My 2015 impressions (from a 2013 owner) USA

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

My 2015 impressions (from a 2013 owner) USA

Post by ScooterMan »

Ok, so bought a used white 2015 PCX150 today and rode it 6 miles home. I know, not a lot of time in the saddle yet but a few things to note.

-First, no hump. BUUUUUUTTTT, the seat back isn't much further back then the 2013 seat, so you still can't properly straighten your legs. A bit disappointed with that. But overall, the seat is an improvement in aesthetics and in comfort. Where the stock seat tapers and rounds off near the edges, the 2015 carries the width all the way to the edge. The seat hinge doesn't really do much for me. But, I have noted that the seat latches REALLY easy compared to my 2013 which I have to push down on much harder. BTW, one of my helmets is an older Arai with an air vent on the center top, and on the 2013 it contacts the top of the helmet but will still shut while slightly deforming the seat to do so. On the 2015, it closes without contacting the helmet.

-Top speed. As others have mentioned, it's less than the 2013's. Hit the rev limiter at 65mph coming downhill on the way home. Not to be defeated, I swapped the NCY variator and NCY drive face from my (now for sale) 2013 and it's hitting 78.5mph on the stand when it hits the limiter.

-Looks. What can I say, the 2015 is DEFINITELY an improvement in the looks dept. My neighbor and friend who rides likes the new one a lot better. Really cool tailsection, love the integrated signals and really looking forward to seeing the output of the headlight at night. Really digging the body lines...think Stealth Fighter. Some cool jagged shapes like I mentioned on the tail.

-X-factor. Overall, just a cooler scoot. Liking the fact that it has a clock, and a MPG readout. Also, the power outlet in the glove box (which is REALLY DEEP btw is nice to have, although I wish they'd placed it under the seat. But, it will do. It's just that it means I can prob only charge while riding instead of while the bike is parked. One, because it may not be powered unless the bike is on, and two, because the glove box isn't lockable, so not going to leave my cell phone in there.

Also, it's amazing to me how much they changed on this bike! Every body panel is different. The raidiator shroud and airbox are the same however. I was worried that the gearing might be lower than my 2013 according to another forum member, but so far, that's not showing up on the top speed with the NCY variator and NCY drive face. Top speed is the same as on my other 2013. =)

Overall, really happy with my purchase and looking forward to getting out and riding it!

I guess I'd recommend to all my 2013 riding brethren on here, that if you can either A) Find a good deal on a used one like I did or B) Get a smokin' deal on a new one or C) Get someone to pay you way too much for your 2013 or ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! Then go ahead and upgrade!
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: My 2015 impressions (from a 2013 owner) USA

Post by homie »

ScooterMan wrote:I swapped the NCY variator and NCY drive face from my (now for sale) 2013 and it's hitting 78.5mph on the stand when it hits the limiter.
To be clear are you saying your 2015 went from factory 64mph to 78.5 with some simple swapping of a couple parts? If that's the case state them now and link me to where I can get them inside the US. Thank you
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I believe he mentioned the parts in this thread: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3196&start=20
ScooterMan wrote:I have the NCY variator and drive face (total $90) and run the OEM rollers in it for a top speed of 79mph with a new belt.
The exhausts we have on order are good for close to 1 peak HP. Others have stated in the past that an intake won't really help unless you do an exhaust. I plann to order up a pod filter since they're so cheap and try it out when I put the exhaust on. With the added noise of the exhaust, the added intake noise should be of no concern.
I purchased my NCY variator and drive face from http://www.corsport.com
They sell them separately. Variator alone will take you from 68-72mph, Drive Face will add the rest along with a fresh belt.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

^^^Correct Iceman...those are the parts. =) I know there are other variators out there, I just happen to have experience with the NCY...so I use it. Also, I reused the OEM rollers from the 2015 PCX in the NCY variator and drive face which I weighed on my scale and they are 16g rollers. the 2013 150 has 18g rollers. I also have a set of 13G rollers, but have yet to try them yet.

Correction from above though...website is actually http://www.corsportusa.com It will say PCX125 on the parts, but it fits the 2015 150...verified that today!
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Pix from today of my new scoot! Swapped the exhaust off my 2013 onto it!

ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Hey, another thing I've noticed is that the 2015 PCX150 USA model has two throttle cables (pull & return) vs. just the single cable on the 2013. It may affect fitment of a pod filter to som degree. I'll let you all know. Trying to decide currently if I want to add the pod filter on with the exhaust or not.