Hello all! New PCX owner with couple of questions! :)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Hello all! New PCX owner with couple of questions! :)

Post by gse123 »

Thanks for all the comments guys! I now have a clear picture of what I am going to do:

1. Front wheel: Disc Lock with Alarm
2. Rear wheel: chain, or another regular disc lock
3. Good all weather cover
4. Good insurance! :)
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

gse123 wrote:Thanks for all the comments guys! I now have a clear picture of what I am going to do:

2. Rear wheel: chain, or another regular disc lock

you cant get a rear disc lock as the rear are drums. :lol:
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Cracksta wrote:
gse123 wrote:Thanks for all the comments guys! I now have a clear picture of what I am going to do:

2. Rear wheel: chain, or another regular disc lock, which will be secured by a blob of chewing gum

you cant get a rear disc lock as the rear are drums. :lol:
:D Can you tell i'm a noob? Chain it is then!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You can get screw in ground anchors which are better than no ground anchor ;)
I used four of these to secure a 12 foot square wooden field shelter to the deck and they held it in place in winds of up to 70mph.
Linky
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

A cheap anchor can be made up without any drilling required.Get yourself a large container like an old chip fat bucket etc.Get 2 or 3 bags of postcrete and a ground anchor or loop or thick metal.Mix up the postcrete in the tub and insert whatever you have decided to use as the anchor point.
Hey presto you now have a very heavy object to attach your scooter too.Its not impossible to overcome it but now it means it takes more than two to lift it away as another is needed to carry the anchor weight.
charleslabounty

Post by charleslabounty »

Sit up a couple nights a week and shoot any shitheads trying to rob you!!!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

charleslabounty wrote:Sit up a couple nights a week and shoot any shitheads trying to rob you!!!!!
Seems only reasonable
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Well, my PCX was delivered safely today in all it's candy red glory! It is actually seems larger than I remember from when I last sat one one (a couple of months ago) and the side gate / path area I had designated to keep it proved a little tight... but just managed to squeeze it past! Although I have to push it to the back patio area of the house and do a 3 point manoeuvre :lol: just to get it facing the right way to take it out next time! Well... it's either that hassle, or having it parked on the front drive visible to everyone, which I don't like the sound of.

Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Congrats on the new bike! She’s beautiful.

Looks like you could drive an anchor into the ground in the gravel to fasten down your chain. When you vacate the apartment, you can abandon the anchor, and sweep the gravel back over it if it is low enough. Or the landlord may not object to a more conspicuous anchor if it is a feature he could offer to the next tenant.
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Thanks! I think it is just soil / mud under the gravel so an anchor would probably not be effective there. The only other thing I have to anchor it to is that white drain pipe in the background, but it would only take about 10 seconds to get through that.
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

.... although having said that the thinner strip of gravel running along the brick work seems to be rough concrete underneath... that could be an option!
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

I was thinking driving a 2' long iron hook into the ground with a sledge hammer.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

What about a wall mounted loop

Or even a small anchor point through one of the flagstones?

You only have to stop the drag of or ride off cretins really. The professional steal to order lot probly have other more attractive bikes in mind
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P Hooray! So exciting! Congrats on getting your scoot! Will you be giving it a name?
Now I see you have a dilemma keeping her securely anchored. I just read about this item for sale on another forum: http://www.cycleshell.com and thought I'd pass the idea along. gse123, will you be storing your scoot on the pathway? Are you permitted to store it around back? This shell is equipped with loops for tie downs, or chain, it also has side stand and center stand platforms and will keep it inside and dry. Take a look and let us know what ya think. Just another idea, I hope something will work out for you!
Say....did you set another date for instruction yet? Shame about the first round, and having lousy headphones didn't help matters for you. Now I must add my 2 cents on using your New scoot for round 2....please Don't! Please use what "they" provide. I will leave it at that. I'm pulling for ya! :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

WhiteNoise wrote::P Hooray! So exciting! Congrats on getting your scoot! Will you be giving it a name?
Now I see you have a dilemma keeping her securely anchored. I just read about this item for sale on another forum: http://www.cycleshell.com and thought I'd pass the idea along. gse123, will you be storing your scoot on the pathway? Are you permitted to store it around back? This shell is equipped with loops for tie downs, or chain, it also has side stand and center stand platforms and will keep it inside and dry. Take a look and let us know what ya think. Just another idea, I hope something will work out for you!
Say....did you set another date for instruction yet? Shame about the first round, and having lousy headphones didn't help matters for you. Now I must add my 2 cents on using your New scoot for round 2....please Don't! Please use what "they" provide. I will leave it at that. I'm pulling for ya! :)
No name yet....!

I was looking at one of those cycle shells the other day funnily enough... however after all the cash i've just spent on jackets / trousers / boots / helmet etc etc there in no way I could afford to spend over $300 + shipping to the UK on something like that at the moment (as cool as it is... looks far better quality than other similar versions i've seen around on the internet). I think at this point I will have to settle for a fairly no frills floor anchor of some sort, which coupled with my disc lock and Oxford Stormex cover should hopefully keep it protected from any opportune thieves... and the weather! (It also helps that it is also completely out of view from anyone walking by the house)

I have my second CBT session booked for this Saturday, so fingers crossed! Although weather report isn't great (looking like rain at the moment) it won't put me off that's for certain. And I agree about the choice of vehicle - I decided that even if I could get my PCX there, I would rather do the training on their provided equipment, then I can have fun venturing out my my new toy! :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Good luck with her cbt
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

gse123 wrote:Well, my PCX was delivered safely today in all it's candy red glory! It is actually seems larger than I remember from when I last sat one one (a couple of months ago) and the side gate / path area I had designated to keep it proved a little tight... but just managed to squeeze it past! Although I have to push it to the back patio area of the house and do a 3 point manoeuvre :lol: just to get it facing the right way to take it out next time! Well... it's either that hassle, or having it parked on the front drive visible to everyone, which I don't like the sound of.

gse123, looks hot and fast.
very nice. have fun. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh, oh, oh...I thought the dealer threw in all that wearing gear. When I read that you got the gear With your scoot my mouth dropped! I thought that was major cool of Them! Now I understand, you payed out the dough. Ok, I get it. The shell is kinda expensive but the guy selling one on Modern Vespa forum is priced nice for a 1 year used one. He's in the U.S. though. :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh, oh, oh...I thought the dealer threw in all that wearing gear. When I read that you got the gear With your scoot my mouth dropped! I thought that was major cool of Them! Now I understand, you payed out the dough. Ok, I get it. The shell is kinda expensive but the guy selling one on Modern Vespa forum is priced nice for a 1 year used one. He's in the U.S. though. :|
It wasn't free, but in fairness they gave me a really good deal... some of the items were out of stock, so they gave me some higher priced stuff for the lowest price. Everything I got from them was perfect - apart from the trousers which were way too long... but in fairless to them, they asked me my waist size, which I told them.... I didn't realise these particular trousers came with one standard leg length.