[newbie - Ishida] New PCX fan from Brazil

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ishida

[newbie - Ishida] New PCX fan from Brazil

Post by Ishida »

Hi folks,

I'm currently a Honda Lead/Elite 110 owner from Sao Paulo/Brazil.

This weekend Brazilian Honda announced they are manufacturing the Honda PCX150 in Brazil and will start selling it in April'13.

Doesn't took long till I started searching for Infos about the PCX150 al over internet and falling in love with it..

I'm an admin from a Brazilian Forum of Honda Lead/Elite 110 (http://www.leadclube.com) with almost 2000 members and started thinking about creating another place to discuss about the PCX...

What we know about it by now is that we will probably have the European PCX, without the American turning lights and some other minor adjustments (as happens with the Lead/Elite 110), and that the 2013 colors will be metalic red and white.

Our MRSP for the Honda Lead/Elite 110 is of R$ 5.690,00 (~US$ 2.800,00) so I really hope the PCX comes around the same American price tag... Because we always pay double for everything as 60% are federal taxes.. Like the Honda NC700x which is being sold from R$28k (~US$ 14.000)

In the meanwhile I'll keep you updated about the Brazilian news and will read all your excellent content to learn as much as I can about this Scooter that have already taken my heart. So by now I'm not a PCX owner yet, but will be one as long as its available in my country.

Hope I can make tons of friends here.

Best regards,

Edson Ishida
Honda Lead/Elite 110 owner
http://www.leadclube.com admin
JCI Sao Paulo local president
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: [newbie - Ishida] New PCX fan from Brazil

Post by Taz »

Hi Edson
Welcome from Australia and hope you can get a PCX soon.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Bem vindo ao nosso forum e um abraco de um brasileiro que jah eh dono de uma Honda PCX para outro que vai ser :D

Venho de motos grandes mas essas eram muita mao de obra para mim, especialmente com a namorada na garupa e tendo que usar equipamento completo de seguranca (botas e tudo) por causa do seguro aqui na Inglaterra. Estou impressionado com o comforto que essa motoca pequena oferece e tambem com a convenciencia, uma vez que eh muito facil de manobrar. Agora que meu carro precisa duma caixa de cambio nova, a PCX eh a minha unica forma de transporte por duas semanas e fomos ateh mesmo viajar em auto estradas, voltamos ontem de Londres a passamos caminhoes e certamente nao eramos nenhum impedimento ao trafego de vehiculos. Duas pessoas (ca. 160 KG) de carga e fizemos o trajeto com uma media de consumo de 86 milhas imperiais por galao (cerca de 3.3 L por 100km) sempre andando a velocidade maxima, normalmente o consumo eh de 100 milhas imperiais por galao (2.8 L a cada 100km).

Confesso que as vezes sinto falta de uma suspensao mais dura, de protecao contra o vento e dum guidao aquecido como eu tive na minha BMW e de um pouco mais de potencia, mas a qualidade do material, a economia e o conforto mais que compensam.

Voces terao start - stop automatico tambem? Como que o motor brasileiro vai ser modificado para andar com a gasolina local?

Abracos!
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

Sorry for my post in Portuguese guys, I just had to reply to my countryman in local lingo (and you certainly all thought I was only German :) )
Ishida

Post by Ishida »

Hi guys, thanks for the answers... That was a great surprise to find here an answer in Portuguese .... I thought I was the first Brazilian to be interested in a PCX..

DJCat, I don't know how they are managing the fuel issues, since we have an addition of 25% of ethanol on our gasoline but I think we need different spark plugs and fuel filters at least and yes, our PCX will have the idling start/stop system...

I'm sure the PCX will be a great success here in Brazil because it's the best option for our chaotic traffic jam. I don't have a bigger motorcycle yet but I'm planning to buy one. All my friends have bigger toys too.... We have Honda Lead/Elite owners with BMWs 800gs, HD Dyna Switchback, Midnight Stars, Honda Shadows and all sort of big motorcycles, and I'm sure they are all going to move to PCXs...
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome, Edson!

Your theory on PCX owners owning a PCX and a bigger bike is valid, many members here have 2 or more bikes (myself included). :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

Ishida wrote:Hi folks,

I'm currently a Honda Lead/Elite 110 owner from Sao Paulo/Brazil.

This weekend Brazilian Honda announced they are manufacturing the Honda PCX150 in Brazil and will start selling it in April'13.

Doesn't took long till I started searching for Infos about the PCX150 al over internet and falling in love with it..

I'm an admin from a Brazilian Forum of Honda Lead/Elite 110 (http://www.leadclube.com) with almost 2000 members and started thinking about creating another place to discuss about the PCX...

