New PCX owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New PCX owner

Post by gn2 »

PCX-rider wrote:Nice pictures of your scooter! I have (may be) a silly question; Why do you have to put this L-sign on your scooter?
It's a UK legal requirement for people who only have a provisional driving licence.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX-rider wrote:Nice pictures of your scooter! I have (may be) a silly question; Why do you have to put this L-sign on your scooter?

L for Love
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:roll: what a character you are qed :lol: love as in....."Love my PCX" :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
oyessum
Year: 2021
Color: white

Post by oyessum »

gse123 wrote:glad to see so many other short riders out there! (I'm 5'4) I think I will go for the D322ST now - especially after a couple of you guys around my height has vouched for them working well!

I also decided to buy the D322ST. I was able to get free shipping, maybe because I ordered saddlebags too. Will post pics when it arrives!
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Nice one ;)

I've just ordered the rest of my kit for the PCX.
TomTom, Zena Disc Lock, Grip Lock, Givi Tunnel Bag, Givi E370 Tech topcase, Yoshimura Exhaust.
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

Trawlerman wrote:Here are some images of my new PCX125.

After the bad weather here in the UK, it finally cleared on Friday and I managed a quick outing to the coast. These images are from Hornsea about 15 miles away from here.

As you can see I have already fitted a larger screen which make an incredible difference to the ride. Apart from the looks it reduces rider fatigue and throws the airstream up over my head instead of on my chest.

I also transferred my RiderScan blind spot mirror to this bike from my Vespa. This is a relatively cheap but very effective way of keeping an eye on what's going on around you.

I'll be sorting the front L plate out too as looks a bit cock-eyed to me.

nice photos....well done
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

How does that blindspot mirror work at night, with car headlights behind you?
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Taz wrote:How does that blindspot mirror work at night, with car headlights behind you?
No problems at all. If there is a vehicle behind me it doesn't appear in the mirror as my body obscures it. You only really see stuff in the blindspot and anything further away is too small to worry about because of the wide angled view it gives. Even the sun glaring at me from behind doesn't worry me. It's a really good piece of kit.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Ok I bought one off eBay. Be useful for rides in company to make sure of the bikes behind as I usually like being in the front of the pack: )
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Looks like the riderscan mirror is made in Ayrshire as just got a note from them. Look forward to trying it out but dont think it will be ready for our mthly scooter ride on Sunday.