Maximizing your Dr. Pulley sliders

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Maximizing your Dr. Pulley sliders

Post by DeaninMilwaukee »

That's interesting. Since my variator is new and unworn it sounds like I may not have to mill the face at all. A red line limited top speed of over 70 mph is more than the bike will have power to achieve anyway.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Top speed on the stand is approx 3mph higher than actual rev limited top speed on the road, even on a downhill from all my testing.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Took off my trunk and got 71 mph at 9550 rpm with a tail wind and only 68 mph into the wind coming home. Still getting poor fuel economy at 88.8 mpgUS with all the top speed runs, Winter weather, and heated gear running.
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013

Post by DeaninMilwaukee »

sendler2112 wrote:Took off my trunk and got 71 mph at 9550 rpm with a tail wind and only 68 mph into the wind coming home. Still getting poor fuel economy at 88.8 mpgUS with all the top speed runs, Winter weather, and heated gear running.

I think that settles it, with a new variator and dr pulley sliders the bike is unlikely to tag the rev limiter unless something unusual like big tailwind or hill is helping it along.

If you are getting 88 mpg at top speed, I think that is actually pretty good. My first tank on my brand new pcx only got 75 mpg.

Dean
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Both top speed runs were done ninja tuck style with my chin and my left hand on the steer tube. The tail wind 71 mph would have been a little faster if I had the longer NCY vario as I did tickle the rev limiter once. I'm only doing wide open throttle for 5 minutes out of a 55 minute commute (For testing). I normally use 90% throttle and take what I get in order to not kill my mpg. I was getting 99 mpg before the change to winter gas and 35F weather requiring 100 watts of heated clothing.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

So is there a confirmed list of aftermarket variators that work well with the Dr Pulley Sliders? If the coating is the problem, could I use sandpaper to remove it, or would that alter the way the weights work by changing the surface finish?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Only one person has tried sliders in the NCY vario. They said they were sticking but I think it may still be worth a try. It is often common for them to get installed the wrong way around. But the big advantage would be for reasons of longevity. I wouldn't expect any further gains in top speed gearing or low gear beyond what the NCY is giving. If I were you I would stay with the round rollers and see how long they last.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx

Post by dasshreddar »

Valiant wrote:So is there a confirmed list of aftermarket variators that work well with the Dr Pulley Sliders? If the coating is the problem, could I use sandpaper to remove it, or would that alter the way the weights work by changing the surface finish?
I've been using the Yuminashi speedboost v.2013 variator with Dr. pulley 12g sliders... with no problems, but mikelx5 has claimed he has broken belts with this combo.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Well, if the belt is rubbing the case as he said, isn't the problem that the sliders might be raising the belt up against the case? Sounds like it might be incompatible with enlarged vario/drive face combinations if that's the case, in which case NCY and a lot of varios with larger than stock pulleys might also be counted out.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

The aftermarket varios are tuned to deliver beyond maximum belt travel with round rollers. it is possible the the beyond, beyond belt travel with the sliders could cause a problem.
KrisoUK

Post by KrisoUK »

Hey guys, anyone with an idea where could I possibly order 13g dr.Pulley sliders in the UK? I'm only after increased top speed, don't care about acceleration.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

KrisoUK wrote:Hey guys, anyone with an idea where could I possibly order 13g dr.Pulley sliders in the UK? I'm only after increased top speed, don't care about acceleration.
That's the million dollar question. I got mine off eBay but they came from scooter assassins that are based in Thailand I think. The postage didn't take that long either.

I have a 10gram set that if anyone wants them in the UK I'll post them for the cost of the postage. I thought they were too light so went back to the 13g ones.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

ScooterMan wrote:Top speed on the stand is approx 3mph higher than actual rev limited top speed on the road, even on a downhill from all my testing.
I have to disagree because my PCX 125 on center stand will hit rev limiter at 132 km/h and downhill if not to much wind from front I hit the same. I don't know if it's all the same but for me it's this.
forza300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by forza300 »

Yep, just type in "honda pcx150 dr pulley" to eBay. Bingo.

I see even Web Bike japan (best and I mean best website on the planet for pcx) is using eBay too although check the prices against their website as I think the exchange rate must be ferked on some of them (paying $100-odd more).

Beers!
------------------------
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

bump for recent interest in the Forza forum.