Sort of an Accessory

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Sort of an Accessory

Post by GeorgeSK »

Garage space is tight around here in the winter, when my 15 foot sailboat is stuffed into the garage along with the snowblower and other implements of snow destruction. I did not want to add the eminently scratchable Mantis to the mix. We decided to get a "shed-in-a-box" 6' x6' x6' scooter house! I think it will work out great, so long as I can hold back the creep of other stuff (the eagle-eyed among you will discern a lawnmower has already snuck in).
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.3 KiB) Viewed 631 times
My reflective tape, while not up to JoJo's standards, is still pretty effective, and makes a flash picture tricky...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (109.02 KiB) Viewed 631 times
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Re: Sort of an Accessory

Post by Kermit »

Cool idea...wouldn't be allowed in my neighborhood. :( So we have two cars and two scooters stuffed into our two-car garage.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

What is the large animal looking figure against the fence? Looks like it might need a stable for the winter too. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi George, having the space to do that is great! Instant garage! Lawn mower included :D
Some questions: How does it stay secured to the ground (for those "fly-away kinda days?") What is it made of? Do you have power or are you planning to add power to run say, a battery tender?
That's some "watchdog" ya got there for your Mantis! :lol: A teen Hippo? Where the heck did you get him? Lovin' it!
:? tidy up those leaves! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

I am reasonably sure that I have the only rhinoceros lawn ornament in town. It was my son's middle school art project, made of paper mache. After he got it back, we couldn't throw it out. No.... Nor could we afford to have it clogging up the afore-mentioned garage. The lad decided that it could be winterized by covering it with ferro-cement. At about 1000 lb, it is not going anywhere soon. And the lead flashing that he used for ears has become a favorite with the squirrels. I can only assume that the local squirrels have some nervous system issues.

The shed is held down with four anchors that screwed into the ground about a foot. Here is a link to the website: http://www.shelterlogic.com/ProductDeta ... Name=Sheds

I ended up getting it through Amazon. Same price but free shipping. I do plan on running an extension cord out for battery tending, but if pulling the battery out is not that big a PITA, I may just bring the battery in for the occasional charge. I'm hoping to get out at least a few times during the winter - it's not ALWAYS freezing and snow covered around here.

And leaves.... Bah. Humbug.

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

Will it hold up to snow?
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Darth Emma wrote:Will it hold up to snow?

The rhinoceros?
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

Kermit wrote:Cool idea...wouldn't be allowed in my neighborhood. :( So we have two cars and two scooters stuffed into our two-car garage.
Same here. I have an SUV, all my woodworking power tools and the PCX jammed in the two car garage. It does work for me though keeping the car and scooter clean and secure. My only problem is I have to move the vehicles out when I'm working on a project.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

Rhino in Winter
Rhino in Winter
image.jpeg (66.97 KiB) Viewed 631 times
If the Scoot House puts up with the snow half as well as Rhino, I'll be thrilled. This was decidedly NOT scooter weather.

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

GeorgeSK wrote:I am reasonably sure that I have the only rhinoceros lawn ornament in town. It was my son's middle school art project, made of paper mache. After he got it back, we couldn't throw it out. No.... Nor could we afford to have it clogging up the afore-mentioned garage. The lad decided that it could be winterized by covering it with ferro-cement. At about 1000 lb, it is not going anywhere soon.
Speaking as a father of two adult children, I will guarantee you that you will never regret letting the rhino stay. Quite likely, possibly even in a couple of decades from now, I am sure that you will hear your son say, "Hey Dad, do you remember the rhino I made in sixth grade which you let me keep in the back yard ....."

Don't be too quick to get rid of the rhino. :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Kudo's to your son for making it, and weather ready too! ;) I'm betting Mr. Rhino would scare the ba-geez-zzz out of a trespasser! That's a bonus!
I'm unhappy about winter coming on so soon, well....it feels to soon anyway. I'm fixing to winter mine up, but my hearts Not in it :(
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You