Side fenders mounting question

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Side fenders mounting question

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

It's funny. My PCX has a sidestand safety like so many of my bikes have had. My Victory High Ball has neither a side stand (kickstand) safety switch
or a fork lock or a helmet lock.

Safety......safety.....Just ride!
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:
C-Note wrote:
Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:Hello all.
My new PCX 150 is a load of fun to ride. As I'm looking her over I realized that the side fenders along the
rear area have a plastic tab sticking down that seems to need a rivet or bolt or press in fastener
to attach the fender flair piece to this mating tab below that has a rubber component in it.

If someone could look on their PCX for me and determine if the fasteners were left out of mine I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking for an exploded view on the internet and it appears there is a bolt or something missing.
Hi:

I just received an official Honda service manual for the PCX, there are sections on panel removal. I'll take a look tonite and let you know if there's supposed to be a fastener in that location.

Oh btw, I'm in Illinois too!
Hey C-Note. Thanks much. I live outside the Champaign-Urbana area. A small town.

The manual shows the exact spot you are referring to. There's a blown up detail of that area that shown the tab on the body cover with NO fastener thru it, there is however a rubber cone plug thruthe frame directly behind the tab that it rests against. I also went out and looked at my PCX and it's exaclty like the diagram. So, it seems your scoot is correctly assembled.

I can send you a copy of the service manual page if you like, just need an email.

Hey, I'm in Yorkville, IL about 2.5 hrs directly north of you. Welcome!
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Hey C-Note. Thanks much. I live outside the Champaign-Urbana area. A small town.[/quote]

The manual shows the exact spot you are referring to. There's a blown up detail of that area that shown the tab on the body cover with NO fastener thru it, there is however a rubber cone plug thruthe frame directly behind the tab that it rests against. I also went out and looked at my PCX and it's exaclty like the diagram. So, it seems your scoot is correctly assembled.

I can send you a copy of the service manual page if you like, just need an email.

Hey, I'm in Yorkville, IL about 2.5 hrs directly north of you. Welcome![/quote]

Thanks man. I'm found at ken.bikerdude.cooley@gmail.com

I keep thinking something needs to tie this tab to that rubber cone. Seems odd doesn't it to have this tab with a hole in it just flapping in the breeze?
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Here are pics of my non USA pcx and what the tab is screwed into:
Attachments
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG (263.21 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG (223.43 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Such a neater look Taz, good of you to post a pic ;) I'd rather have my indicators tucked away rather than looking like "Dumbo!" Back to being jealous of sleek looking blinkers :( hmmm, I Really could....."Make That Change!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:Hey C-Note. Thanks much. I live outside the Champaign-Urbana area. A small town.

Hey, I'm in Yorkville, IL about 2.5 hrs directly north of you. Welcome![/quote]

Thanks man. I'm found at ken.bikerdude.cooley@gmail.com

I keep thinking something needs to tie this tab to that rubber cone. Seems odd doesn't it to have this tab with a hole in it just flapping in the breeze?[/quote]

Well, apparently the tab is used in other countries for alternate designs based on regulations likely, but they obviously use the same panels. That's pretty common practice in the engineering community to save on additional parts and tooling cost. The rubber plug under the tab appears to keep the tab from vibrating and making noise is my guess.

I'll scan the page for you tonite and email it to you. FYI, if you decide to purchase a service manual, you can get one here http://www.repairmanual.com/online/offi ... l-61kwn00/. Very handy, especially to do periodic service, and way cheaper than a dealer.
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:
C-Note wrote:
Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:Hello all.
My new PCX 150 is a load of fun to ride. As I'm looking her over I realized that the side fenders along the
rear area have a plastic tab sticking down that seems to need a rivet or bolt or press in fastener
to attach the fender flair piece to this mating tab below that has a rubber component in it.

If someone could look on their PCX for me and determine if the fasteners were left out of mine I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking for an exploded view on the internet and it appears there is a bolt or something missing.
Hi:

I just received an official Honda service manual for the PCX, there are sections on panel removal. I'll take a look tonite and let you know if there's supposed to be a fastener in that location.

Oh btw, I'm in Illinois too!
Hey C-Note. Thanks much. I live outside the Champaign-Urbana area. A small town.
Just finished up replacing the entire right side of my PCX yesterday. I can definitely tell, without a doubt, that the tab you were questioning has no relavent use on the USA version of the bike.
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Thank you very much.