leo vince exhaust

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

leo vince exhaust

Post by mikelx5 »

so i ran my exhaust for a while (3000 miles or so) got to the piont that i love the exhaust, this was without silencer. so i have a few friends with sensitive ear, so i installed the silencer. it sounds terrable like a really bad rice burner car exhaust with an exhaust leak. just figured i would let you guys know for anybody looking into it.

it is also noticably more restrictive
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Re: leo vince exhaust

Post by dem0nk1d »

im running the stock exhaust bored out with a 22mm drill bit. Also i went about 6" into the pipe. Sounds really good, and the pod filter really increased throttle response and power. I think the whole exhaust thing is hype.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

dem0nk1d wrote:im running the stock exhaust bored out with a 22mm drill bit. Also i went about 6" into the pipe. Sounds really good, and the pod filter really increased throttle response and power. I think the whole exhaust thing is hype.
Any pics of this ? I would cut the exhaust off at the header drill through the cat and reweld... to really open it up
Mightyhonu

Post by Mightyhonu »

Demon if you have pics and more information that would be great.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

its not hype its just not too noticeable in a lot of cases but it took me from 55 on an uphill to 60 with very similar conditions (weather, traffic, wind) also higher top speed from 70 to 74 on flats. so not huge numbers but its way smoother.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

mikelx5 wrote:its not hype its just not too noticeable in a lot of cases but it took me from 55 on an uphill to 60 with very similar conditions (weather, traffic, wind) also higher top speed from 70 to 74 on flats. so not huge numbers but its way smoother.

Sorry i mean the whole over priced exhaust do work, increase flow and make the engine happy, happy, happy! But for the price they want it's almost not worth it. With our stock exhaust i was able to open it up a little more, and i did notice a little more top-end.

However this is what i did. Took a 22mm drill bit and drove it directly into the exhaust exit tube. I put the drill as far as it would go and i think it went through two baffles and some kind of funky pipe inside the stock exhaust. Here is a picture below but doesn't do justice. When it gets light tomorrow i can take some better pictures...

Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

dem0nk1d wrote:
I took a 22mm drill bit and drove it directly into the exhaust exit tube. I put the drill as far as it would go and i think it went through two baffles and some kind of funky pipe inside the stock exhaust. Here is a picture below but doesn't do justice. When it gets light tomorrow i can take some better pictures...

How did that change the exhaust noise levels? I would like to try something similar as long as it did not make it obnoxious noisy.
(We already have enough Harley's around here to take care of that) :P
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Here is the best inside shot i can provide of the stock exhaust.

The sound is pretty beefy especially with stock airbox removed, and just using a filter directly on the throttle body.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

do you have any problem with rain without the the airbox
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

mikelx5 wrote:do you have any problem with rain without the the airbox
I haven't really rode in the rain yet with out the airbox. However the pod filter is right behind this rubber flap and rear wheel. Only way to find out is when it rains next. I might just build a radiator hose intake and try to move it up to the front of the seat area. This way it would give me more insurance that it would stay drier when it rains.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

rain proof... and I also have one of those k&n dirt socks over the whole peanut butter jar ;) :lol:
Attachments
airpod.jpg
airpod.jpg (197.74 KiB) Viewed 9381 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It just needs a wasp in it
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Or Two. The honeycomb board & filter.
Das, Plastic Jar from Jiff all natural PB? Bestest!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScooterCommuter

Post by ScooterCommuter »

After running my Leo Vince Corsa exhaust for a while, I replaced the stock exhaust anticipating state inspection. The performance of the Pcx150 improved immediately. Stock is so much faster despite the weight of the factory exhaust. Leo Vince looks nice, but I will take performance over looks. Just my experience after about a thousand miles with the aftermarket exhaust. No offence to those who've had a better experience.
current: Honda Pcx 150
previous: Honda Reflex 250, Suzuki Gs500, Yamaha Vino 70 mod
'Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly'
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

well to add to this DO NOT use the leo if you run on the highway for extended periods of time. first the slip seal went bad so i had it welded, then a weld broke, then all the sudden the bolt stripped and pipe sheared so if its just around town and you wanna make noise(my original plan) then go ahead but it is not high enough quality to hold up to the heat and scootercommuter i do see what you say on the bottom i feel like i lost some top end though so i think it just moved the powerband lower.

so demon does it hurt take off at all or just louder all around and thats all
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

dem0nk1d wrote:
mikelx5 wrote:its not hype its just not too noticeable in a lot of cases but it took me from 55 on an uphill to 60 with very similar conditions (weather, traffic, wind) also higher top speed from 70 to 74 on flats. so not huge numbers but its way smoother.
I did something similar but instead drilled 3 holes in the back of the can. The metal is relatively thin so it was pretty easy.

The performance gain was small, but the engine definitely breathes easier and sounds better.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

hows your off the line grunt
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

If i could power my go pro, i'd so a video around the block for take of speeds. But i think boring it out to 22m was the magic number. Feels peppy all around. Now the bigger tires i went to raped performance all over the board.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

mikelx5 wrote:hows your off the line grunt
Off the line is about the same as stock.
As Demonkid said, the performance gain is in the mid to upper range. Slightly better acceleration from 50Mph to Top speed and a better exhaust note.
Don't expect to get miracles here. This is just a small incremental improvement.
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Slickvic wrote:
mikelx5 wrote:hows your off the line grunt
Off the line is about the same as stock.
As Demonkid said, the performance gain is in the mid to upper range. Slightly better acceleration from 50Mph to Top speed and a better exhaust note.
Don't expect to get miracles here. This is just a small incremental improvement.
The mod is fairly cheap or free if you already have drill bits! I highly recommend it! I'd like to gut mine and remove the "MEOW" inside of it. =) EPA what?