First ride on my PCX....

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Re: First ride on my PCX....

Post by Urbanian »

maddiedog wrote: something even more ludicrous... It's called a "Diverging Diamond Interchange."
Hey, we've got one of those! It caused general panic when they announced it was going in, but it works quite well; I think due to all the landscape/hardscape installed with it. You can't really see where to go except where you're supposed to go, so you don't freak.

As others have said, Congrats on your successful pass!

Joyrides are critically important when you are a new rider. Go out there and ride, Ride, RIDE! Most scooter/motorcycle crashes (I heard it was upward of 80%) occur with riders who have less than 6 mos experience on the bike they crashed. Joyrides allow you to focus on the bike and your technique rather than on the destination.

Ride monogamously. Don’t borrow or lend bikes. It’s unhealthy; injuries occur.

Happy trails!
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

gse123 wrote: I woke up this morning with a really sore & painful lower neck / shoulder
Yeah, we know. And a sore face from that perpetual grin. :lol:
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Urbanian wrote:
gse123 wrote: I woke up this morning with a really sore & painful lower neck / shoulder
Yeah, we know. And a sore face from that perpetual grin. :lol:
Something like that! :D My initial nervousness towards riding on the road is fading each time I get on the bike.

After not going out yesterday, I was determined to go for a ride today and although I only went a couple of miles as it had been raining pretty heavy this morning and I wanted to take it easy on my first time out in the wet. Apart from my throttle control not being as smooth as i'd like when coming in an out of corners it was fine! Will definitely go further tomorrow - rain or no rain! :)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

gse123 wrote:Was looking forward to another ride today - a test run to a new job location where I will be starting in a couple of weeks however I woke up this morning with a really sore & painful lower neck / shoulder so decided to leave it for today... as I can hardly turn my head to do a shoulder check etc.

I think it is due to a combination of sleeping in a funny position last night, and possibly being a bit tense on my previous rides (I realised that I am gripping the throttle really tightly all the time)
If you havent got one, get a contoured memory foam pillow. I tore my shoulder tendon 6 mths back from sailing and was painful riding. Physio just made it hurt more but the pillow fixed it. Get a quality soft one, not a cheap fleebay one.
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Ordered one yesterday Taz! Hopefully it will help
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

congratz gse123....enJOY the ride.
keep safe.

how about try this one (which I did):
drive slowly, maybe less than 10 the speed limit, open your visor on your helmet, & your jacket halfway through.....then....FEEL your bike (PCX), feel the wind and HEAR the sound.
(ngek sounds lame)...the truth is "I fell in love more with my PCX" & named her "DONAH".