New PCX Owner in Dorset, England

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

New PCX Owner in Dorset, England

Post by tomtic »

Hi Everyone.
Have just purchased my PCX after trading in a Kawasaki 500. I've had other bigger bikes before and the Honda SH300i scooter, but the price of fuel today means I 've had to limit myself to a very fuel-economic scooter. I've had a Yamaha Vity 125 scooter (similar engine to the Vino 125) before, and I reckon you can have more fun on a scooter than a bigger bike.
I've only done just over a hundred miles on the PCX so far ....... and with snow falling outside I'm not likely to increase that today! I have been very impressed with the PCX, and hope it does everything I ask of it. Looking forward to enjoying a few longer days on the scooter once the initial 600 mile service has been done.
Will keep you posted how it goes, in the meantime thanks for providing pleanty of info on this forum for us new PCX owners!
Cheers for now,
Tom
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: New PCX Owner in Dorset, England

Post by you you »

tomtic wrote:Hi Everyone.
Have just purchased my PCX after trading in a Kawasaki 500. I've had other bigger bikes before and the Honda SH300i scooter, but the price of fuel today means I 've had to limit myself to a very fuel-economic scooter. I've had a Yamaha Vity 125 scooter (similar engine to the Vino 125) before, and I reckon you can have more fun on a scooter than a bigger bike.
I've only done just over a hundred miles on the PCX so far ....... and with snow falling outside I'm not likely to increase that today! I have been very impressed with the PCX, and hope it does everything I ask of it. Looking forward to enjoying a few longer days on the scooter once the initial 600 mile service has been done.
Will keep you posted how it goes, in the meantime thanks for providing pleanty of info on this forum for us new PCX owners!
Cheers for now,
Tom
Not an H1 I hope..
JLP
Color: None more black

Post by JLP »

Welcome.

The gas mileage cracks me up. I'm only at 70 miles on mine, but I is pretty funny how that little tank just barely moves.
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by tomtic »

A H1? Cor blimey, I'm not that old!
No, it was one of the last ER5's to be made. Nice enough bike (and much better than it's street cred) but the PCX can do most things much better ..... except the motorway of course.
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Hello and welcome to this forum. I 'downgraded' from a Honda deauville NT700 (Which I still have parked in the garage) It is cheaper for me to run the PCX to/from work than either my car or the Deau. To date I seem to average around the 112mpg mark.
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Beware the fuel gauge on the PCX. At 70-75 miles my gauge will have lost just 2 bars but from there onwards it seems to go down quickly. I usually go to a flashing last bar at around 125-130 miles which is just 55-60 miles on those last 6 bars. I haven't been brave enough to see how much further I can go but given that at 125 miles I've only used a gallon I should realistically have just under 2 litres left, which means I should be able to squeeze another 40 or so miles out of that tank. I think the flashing begins far too early but rather that than too late.

Bill
Image[/URL
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tomtic wrote:A H1? Cor blimey, I'm not that old!
No, it was one of the last ER5's to be made. Nice enough bike (and much better than it's street cred) but the PCX can do most things much better ..... except the motorway of course.
I am :|
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

Welcome, I too went from a gixer 600 to a pcx, main reason was comfort and cost. The fuel gauge is a funny one, mine stays full till about 40-50 miles then it will reduce quicker each time till you are on the last bar area approx 120 miles. Even then there's will another litre in there but u don't dare risk it lol
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've done over 20 miles after the last bar started flashing and have often done 10-15 miles after it starts flashing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

when you think your about to run out of juice then you manage to fill up, note the litres it takes to full tank, it will prob say another litre is inside but your mind wont risk that! lol
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums! :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes