CVT mods for PCX 150?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: CVT mods for PCX 150?

Post by dasshreddar »

MCJohnny wrote:dasshreddar have you tried the sliders in you yuminashi variator yet?
no not yet, but I do want to try it someday...
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

GeeGusKahn wrote:
wingz wrote:Mine didn't shudder but I added a 0.5mm spacer to increase rpm.
You can use a washer.
Hay wingz, what is the placement of the washer??
thanks
Sean
Hi Sean

I'm not sure I understand the question. You put the spacer between the boss and the outer pulley. This has the same effect as having a longer boss (the part that the outer pulley tightens up against when you fit it).

I bought 11.5g sliders. They were too heavy for the stock PCX150. Then I figured a spacer would increase rpm further.
The 1mm spacer increased WOT rpm by 6.5%.

It was discussed in this thread: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... cer#p31122
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Fuzzy washers are only required IF there is a shiny unused area at the bottom of the variator face.

What fuzzy washers do it to lower the belt in the "groove" to lower the take-off or "first" gear. They were pioneer by MP3 guys because the MP3 is heavier and needed a bit more low down acceleration off the line.

Caution should be used as they also increase the distance between the pulleys so may reduce maximum speed.

Should be noted that some after market variators (Spanish ;)) come with a longer, a lot more than 0.5mm, bushing. This serves the same purpose of increasing the ratio spread.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

its been done way before the mp3 the helix guys used em just didnt use the term "fuzzy" (the first guy to research the mod for the mp3). just think about it this way the Japanese guys are on the same learning curve as the "moderns", if not further since they have used the setup a lot longer.

it makes complete sense why it would increase rpm i do agree that if u are using the whole pully the isnt much of a piont. iremeber my stock setup had some room it could drop further.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Doesn't this just lower the overall gearing?
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:Doesn't this just lower the overall gearing?
...yes........ ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
GeeGusKahn
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by GeeGusKahn »

wingz wrote:
GeeGusKahn wrote:
wingz wrote:Mine didn't shudder but I added a 0.5mm spacer to increase rpm.
You can use a washer.
Hay wingz, what is the placement of the washer??
thanks
Sean
Hi Sean

I'm not sure I understand the question. You put the spacer between the boss and the outer pulley. This has the same effect as having a longer boss (the part that the outer pulley tightens up against when you fit it).

I bought 11.5g sliders. They were too heavy for the stock PCX150. Then I figured a spacer would increase rpm further.
The 1mm spacer increased WOT rpm by 6.5%.

It was discussed in this thread: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... cer#p31122
Wingz, thank you.
I was just a wee bit confused as somewhere else someone was talking about putting the spacer between the case and the variator.
I have a 0.5mm shim and for giggles ordered some 16mm x 24mm x 0.25mm shims from Amazon.
A package of 10 shims is maybe $10 shipped.
Thanks
Sean :D
Sean, who loves Hi-Vis everything.
2013 Red PCX150 - NCY V and DF, 11 g rollers, stock OEM belt.
2006 Wht. Burgman 650, 30,000+ miles, running like a champ..
MCJohnny
Year: 2013 150cc

Post by MCJohnny »

got some time and put in the yuminashi variator with 12g rollers and gates belt. there are no other upgrades to the pcx 150
top speed increased from 48-49 to 53-54 mph up a slight hill 1%-3%. and increased from 34-35 to 44-45 up a 8%-9% hill.
was stuck behind a slow truck most for the way back so no down hill speed test i did finally pass him going 65 but right after hit a 8% up hill but i did only drop to 55 by the top of it and before the variator i would of been at 45. there are not vary many flat roads where i live so no flat speeds yet. i am 6 foot 4 and 230 pounds for reference
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Johhny,

^Are your numbers indicated or real? Just curious as i have some comparable numbers.
MCJohnny

Post by MCJohnny »

they are indicated there is a radar on the way back and it said 59 and the speedometer was just about to 60 so it is real close maybe .5 off.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

No UPS and power on and off earlier so my post was cut short

I've got stock 44 mph on a 300m run up 5% grade and 53mph with variator. For a 100 (220 lbs) kgs rider on a new ( MK2) 125.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

dasshreddar wrote:
MCJohnny wrote:dasshreddar have you tried the sliders in you yuminashi variator yet?
Put my 12g sliders in today... MUCH improvement with all the Yuminashi upgrades... Duh should have tried that earlier :roll: :lol:
MCJohnny

Post by MCJohnny »

dasshreddar wrote:
dasshreddar wrote:
Put my 12g sliders in today... MUCH improvement with all the Yuminashi upgrades... Duh should have tried that earlier :roll: :lol:

Dasshreddar have you stayed with the 12g sliders or have you tried others
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That's how we roll in PCX forum town :lol:

state your boggle
hear some opinions
realize your fail

excellent case management boys... just excellent
Attachments
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am a little bit confused. I plan on purchasing and installing the ncy variator set. Do i need to install the crush washer, and if so, is it between the boss and outer pulley in all cases? I thought i had read previously that you don't always have to add the washer.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

MCJohnny I have only tried the 12g rollers(okay on the flats) and the 12g sliders... still using the sliders(way better for the hills and everywhere else).

homie :? :lol: ;)

Mel... It's been like 2 years just buy a variator already... I don't think you will need a crush washer... many of us are not using a crush washer.
MCJohnny

Post by MCJohnny »

Mel46 wrote:I am a little bit confused. I plan on purchasing and installing the ncy variator set. Do i need to install the crush washer, and if so, is it between the boss and outer pulley in all cases? I thought i had read previously that you don't always have to add the washer.

I got the yuminashi speed booster v.2013 variator and it came with a washer if you want to use it or not is up to you. But the variator was an amazing upgrade.
MCJohnny

Post by MCJohnny »

dasshreddar wrote:MCJohnny I have only tried the 12g rollers(okay on the flats) and the 12g sliders... still using the sliders(way better for the hills and everywhere else).

Mel... It's been like 2 years just buy a variator already... I don't think you will need a crush washer... many of us are not using a crush washer.

I had the 12g sliders but I guess I was feeling a little weak the day I put them in so the stock variator and sliders got destroyed
put the proper torque on the yuminashi speed booster v.2013 variator it's still kicking. Sounds like I need to get some more sliders coming.

Do you have any other upgrades?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

MCJohnny wrote:
dasshreddar wrote:MCJohnny I have only tried the 12g rollers(okay on the flats) and the 12g sliders... still using the sliders(way better for the hills and everywhere else).

I had the 12g sliders but I guess I was feeling a little weak the day I put them in so the stock variator and sliders got destroyed
put the proper torque on the yuminashi speed booster v.2013 variator it's still kicking. Sounds like I need to get some more sliders coming.

Do you have any other upgrades?
Other upgrades... same vario as you with the sliders and other yumi stuff.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2552
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

That works for you? How long have you used the Yumi vario with the sliders?

As I recall, one member insists his belt was shredded because of that combo. Something to do with the belt rubbing against the back of the case. If the Yuminashi variator(or any other) already pushes the belt as far out as it will go, then I would think it's a very real issue if the sliders pushes the belt out even further, causing the belt to rub the case.