My other steeds

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

My other steeds

Post by V4 TRV »

The CrossTourer was a replacement for a S1000RR which unfortunately my back could no longer cope with. The V4 engine boogies :lol:

Love my GS - we've been together since Oct 03 and Ive had 44,000 trouble free miles together :P
Attachments
PA190016%20(800x600).jpg
PA190016%20(800x600).jpg (345.75 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
photo (43).JPG
photo (43).JPG (640.89 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Re: My other steeds

Post by V4 TRV »

The CT after a few mods
Attachments
photo (35).jpg
photo (35).jpg (431.95 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Love my driving lights :D
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (335.35 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Beautiful GS. I wanted to get a GS instead of my Silverwing, but my wife said no. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

maddiedog wrote:Beautiful GS. I wanted to get a GS instead of my Silverwing, but my wife said no. :lol:
Many thanks!

Keep asking her - its worth it :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Those old oil heads are nice. I've got one too
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Engine configuration aside, aren't these bikes pretty similar? (You even seem to be kitting out the CrossTourer with GS-style luggage) I wouldn't want to take a CT too far off-road but then that's the same with the GS (far too top-heavy for serious rough stuff). Fine tourers both but I'm not sure why you haven't bought a completely different style of machine....a Supermotard for blatting about for example. I'm not criticising honest, both are fine bikes but I'd like to know the rationale behind your choice.

Bill
Image[/URL
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Theboybilly wrote:Engine configuration aside, aren't these bikes pretty similar? (You even seem to be kitting out the CrossTourer with GS-style luggage) I wouldn't want to take a CT too far off-road but then that's the same with the GS (far too top-heavy for serious rough stuff). Fine tourers both but I'm not sure why you haven't bought a completely different style of machine....a Supermotard for blatting about for example. I'm not criticising honest, both are fine bikes but I'd like to know the rationale behind your choice.

Bill
Good Q

Its maybe not as obvious as you think as I bought the CT as a replacement for my S1000 which i was finding increasingly uncomfortable to ride and after a frustrating TT this year felt it was really a lot of money tied up for not a lot of fun so the CT replaced that as it can offer MAJOR Sunday afternoon thrills when im out with my brother on his ZX10. On any B road the V4 can sit with anything whereas the GS engine is emphatically outclassed. I sold the GS as part of the deal to free up some garage space really. On reflection after considering that Id bought it when living in Italy 9 years ago and having toured throughout Europe on it and then re-registering it when i lived in Germany for 3 years and then doing the same again when i came home i realised that id become quite attached to it in a nostalgiac sort of way

So the GS wont be used on any long tours etc but for bimbling on sunny days - when i heard the dealer wanted to unload it at cost as part of their winter clearout then it had to come back home.

In relation to the CT the GS belongs in the last century. Changing gear on the CT is ala PLaystation with thumb shifters with the DCT gearbox. On the GS its ala Massey F. The CT brakes better,accelerates harder and handles better. However the GS has a certain panache which os simply the way all the idiocyncracies work together to make it a fun ride if at a less frenetic pace of course.

Hope this helps.

Trev
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Thanks Trev. 'Bimble', that's a good word and it sums up my riding style perfectly. I can see that you would be attached to the GS after all that time. I used to pop along to various GSClubUK events (Princetown etc) and have come to admire these bikes. However they were never for me. I always found myself chuckling at the rigamerole of the simple task of getting on one of these machines by riders of less than 6' 4". But they are nice bikes with that lovely Boxer engine. I don't know much about the CT but it looks a nice bike too.
Glad to hear you've been reunited with your GS.

Bill
Image[/URL