Helmet reflective tape

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Helmet reflective tape

Post by philvb »

While my helmet is white, I wanted to put some reflective tape on it so I was more visible to drivers. Instead of just slapping some tape on it, I found a reflective decal kit from Applied Grapchics (http://www.reflectivedecals.com/). The decals came on two sheets with a page of instructions. The design was left up to you. I think it turned out pretty well.
Image Image
Image Image
JLP
Color: None more black

Re: Helmet reflective tape

Post by JLP »

I do the same thing. I ride a bicycle a ton at night, and I'm slathered in reflective gear. Did the same thing to the scoot.

Yeah, I'm a dweeb, but I'm a visible dweeb.
JLP

Helmet reflective tape

Post by JLP »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352591626.104376.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352591626.104376.jpg (90.83 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Yeah, it is dark and grey here all the time.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great job Phil, nice pattern and looking very "hi-viz" ;) How do you like the Gmax?
I have some reflective tape to apply too but haven't gotten around to it (tut-tut). So, I've been sporting this for the past year http://www.compacc.com/p/HALO-reflective-Helmet-Band
It works quite well & it's affordable too.
Attachments
Helmet Halo Reflecting - It Works! 2.jpg
Helmet Halo Reflecting - It Works! 2.jpg (39.14 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

that looks an excellent job indeed :)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Thanks! As far as reflective tape/accessories on the scooter itself, how far have you all gone?

I like the GMAX helmet so far. Well, other than the visor fogs up like crazy. I've put some anti-fogging stuff on it, so far it's working fairly well. Oh, and WhiteNoise, it's a small world, I was born in Queens, NYC, and lived on Long Island, town of Huntington/Greenlawn for the first 11 years of my life. Then we moved out west.
JLP

Post by JLP »

I have quite a bit of silver reflective tape on the bike. It is only on silver bits except for the exhaust heat shield. I honestly don't even notice it until I light it up. I'll go grab some pictures. Joe
Attachments
IMG_1983.jpg
IMG_1983.jpg (57.48 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
IMG_1982.jpg
IMG_1982.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
IMG_1981.jpg
IMG_1981.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
IMG_1980.jpg
IMG_1980.jpg (75.39 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

JLP wrote:I have quite a bit of silver reflective tape on the bike. It is only on silver bits except for the exhaust heat shield. I honestly don't even notice it until I light it up. I'll go grab some pictures. Joe
Nice! Where did you get your scooter skirt, mittens and bags?
JLP

Post by JLP »

I got the mitts and apron from Urban Rider in the UK. Shipping was expensive, but it showed up in two days or so. The Ortlieb panniers are from Aerostich.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

philvb wrote:Thanks! As far as reflective tape/accessories on the scooter itself, how far have you all gone?

I like the GMAX helmet so far. Well, other than the visor fogs up like crazy. I've put some anti-fogging stuff on it, so far it's working fairly well. Oh, and WhiteNoise, it's a small world, I was born in Queens, NYC, and lived on Long Island, town of Huntington/Greenlawn for the first 11 years of my life. Then we moved out west.
Ah, Queens I haven't been there in sometime. Greenlawn is where I took my driving test (mucho years ago :oops:) at a police station....off Jericho Tpke (I believe?). I'm very familar with all of Huntington, very nice area and a fun quaint town! Me? I'm a long time resident of L.I., then went to FL for 15 yrs. and now back on the Island again. Boy, prices are up here! On everything! :|
I read and heard good things about the Gmax helmets. Maybe a bit heavy but for the price? Why not? Fogging was my problem today but only when stopped, on the move with vents open, all was good. I love my Shoei Qwest. Good sale going on right here/now http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/cl ... pes/shoei/
Good to be seen...reflective stuff rocks! Ride-r safe ;)
Attachments
IMG_2784.JPG
IMG_2784.JPG (26.33 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

philvb wrote:While my helmet is white, I wanted to put some reflective tape on it so I was more visible to drivers. Instead of just slapping some tape on it, I found a reflective decal kit from Applied Grapchics (http://www.reflectivedecals.com/). The decals came on two sheets with a page of instructions. The design was left up to you. I think it turned out pretty well.
Image Image
Image Image

nice job...very neat (expert)
safety awareness....thumbs up
(i'll put some on my helmet too)
thanks for sharing.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

ehdlhou wrote:nice job...very neat (expert)
safety awareness....thumbs up
(i'll put some on my helmet too)
thanks for sharing.
Thanks!
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Ordered from the same guys, delivery to the UK takes two weeks. Will tape chequers like the ones I have on my helmet to the scooter, in white reflective should make a nice contrast with the black paint.
Attachments
Helmet under light.PNG
Helmet under light.PNG (475.65 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
Helmet without flash reflection.PNG
Helmet without flash reflection.PNG (539.62 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey djcat, I almost bought the same kit! It's sitting on Amazon in my wish list. I think that's where Santa gets all his ideas from! lol:
I have another link to share, this one: http://www.streetglo.net Choices, choices
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

djcat wrote:Ordered from the same guys, delivery to the UK takes two weeks. Will tape chequers like the ones I have on my helmet to the scooter, in white reflective should make a nice contrast with the black paint.
Love the look! Would be great to see pics of the helmet and scooter together when you are done.