Does anyone know a good mechanic in London?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

luccasvr
Year: 2016
Color: Matte Gray

Does anyone know a good mechanic in London?

Post by luccasvr »

Hi, my PCX was stolen a few days ago in London. Police recovered it but it's badly damaged. I'm looking for an honest and good mechanic in London to restore it? I can't spend a lot of money and I don't want to activate the insurance - my excess is GBP 850!!!. Appreciate any help.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (200.42 KiB) Viewed 388 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Does anyone know a good mechanic in London?

Post by homie »

AH MAN! some people are just losers. WHY? I feel your pain brother. Is it just the upper front missing? Are your headlamps intact? Has the ignition been jimmied?
luccasvr

Post by luccasvr »

Headlamps look alright. It doesn't turn on but the ignition seems good to me, I'm able to turn the key, lock and unlock the steering, but the eletricals just don't work, something is not plugged and I can't figure what.

I hope it's just the front cover and nothing else, I manage to find the windscreen and it's intact, so that's about £100 that I won't need to spend.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I had a motorcycle stolen on me once. . .not fun. Makes you suspicious of any and all strange faces in the neighborhood. :(
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Look up Dave wilkens in penge jasmine rd. s.e.20.if you go there,i think its no. 59,but its down the side so you cannot see it from the road.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

luccasvr wrote:Headlamps look alright. It doesn't turn on but the ignition seems good to me, I'm able to turn the key, lock and unlock the steering, but the eletricals just don't work, something is not plugged and I can't figure what.

I hope it's just the front cover and nothing else, I manage to find the windscreen and it's intact, so that's about £100 that I won't need to spend.
How bizarre, so its not been in a crash. Ok looks like this thief knew what he was doing maybe. He turned out the two screws under the windscreen and removed the screen, the grill and meter panel so he could get to the ignition? Hot wired and went for a ride? If that's the case get your SM out and reconnect the connections to the ignition buy a upper front fairing panel and put this back as it was.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Do you recognize this location of the ignition 2p connector from the images? Does it look like it's been tampered with? One might be able to jump the starter from there if they had experience. If its been unplugged and jumped, clear out any jumper wires the thief might have dangling and replace the connector (hopefully nothing is cut) Then turn the key and hit the starter switch.
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (36.73 KiB) Viewed 473 times
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (159.22 KiB) Viewed 473 times
luccasvr

Post by luccasvr »

Hey homie, thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

I got a mechanic from down the road to come and have a look. He was more knowledgeable than me and was able to have the bike up and running after checking the cables.

I'm waiting now on the front fairing panels parts - might be lucky and able to use the old windscreen if I can unbend the right side. The thieves also damaged both side panels, but I will leave that for now. They are £80 each and the store is asking me £150 service to replace (I will try do it my self if I can find cheaper online).