Yoshi exhaust on PCX150 - what other mods required?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Honda4me

Yoshi exhaust on PCX150 - what other mods required?

Post by Honda4me »

Hi all, i'm looking at fitting a Ti Yoshi full system. My only requirements are better sound, less weight but I don't want to sacrifice any top end or bottom end torque as a result.

Has anyone fitted a Yoshi (or other) full system and found any noticable difference in power delivery or top speed? If so, how did you compensate? (eg a performance chip, fuel system, airfilter, gearing?)

Basically I want the show and noise without any lack of "go". Any advice appreciated.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Yoshi exhaust on PCX150 - what other mods required?

Post by mikelx5 »

is yours the 125 or 150 if 150 or 125 esp you dont need to do anything other than bolt and go
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

The stock ecu will compensate for you :) (just reset the ecu / battery disconnect )
I think with any "straight through exhaust" and a pod air filter you will gain more power. not sure if exhaust alone will help much if any.
with just a pod filter I didn't feel any gains, but when I put a straight pipe on also, gains were felt ;)
BUT, it will be LOUD :|
Honda4me

Post by Honda4me »

I don't mind the noise. After owning open piped Ducati's and Buell amongst others I know when to ease off the throttle and when it's ok to set off car alarms ;)

Previously i've found Yoshi to be among the quieter zorsts esp at lower revs and the size/build of them is a lot less extreme than a GP-style pipe with hardly any baffling or wadding installed.

Can't wait to give it a go. Might hold on the pod but defo looking for a free-er flowing replacement filter for the stock airbox.
NSX 3.0

Post by NSX 3.0 »

Where are you getting the exhaust from? Webike has the R 77-S I want but is not in stock until the end of the month.
Honda4me

Post by Honda4me »

I found it on eBay. There are a few on there and I managed to get it relatively cheap compared with some of the online shops. I wanted carbon but they only had Ti so had to decide cost vs style. It's realllllly nicely made. Haven't fitted yet until I get at least the first service out of the way.