What we know about it by now is that we will probably have the European PCX, without the American turning lights and some other minor adjustments (as happens with the Lead/Elite 110), and that the 2013 colors will be metalic red and white.

Our MRSP for the Honda Lead/Elite 110 is of R$ 5.690,00 (~US$ 2.800,00) so I really hope the PCX comes around the same American price tag... Because we always pay double for everything as 60% are federal taxes.. Like the Honda NC700x which is being sold from R$28k (~US$ 14.000)

In the meanwhile I'll keep you updated about the Brazilian news and will read all your excellent content to learn as much as I can about this Scooter that have already taken my heart. So by now I'm not a PCX owner yet, but will be one as long as its available in my country.

Hope I can make tons of friends here.

Best regards,

Edson Ishida
Honda Lead/Elite 110 owner
http://www.leadclube.com admin
JCI Sao Paulo local president

hi edson, welcome.
try to get the PCX 150, just came late here in Australia... a month after I bought my PCX 125.
&/or just go for a test drive the other bike just for fun.
happy & safe riding.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

Hi Edson,

I did actually change my big bike for the PCX. I had a wonderful BMW F800S and enjoyed doing all sorts of cross - European trips, commuting into the city and participated in the National Road Rallye 2009; however the beemer was too cumbersome for practicality and it is great to just jump on the little scooter and go wherever. Right now that the little PCX is my only form of transport until insurance and car manufacturer fight it out who will pick up the bill for my car's transmission, I even did day long trips into London and back from Guildford and Wokingham! It keeps up with traffic without a problem even two up and can do nearly everything you will ask it for. Plus it does it on a tea cup of fuel.

One trip I did this Sunday: http://speedlogger.scelta.com/mappa.php ... &l=en&um=1
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Edson, nice to have Brazil on board....& another smart shopper! The PCX...it's a hoot ain't it? Cheers :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

djcat wrote:Hi Edson,

I did actually change my big bike for the PCX. I had a wonderful BMW F800S and enjoyed doing all sorts of cross - European trips, commuting into the city and participated in the National Road Rallye 2009; however the beemer was too cumbersome for practicality and it is great to just jump on the little scooter and go wherever. Right now that the little PCX is my only form of transport until insurance and car manufacturer fight it out who will pick up the bill for my car's transmission, I even did day long trips into London and back from Guildford and Wokingham! It keeps up with traffic without a problem even two up and can do nearly everything you will ask it for. Plus it does it on a tea cup of fuel.

One trip I did this Sunday: http://speedlogger.scelta.com/mappa.php ... &l=en&um=1

What do you think of speed logger? Are you using apple or android?
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

qed wrote:

What do you think of speed logger? Are you using apple or android?
Its a little rudimentary but does all the basics. Really uses up battery and at times it logs when I am walking from the garage to my front door, so I have to delete those "trips" manually. However it is nice to track e.g. different commutes or weekend rides just to compare how long it would take on each (e.g. motorway vs. country lanes). I use it on a Samsung Galaxy S3. Overall, its ok and I am not sure if I would want any more information on it...maybe a little more refinement such as what I use for my bicycle rides (mapmyride).
Ishida

Post by Ishida »

maddiedog wrote:Welcome, Edson!

Your theory on PCX owners owning a PCX and a bigger bike is valid, many members here have 2 or more bikes (myself included). :)
Thanks Maddie...
ehdlhou wrote: hi edson, welcome.
try to get the PCX 150, just came late here in Australia... a month after I bought my PCX 125.
&/or just go for a test drive the other bike just for fun.
happy & safe riding.
Hi ehdlhou, unfortunately the PCX 150 was oficially launched last weekend here in Brazil, but will start selling only on April'13. So right now I'm just researching Infos about it cause I'm already an owner of a small Honda Scooter (Honda Lead/Elite 110) and felt in love with the PCX the moment I heard about it, so surely I'll buy one when it's available here, but it will take some more months..

Our Scoot market is still beginning here and we have only a few models available so I'm sure Honda PCX 150 will be a great success and will help the market grow a lot...

So until next year, I'll be learning a lot with you all more than I can help...

Nice to hear that djcat, I have some friends who owns the 800gs (which is one of my dreams for the near future) but by now I'm just planning to upgrade my daily scooter (from the Honda Lead/Elite 110 to the PCX150) and then I'll look for a bigger bike..

I've never heard about this Speed Logger, looks like a great app... Thanks for the tip too..
WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome Edson, nice to have Brazil on board....& another smart shopper! The PCX...it's a hoot ain't it? Cheers :P
Thanks WhiteNoise, Im almost importing one just for me... LOL... I've started searching for Infos a couple of days ago and became completely passionated about it... Each line of info I read about it seems making April more distant from today... :lol: