givi screen wind buffeting on helmet

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Re: givi screen wind buffeting on helmet

Post by Cascanciu »

Taz wrote:Did you try taping or blocking the air gap at bottomof the windscreen to see what affect that had on your buffeting and noise?
I did, Taz, and the answer is affirmative, to both noise and buffeting. I didn't tape it, but put the microfiber cloth I use to dry my seat when it rains there, properly folded to fit in the gap. The result has been surprising.

I am now trying to figure out how I'm gonna cover the gap permanently. 3M polyurethane foam seems like a good option, but I'm afraid it would be too light to stay in place without flying away as soon as you reach certain speed.

Any ideas?.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Well you can see the pic with my white gaffa tape on the previous page. It works and I dont worry about looks. You need to punch a small hole to let rain water drain out. I didnt want to have anything like foam stuffed down that could fly up at speed as even thinking that could happen is a distraction! But Im glad you got a result. I have taken my tape off now its summer as I mainly ride with a 3/4 open face helmet and extra buffeting doesnt worry me.

Other advantage with the gap taped is you get extra storage area and I can fling my gloves in there knowing they wont fall thru the gap ;)
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Maybe it's shutting the stable door after the horses have bolted but, have you considered a spoiler?

It's basically a small extension that can be raised or lowered to suit and the angle adjusted for desired airflow. A simple addition that could mean a world of difference.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-cr ... e-clamp-on
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

you could buy a whole new taller windscreen for the price of that spoiler...