Install additional lights in unused sections of housing

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Lvtech

Install additional lights in unused sections of housing

Post by Lvtech »

Has anyone added additional lights to the unused sections in the headlight assembly. I'm looking for pics or ideas.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Install additional lights in unused sections of housing

Post by dasshreddar »

Lvtech wrote:Has anyone added additional lights to the unused sections in the headlight assembly. I'm looking for pics or ideas.
Welcome, no one here has done that yet... assuming you are from the US. If you drill a hole and can fab up a bracket for a light socket it should work.
I thought about doing this at one time, but really extra lights are not important to me.
A cleaner way would be to separate the lens from the housing to install a light socket in somehow.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Install additional lights in unused sections of housing

Post by kramnala58 »

Lvtech wrote:Has anyone added additional lights to the unused sections in the headlight assembly. I'm looking for pics or ideas.
I did it by putting two blue lights in there. I had the bike for about three months before I realized that there were already light sockets in place (Thailand model). I didn't have to rewire anything. Sorry, no pics, but it looks real nice. You need to be careful though because, depending on where you live, it may be illegal to use anything but standard marker lights. I am fairly confident that it is against code here in Thailand, but no one ever says anything about mods like that, so until I am told otherwise, I am leaving them in.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(