Dealer installed USB power and RAM Mount

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Dealer installed USB power and RAM Mount

Post by dustin91 »

So here are the two accessories my dealer installed for me – total cost plus installation was maybe $180 or so. Haven't really needed them yet, but I did test them on one short ride. Will definitely come in handy for the long haul!

- Dustin
Attachments
USB and base RAM  mount with ball joint to attach other grips.
USB and base RAM mount with ball joint to attach other grips.
both.jpg (197.21 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
X-spring grip for phone or GPS. Held my iPhone 4S really well, no fear of losing it.
X-spring grip for phone or GPS. Held my iPhone 4S really well, no fear of losing it.
grip.jpg (190.19 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
Two USB power ports with rubber tab inserts for protection.
Two USB power ports with rubber tab inserts for protection.
USB.jpg (234.03 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Dealer installed USB power and RAM Mount

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Wow $180 is a hell of a lot of $$$ for that. I hope you get good use out of it. I wouldn't. I got my new seat from Thailand for that price and I considered that money well spent. How's that hump treating ya Dustin?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I'd imagine most of the money went into the installation, although RAM mounts aren't cheap either! Looks good, that RAM mount will be great because it will work with almost any device.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Pedro, Maddie was right – half the $ went to installation... and the one time I need it to charge my bluetooth headset or power up my phone for GPS, it will already have been money well spent!

The RAM mount is solid as hell, and I just take the grip off and store it, and rotate the mount down when I don't need it. It's a short arm, so using the phone as a GPS doesn't interfere with the dash at all.

As far as the hump goes, I actually like it, giving me a little back rest. Probably also helps that I'm only 5'7" on a good day!
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Yup- that makes sense then. My dealership charges $140 per hour for installation which is why I declined their quote to fit my new windshield as they wanted a full 1 hour fee but I knew better thanks to maddiedog's "how to" instructions. So, I did it myself. I got them to do my top box though which I'll show you in your top box thread Dustin.