servic

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mike clark
Year: 2016
Color: mat black

servic

Post by mike clark »

hiya every one my pcx is due its 1st service as I have had it 1 year and done 516 miles miles Kingsport were I got it from say its £85 for the service can anyone tell me were is cheaper iam in hull eastyorkshire it seems the oil and service parts are more then doing my car help ebay daft prices ?
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: servic

Post by Bash On! »

Nobody likely keeps service prices in his/her head so it's probably best just to look up a few dealers close enough that you would go to if the price were right and ask them what they charge. The price you quoted seems low, actually, compared to what I remember paying here in the US.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

mike clark wrote:hiya every one my pcx is due its 1st service as I have had it 1 year and done 516 miles miles Kingsport were I got it from say its £85 for the service can anyone tell me were is cheaper iam in hull eastyorkshire it seems the oil and service parts are more then doing my car help ebay daft prices ?
What items will this dealer do for that price? Phone them.
If it is just an oil change and screen clean.....and check all the fasteners for tightness?
You could do this yourself for a fraction of their cost.
They certainly are NOT doing a valve lash check for that price.

Some prefer to let the dealer do the first 600 mile service, and pay whatever.....then do all subsequent services DIY keeping careful records and receipts.
In the States this does not void your warranty. Just keep receipts for the specified HONDA brand oil and HONDA parts (washers, filters, gaskets, etc.) and log your date and mileage when service completed.

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Just FYI, a 600 mile service in the United States includes an oil change and valve adjustment, but to do the valve adjustment usually means taking off half of the plastics (Tupperware to the old timers). There is no easy way to do the valve adjustment without taking them off, so labor is going to be very high. Here in the USA the cost ranges from $250 - $300. You can ask Google to do the conversion to £'s, but no matter what, it is never ONLY £85. If you can get it done for that, he works really cheap or he doesn't know anything about a PCX.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers