Paracord keychain made by my son for my new PCX!!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fez

Paracord keychain made by my son for my new PCX!!

Post by Fez »

So a year or so ago I helped my (now soon-to-be 16yr old) son to start a small business to help him learn the basics of money management and saving for what you want etc. I told him that he's the eldest of 5 and that I won't be buying cars etc. so he should think about what he wants and how he's going to afford it! We came up with a paracord 'business' where he makes various items from true 550 paracord (no cheap knock-offs) and would sell them at craft fairs with my wife, as well as online. His Etsy shop has kind of gone by the wayside as he's been so busy from the craft shows, making a fine product at a very reasonable price. He's got a good size deposit on a car, although he now really want to ride my bike!

Well today I came home from work and he had decided to make me an early birthday present!! He took my PCX keys and attached the key chain shown below that he had worked on today. He normally does cobra and king cobra weaves which yield about 1-2' of cord per inch of weave, but this is one of his more intricate weaves that takes a lot longer and puts a lot more cord into it. It's a basic black, but the red is an almost exact match for my red PCX and it has a 3M reflective stitch through it. Completely awesome if I don't say so myself!

Very cool, and very proud dad!!
PCX reflective key chain
PCX reflective key chain
PCX keychain-resize.jpg (178.65 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Paracord keychain made by my son for my new PCX!!

Post by GeezyRider »

Hey Fez,

That's a great way for a young man to get started. Is he taking orders and does he offer discounts to forum members? ;)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

If you want, you can post a link to his Etsy store here, or in the marketplace: http://hondapcx.org/viewforum.php?f=13
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Fez

Post by Fez »

@GeezyRider - yes on orders, and I'm sure that I can convince (read: bribe with rides on the bike!!) to offer discounts!

@maddiedog, I'll have him look at updating his store and posting something in the marketplace, thanks for pointing that out!
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I was only kidding about the discount but I'll keep a watch on the marketplace for purchasing info.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

My little brother likes to make these bracelets too. We bought him all the supplies, he sold two, but it too lazy to do any more. He is better with orders. I told him next time we do a yard sell he should set up a table
ImageImage
Fez

Post by Fez »

Here's a link to a black/red-reflective that he's just posted on Etsy, as well as a link to his Etsy store. He'll be adding a plain red/black as well as a black/grey-reflective shortly.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157054675/ ... ome_active

https://liamsparacord.etsy.com

Black & Reflective "Honda" Red Barrel Key Chain
Black & Reflective Red Barrel Key Chain
Black & Reflective Red Barrel Key Chain
BarrelFob-HndaReflRed-Blk_1.jpg (110.95 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Soon to be listed Black & Reflective Grey and a plain Black & Red
Black & Reflective Grey Barrel Key Chain
Black & Reflective Grey Barrel Key Chain
BarrelFob-ReflGrey-Blk_1.jpg (111.89 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Black & Plain Red Barrel Key Chain
Black & Plain Red Barrel Key Chain