuzzy every time i get on her, like when i was a kid at christmas LOL

ahhhh right lol, well maybe i exaggerated a bit about the freezing mirrors LOL, it might have been the very thick fog i was driving through, but i think there was some bits of frost on them LOL, but i couldnt see anything out of them which made me think about heated mirrors..... i normally leave for work at 3am as i start work at 4am, but that morning i left at 1am to get in some quality riding time with my lovely PCX (im up to 295 miles out of the 300 miles run in period from monday) so only another 5 miles before i can open the throttle past 1/2 way, and i intend to stay away from the casuality list thats for sure buddy!

Morning Homie! :) we all have to be so careful out there thats for sure, im super careful, and hope to stay away from all those injuries you list :( but with all these terrible drivers on the road, sometimes i think its just a countdown till something happens :(

Morning WhiteNoise, thanks for the welcome, i have good news about the grips, Honda contacted me yesterday, and indeed they do Honda heated grips and Oxford heated grips, good news the oxford make will not void my warranty, and the price for the Honda ones are £250, where as the Oxford ones are £99, he actually suggested to me to go for the Oxford ones as they are excellent :)

Im due my first 600mile service with Honda so i think ill wait to get the grips installed and kill two birds with one stone and get the service and heated grips done at the same time, they id be looking at the bike to be in for about 3 hours, 1 hour for service and 2 hours to install the grips, sounds like a plan to me lol :)

just going to have some breakfast now, and go for another bike ride (the last one at half throttle thank god lol, then i can see what she is like opening the throttle up fully :) ohhh im excited

Edit > dam my baby is filthy all ready tho lol, im going to have to get a cleaning kit for sure next week, and research how to clean her as i dont want to get water in places which should not be getting in, any cleaning kits you guys would recommend? as the last thing i want to do is scratch my baby lol, hmm also just read that muk off has salt in it??? that does not sound good...