Am i the biggest wimp on the site

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mad trapper
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Am i the biggest wimp on the site

Post by mad trapper »

C-Note wrote:
qed wrote:Bike is all waxed and tucked up in the garage ready for next year
Ditto that... Sat. I cleaned the screen and changed the oil, filled the gas tank, and dumped in some stablizer. Ran it on the stand for about 10 minutes, then parked it in the garage and covered it up for the winter.

Here in the Chicago area this time of year, there's no riding a bike in the winter. You could head to work in the morning and it could be 75 F outside and by the time you leave to go home it could be snowing. Then in the dead of winter zero - 20 F is common place.
Plus the snow plows will run you over. Winter is why I have a CRV, with heat.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

mad trapper wrote:
C-Note wrote:
qed wrote:Bike is all waxed and tucked up in the garage ready for next year
Ditto that... Sat. I cleaned the screen and changed the oil, filled the gas tank, and dumped in some stablizer. Ran it on the stand for about 10 minutes, then parked it in the garage and covered it up for the winter.

Here in the Chicago area this time of year, there's no riding a bike in the winter. You could head to work in the morning and it could be 75 F outside and by the time you leave to go home it could be snowing. Then in the dead of winter zero - 20 F is common place.
Plus the snow plows will run you over. Winter is why I have a CRV, with heat.
We should start a wimps SIG :)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I was born in UK but choose to live somewhere where it doesnt snow, so I can ride all year round. Does that make me a wimp? Though I did ride in UK all year round. Came off a few times on black ice on rural Sussex roads!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

No it doesn't.
It just means you've just swapped one set of hazards for a different set.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Yeh, I guess the rest of the world doesnt get big dumb wallabies and roos jumping onto the road. Its OK in the 4wd as I have a big roo bar on the front to take them out without damaging the radiator.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Australia has some crazy shit, like the tiny jellyfish that you can't even see that can kill you. And so many poisonous snakes and spiders... And the country's so spread out, in the countryside you actually have to look after yourself (unlike here in the US, where its nearly impossible to die of exposure or starvation).
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote:unlike here in the US, where its nearly impossible to die of exposure or starvation
Despite this, some plonker managed it and in true Hollywood style, there's a film about it.
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/
"Death Valley" doesn't sound like a friendly habitat either...?
I think the USA might have the widest range of environments of any country.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mad trapper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mad trapper »

Out West, up North, not even including Alaska, theres lots of places you can disappear and no one will ever find you.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

mad trapper wrote:Out West, up North, not even including Alaska, theres lots of places you can disappear and no one will ever find you.

It happens all around the world, you call it extraordinary rendition.
jasperthehorse

Post by jasperthehorse »

Ride as late as possible for me. Just hate rush hour traffic in a car. Not to mention how cheap it is to use scoot.
Teaches you to be a better rider if you ride in cold, wet nasty conditions i think?
All about nice smooth inputs in crap conditions.
I know it sure makes me appreciate my Triumph Daytona all the more when the suns out and the roads are dry.
Draw the line at snow though. That would be plain daft.