Second service

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RedBaron

Second service

Post by RedBaron »

So thought I’d update on running costs.

Had my second service yesterday just under 4000 miles and it cost £130.

No issues apart from my brakes just under 4000 miles and 50% gone on front and 50% on rear too o_O

Now I admit I do like a tight bite on my brakes hence why I’ve gone through rear so quick. Yes I do use rear more than I should do but roads are so bad (broken surfaces, pot holes and gravel) I do that as do not want to wash out with too much front. Also as a lot of my riding is filtering and low speed stop start I find having a tighter rear helps. Having these combined brakes too I just do not like.

Going to book it in for June for a new set of front and rear. That will then see me through to next spring when I’ll p/x for a motorbike, most likely the new CB125R.

I do like the simplicity and reliability of the PCX but the small and narrow front wheel does not give much confidence and on the pot holed and bumpy roads we now have in London/Home Counties it now makes for a very uncomfortable ride.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Second service

Post by fish »

If you're tall enough, a seat rebuild with added foam will really, really smooth out your ride.
I quit hunting "better" shocks after rebuilding the seat on my Kymco.
Same roads, same scoot...happier rider.
Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Lot's of road and infrastructure issues on this side of the pond as well and the politicians are always crying "poor mouth". I'll leave it there. . .. o_O

For 2019 Honda may bring the CB300R to the U.S.. Much like the CB125R already sold in Europe. They took care of the crank issues on the early 300's (2015-2016 I think) so it sounds like it will be a nice machine with a good price point. 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The new CB300R is hideously butt ugly.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong