2015 pcx150 performance thread

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

roadmaus
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: 2015 pcx150 performance thread

Post by roadmaus »

To WORFAB and all 2015 PCX owners. In answer to your request, I have a 2015 and have been studying it's possibilities for quite many hours, and I THINK I have figured it out. I tired of listening to BS-lies- and just speculations of what it takes to make this bike better. I need proof. I HAVE proof from other scooter builds and I know what I am doing. Parts are on their way and I have spent under a hundred bucks and I think I can achieve an additional 8 to 10 MPH easily AND ad a little take-off to boot!!! All this WITHOUT purchasing an aftermarket variator or grinding on the stock one !! I am looking for a simple, easy to do, low dollar build for anyone with a few skills can perform. Wish me luck!!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

roadmaus wrote:To WORFAB and all 2015 PCX owners. In answer to your request, I have a 2015 and have been studying it's possibilities for quite many hours, and I THINK I have figured it out. I tired of listening to BS-lies- and just speculations of what it takes to make this bike better. I need proof. I HAVE proof from other scooter builds and I know what I am doing. Parts are on their way and I have spent under a hundred bucks and I think I can achieve an additional 8 to 10 MPH easily AND ad a little take-off to boot!!! All this WITHOUT purchasing an aftermarket variator or grinding on the stock one !! I am looking for a simple, easy to do, low dollar build for anyone with a few skills can perform. Wish me luck!!
Sounds like you don't need luck, you got it all figured out...:)
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

roadmaus wrote:Parts are on their way
What is your plan?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

And this will be the last we hear from him as his scoot blows up :D .
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

roadmaus wrote:To WORFAB and all 2015 PCX owners. In answer to your request, I have a 2015 and have been studying it's possibilities for quite many hours, and I THINK I have figured it out. I tired of listening to BS-lies- and just speculations of what it takes to make this bike better. I need proof. I HAVE proof from other scooter builds and I know what I am doing. Parts are on their way and I have spent under a hundred bucks and I think I can achieve an additional 8 to 10 MPH easily AND ad a little take-off to boot!!! All this WITHOUT purchasing an aftermarket variator or grinding on the stock one !! I am looking for a simple, easy to do, low dollar build for anyone with a few skills can perform. Wish me luck!!

Congratulation... you are thee 37th member of this forum to purchase a 2015 PCX! You can move to the front of the PARADE if your mod can keep up :D
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

"THINK" :lol:
Can't you get the ncy variator parts for under $100?... that would add 8-10mph and some accel... right?
roadmaus

Post by roadmaus »

WORFAB wrote:So I keep running into dead ends trying to find info on performance mods for the 2015 pcx150 so I figured I would try to make a thread to help organize it all.

Please feel free to post all your findings and knowledge like what other year parts fit the 2015 and what websites have parts for the 2015.

I am feverishly working ona combination that actually WORKS on the PCX for LOW BUCKS and ease of installation. roadmaus
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

RoadMaus, you r the noob. There is nothing you can tell us that we don't already know. =P Unless your idea is an electronic hack to remove the Rev limiter, or pull the motor and change the drive gear, no way you're going to go any faster than stock without touching the variator. Spill the details or stop posting until you have some.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I've got the popcorn ready and feverishly and anxiously waiting for the tips..
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Maybe Ebay had a genuine flux capacitor going cheap - far too many fake ones around.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

roadmaus wrote: I tired of listening to BS-lies- and just speculations of what it takes to make this bike better. I need proof. I HAVE proof from other scooter builds and I know what I am doing. Parts are on their way and I have spent under a hundred bucks and I think I can achieve an additional 8 to 10 MPH easily AND ad a little take-off to boot!!! All this WITHOUT purchasing an aftermarket variator or grinding on the stock one !! I am looking for a simple, easy to do, low dollar build for anyone with a few skills can perform.
Chief wants to know if you mix your own solid rocket fuel? ... wait for it

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Chief?
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

So, the pod filter is off the bike. Stock airbox back on minus the small snorkel and cheese grater. Got out the spade drill bit and drilled 2 5/8" holes on the underside of the airbox just below where the opening (louvers) are at the front of the airbox.

While I had the airbox off and air filter off, did a couple WOT launches in my driveway and the bike is pretty easy to coax into a wheelie! Put the air filter and cover back in and still feels really good. Easier to wheelie than with the pod filter. Maybe I need to get back out there and do another 0-60 run and see what I come up with. But, since Homie hooked up his tach, I want to swap my weights out first to 12g instead of 13g. Just ordered them! Once I do that, I will get in another 0-60 run and film it. Give me a few weeks on that though! This time, bike will be about 15lbs lighter with less fuel and no cargo under the seat with 12g vs 13g. Looked at the dyno chart for a stock PCX150 again and peak power is made at 8200rpm. I think 12g should be the sweet spot.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Dang, scooter wheelies all over the place with a little tug on the bars and good in. Pretty happy, but lets see wats the 12g's do. Got NCY rollers again, not sliders since they were almost doub;e the $$$
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Ok Scooterman, first thanks for all the research/testing. I have been trying to catch up here, but still have a few questions. Does your 2015 PCX still have the stock clutch (or whatever they call the rear assembly), and are you using the stock 2015 belt (it is slightly wider than the 2013 belt)? Also there is a link Ive found theat lists the NCY Variator for $62 that seems to have all the parts.
https://www.scooterdomain.com/ncy-varia ... -1190.html
Is this different from what you have? If this will get my 2015 to cruse at 65-70 MPH, it will cost less than $100. What do you think?
Oh, one more thing, what weight/type of motor oil do you use. when I had one of the local Honda dealers do my 600 mile (758 actually) mile valve check/ oil change they over filled it with Yamalube 10-40w. I am currently getting about 96 mpg, where i was getting 105 to 113 mpg?? Manual calls for Honda Pro lube 10-30w with MB JASO spec. I am thinking it makes a difference but that's a whole different ball of worms.
roadmaus

Post by roadmaus »

[quote="ScooterMan"]RoadMaus, you r the noob. There is nothing you can tell us that we don't already know. =P Unless your idea is an electronic hack to remove the Rev limiter, or pull the motor and change the drive gear, no way you're going to go any faster than stock without touching the variator. Spill the details or stop posting until you have some

I am trying with DR pulley sliders, variator face, but stock variator. Still a work in progress. picked up 7.5 mph so far. What I DID do, that was different, was to replace the 54 tooth gear in the 2015 with a 53 from the 2013 PCX150. And YES, it does work. Right there was an extra 1 MPH and then some. About 13.00 bucks for the gear. NOOB
roadmaus

Post by roadmaus »

Valiant wrote:And this will be the last we hear from him as his scoot blows up :D .

YOu know you cant blow up a rev limited machine!! But I guess SOME people CAN tear up and anvil with a rubber hammer!! Never say never!! NOOB
roadmaus

Post by roadmaus »

sendler2112 wrote:
roadmaus wrote:Parts are on their way
What is your plan?

I did a variator face, DR p sliders 14g and one more thing,. I changed the 54 tooth gear in the tranny to a 53 from a 2013 PCX150. It works. I'm getting 7 more MPH with this total set up. Am trying different things now. will get a performance variator and try that just for kicks. Have built other scooters over the years--big bore- changed trans ratios etc, but wanted to keep this one basically stock and not high strung like some of my other builds. Just havin fun is all.
roadmaus

Post by roadmaus »

ScooterMan wrote:Dang, scooter wheelies all over the place with a little tug on the bars and good in. Pretty happy, but lets see wats the 12g's do. Got NCY rollers again, not sliders since they were almost doub;e the $$$

what results did you get from heavier weights? such as 14-15 and stock 16g? thanks NOOB
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

roadmaus wrote: I changed the 54 tooth gear in the tranny to a 53 from a 2013 PCX150.
o_O :lol: