simple cell mount

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homey
Regular User
Regular User

simple cell mount

Post by homey »

I wanted to use the heavy duty belt clip that comes with the I-phone for a handlebar GPS mount. After some fiddling OCD could not get comfortable. Then a simple 5 dollar vacuum cleaner belt wedged between the bars and the cap produced a rubbery loop for the clip to attach. It was all downhill from there and Monk was starting to get that sense of well being ;) The verdict on whether or not this will be 100% duty cycle is still out but its looks very promising.
video ---> http://youtu.be/-VbyKqH7O44
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Re: simple cell mount

Post by homey »

3/4" (wood auger bit) to allow the USB end of the charging cord access into the glove box from the inside... END!
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

supermattyp

Post by supermattyp »

looks good. Very clean install. I'm looking to do something very similar on my forza. I'm actually hoping to convince this european company to sell me one of these...

www.getfinn.com
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

I've always felt that a phone takes a lot more shock on the handlebars than in your pocket or pack since your body acts as a large shock absorber. It would be nice if somebody developed a cheap Bluetooth handlebar display for the iPhone with a few simple controls. It would be good for bicycling or motorcycling, and you could leave the phone display off for longer battery life.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Yes, I could not get with the rigid bolt on protruding variations I've seen in here. Mostly because they either cover a rather decent bit of chrome or are seemingly not incorporated in the scheme well enough for a Monk. All the perks of shock resistance and low cost were purely chance. I was simply looking for esthetics. I put 75 miles on it last night and it held its position quietly without further adjustment or fasteners. It has earned its usefulness far beyond the hole in the glove box for the mod... if it even qualifies as a mod.