Cheeky Seats review

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Cheeky Seats review

Post by honkerman »

So I got my new seat cover from Cheeky seats. Short story: excellent customer service and product quality. Long story, see link.

http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2016/05 ... th-me.html
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Re: Cheeky Seats review

Post by txpcx13 »

I am going to have to look into getting the "Honda PCX PADDED Scooter Seat Cover Black Faux Leather 2010-13".
Can you think of any negative points with your new seat cover?
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

txpcx13 wrote:I am going to have to look into getting the "Honda PCX PADDED Scooter Seat Cover Black Faux Leather 2010-13".
Can you think of any negative points with your new seat cover?
you may still need to sand down the plastic riser in th seat itself after the hump is removed, but that is an issue with th seat itself, not the cover.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by txpcx13 »

Thanks for the reply. I have heard of people sanding/removing the plastic riser. I have not taken off my hump yet, but I guess you can still feel a hard spot from the riser where the hump used to be.
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Oooo, I like the idea of additional padding

Does it add much to the seat height?
(I can't flat-footed the original on both sides)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

DailyRider, that is why we purchased a custom seat from Thailand for my wife, as well as the Takegawa Lowering Shocks. Then we had to purchase special boots with a higher sole for her, but she is only 5 ft. tall. For those who are taller than that but still have to tip toe at stops, get the lowering shocks and consider this type of seat, which does lower you but takes up some of your underseat storage space in order to do that.
http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/accessorie ... -2016.html
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

DailyRider wrote:Oooo, I like the idea of additional padding

Does it add much to the seat height?
(I can't flat-footed the original on both sides)
I didn't notice any difference. It's fairly thin.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

I have the same cover as Honkerman, only with red stitching. I love it; the quality and fit are exceptional and it looks great. It has a small amount of padding, just enough for the stitching upholstery (sorry, Suzy, I don't know the technical term for this), and it follows the contour of your seat exactly. If you have the earlier model seat and have removed the hump, all you have to do is level the surface over the holes with a little padding (I used a small fluffy handtowel from Target for mine) and install the Cheeky Seats cover over your original (now repaired) seat. Super comfy and looks like a high-dollar custom seat.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

Thanks guys :)

My last scooter was bigger, so I'm not looking to lower my PCX seat.
On the other hand, I'm not eager to raise the seat much.

In any event, it looks like this seat cover is designed for the older PCXs.
My seat may already be better. (If so, those older seats must be danged uncomfortable.)
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by txpcx13 »

DailyRider wrote: In any event, it looks like this seat cover is designed for the older PCXs.
My seat may already be better. (If so, those older seats must be danged uncomfortable.)
For me it is the silly hump that is annoying sometimes. It keeps me from scooting : ) back as far as I would like to be in a comfortable position.
Honestly, I do not understand the hump at all. It is not a back rest because it is so low. It is not needed to keep you from flying off the bike from any insane acceleration.
It looks like a good idea, but doesn't function like a good idea for me.

New seat cover here I come
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

DailyRider wrote:Thanks guys :)

My last scooter was bigger, so I'm not looking to lower my PCX seat.
On the other hand, I'm not eager to raise the seat much.

In any event, it looks like this seat cover is designed for the older PCXs.
They can possibly still do something for you. Call or chat with them and find out,
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

txpcx13 wrote:
DailyRider wrote: In any event, it looks like this seat cover is designed for the older PCXs.
For me it is the silly hump that is annoying sometimes. It keeps me from scooting : ) back as far as I would like to be in a comfortable position.
Honestly, I do not understand the hump at all. It is not a back rest because it is so low. It is not needed to keep you from flying off the bike from any insane acceleration.
It looks like a good idea, but doesn't function like a good idea for me.

New seat cover here I come
If you're not budget limited, or able to spend a bit more, they will customize your cover for you.

The work is so good, one of the instructors at school thought it was a whole new seat, not just a cover.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ya'll might want to read here too about Cheeky Seat covers with Suzy onboard: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... eat+covers
I've been thinking about a cover for my 2015 stock seat now that I replaced it with another seat. I believe Suzy has yet to make a cover for 2014-2016 PCX model years.

What do you guys/gals think of a white and black checkerboard pattern?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

WhiteNoise wrote: I've been thinking about a cover for my 2015 stock seat now that I replaced it with another seat. I believe Suzy has yet to make a cover for 2014-2016 PCX model years.

What do you guys/gals think of a white and black checkerboard pattern?
Not sure about the checks on such a streamlined scooter...

Maybe a red or white stripe?
https://scooterseatcovers.net/blog/wp-c ... cover-.jpg
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for your input DR :P Yes, In my heart I know you're probably right with the stripe idea. Sigh.
I just really like checker patterns. Would it really look too off and dorky on our "streamliners?"

Wait a minute! I'm now thinking VW Beetle,...we see racing stripes running up their front hood over the roof and down the back end. How's that work? They're not Camaro's...the family of speedsters!
VW Beetle should be of the checkerboard family. Get my drift here? :roll:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

I think it would be quite a design/sewing challenge, unless you could find vinyl fabric that came already checkered.

Perhaps one could "checker" some white marine vinyl? That would also let you make the checkers smaller than they could easily be pieced together.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thanks for your input DR :P Yes, In my heart I know you're probably right with the stripe idea. Sigh.
I just really like checker patterns. Would it really look too off and dorky on our "streamliners?"

Wait a minute! I'm now thinking VW Beetle,...we see racing stripes running up their front hood over the roof and down the back end. How's that work? They're not Camaro's...the family of speedsters!
VW Beetle should be of the checkerboard family. Get my drift here? :roll:
Well, the advantage of a checkerboard pattern is, you can roll up to the park and play checkers with all your friends, right there on your scooter seat. :lol: :D :lol:
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

That! could happen!.... :lol: Leave it to you Paul! :lol:
Let's Play! :D
Here's Suzy's "Racing Checks" seat cover on a 2010-2013 PCX with Da-hump!
The fabric is a cotton/canvas.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 2517 times
How's about ^^ that! for a 2014-2016 PCX? Set in Marine vinyl. That cover would be spot (square) on! And, have a better chance of withstanding Mother Nature's ever changing moods (well, most of them ;) Come Rain or Shine.

Folks Liking it Yet?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote:That! could happen!.... :lol: Leave it to you Paul! :lol:
Let's Play! :D
Here's Suzy's "Racing Checks" seat cover on a 2010-2013 PCX with Da-hump!
The fabric is a cotton/canvas.
image.jpeg
How's about ^^ that! for a 2014-2016 PCX? Set in Marine vinyl. That cover would be spot (square) on! And, have a better chance of withstanding Mother Nature's ever changing moods (well, most of them ;) Come Rain or Shine.

Folks Liking it Yet?
It doesn't tickle my fancy, but the wonderful thing about scooters and motorbikes is that it doesn't matter what someone else thinks, it's about what makes you happy with the machine and what makes it uniquely yours.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Scoot Commute
Year: 2012
Color: White

Post by Scoot Commute »

Got one of these Faux covers bit under a year ago for a 2012, pretty impressed with the level of service and product.
I have taken the hump off and cut the peakiness out of the mount holes, have also added some additional HD foam where the mount and seat surface comes close so as not to get jarred by it over the sharper bumps.

Certainly way better than the original feel!