Big brother for my PCX

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Big brother for my PCX

Post by Cube »

Found a pair of low mile 2007 Silver Wings for sale and bought both of them. This one's mine, the GF rode hers to work today.
Attachments
My Wing
My Wing
image.jpeg (165.74 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Big brother for my PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Beautiful bike. Makes me drool.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Really good shape! The tires and lack of wear on the foot boards tell the story. You are going to grin with that on the longer rides. :D

There's one for sale, a 2006, with almost 11K miles on it for $3999 at a local Honda dealer but they don't show a current picture of it. That makes me wonder what kind of condition it's in. . .although even with that mileage if it was well kept it would be worth a look.

That being said there's a 2015 Forza with 60 miles on it for the same price at another local dealer and they do show pictures and it does look good. A customer would have to check to see if the recalls were taken care though. If they were it wouldn't be a bad deal. . .an almost new Forza for 2K under MSRP. 8)
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion

Post by Cube »

The tires are the original IRCs from 2007, so I have 2 sets of Pirelli Diablos coming. Did an oil change today, hers looked good, mine was a bit black. Added Seafoam to the gas when we filled up on the way back from Castle Rock tonight. Beautiful ride, other then I discovered my headlights are aimed low for some reason. All in all, I think we got a great deal for the pair and mine looks a lot better now that I deleted the PO supplied skull and reaper Auto Zone stickers.

PCX150Rider - There's a 2014 Forza at one of the dealers here that I think they told me still has warranty. https://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/d/201 ... 74919.html
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Moving forward it will be interesting to see what Honda comes up with for a larger scooter in the future. A new generation Forza? or Silver Wing? . . . time will tell. 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

I love the Silverwing. We had a Suzuki Burgman 650 for Him indoors to take me pillion on when my hand was f***ed and I was pregnant. I did ride it (well you HAVE to if it's there don't you?) but it was a bit lardy for me.

The Silverwing fits snugly into the big-enough-but-not-excessive category for me. I have chased a few used ones but never pulled the trigger yet. I want to try out the new Forza 300 ... but I still might end up chasing a used Silverwing. :)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Forza in action.. FYI nice riding bike …. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvV-j2ZMUDvrrh5COuYjrjV9zOYN
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (152.67 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Have you not seen the new Forza?

https://hondanews.eu/eu/lv/motorcycles/ ... -forza-300
Nope. . .the last time a new Forza touched these shores was 2016. :roll:

Thanks for the link. If my calculations are correct the new 2018 Forza sold in Europe (and maybe other places?) is about 40 lbs. lighter than the old one. I like the idea of that adjustable windscreen. I also like the idea of the chassis being tweaked to make it more manageable. Looks good overall . . .. Odds are if/when it does come here I'd bet there would only be two color choices instead of four.

Of course the only way to test out the ergonomics is to sit on one. Fingers crossed the seat and foot board position is built for a wider range of people. . .. :lol:

Just kidding of course. . .but I'm thinking in the long run that having my PCX and a larger scoot would be a better fit for retirement. I just don't use my KLR and Suzuki as much as I used to anymore. I've got an electrical problem on the KLR I need to clear up ASAP as well. Would consider selling/trading them both when the time is right. Just not ready yet. That said, I don't want to lose that ability to do some miles on a major highway either or travel some distance. . .just in case I get a hankering for it. . .or need to take a passenger. 8)

A lower seat height, weight, and "twist and go" works for me at this stage. I see that new Forza does offer the accessory top box. :D

Time for another coffee. . .. ;)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Unbeknownst to me I guess Honda is thinking about bringing the Forza back to the U.S.

Look and thou shalt receive I guess. :o o_O :D

As luck would have it, this recent article states it may be as a 2018 or 2019. . .too soon to tell.

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-honda ... ter-nss300

Well posted article with plenty of pics. . .definitely worth a look. :geek:

Now I'll get that coffee! 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Thanks for the link. If my calculations are correct the new 2018 Forza sold in Europe (and maybe other places?) is about 40 lbs. lighter than the old one.
OOoooppppsssss. . .it's 26.45 lbs. lighter than the previous one. My mistake. :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Speaking of bigger bikes, I have question. A friend of ours introduced us to a guy close to my age who told us he had a Harley and a motorcycle endorsement. He was visiting from Florida so he didn't have his bike with him.

We invited him to take a spin around our subdivision on one of our scooters. The ride turned out to be a joke in that he had a time getting the scooter up to 10 mph, which is the fastest rode it during his whole ride. When I told him to turn around at the end of our street, it took Him 10 minutes to walk it around...i say walk but really he put his foot on the ground and moved the bike slowly, not using the speed of the bike.

When we got back at my house he blamed his riding problem on his Harley, saying that the scooter is so different than his Harley that he was having a problem riding the scooter.

Anyone else have a problem riding a scooter after riding a big bike??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion

Post by Cube »

Some, and I can totally see how a Harley rider might have more issues trying to change to a scoot. Fortunately, the cure is more twist-n-go! I'm over 1200 miles on the PCX and S'Wing and I'm really not sure I will want to transition back.
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion

Post by Cube »

Oh.. before I forget, Pirelli Diablos are really nice tires for Silver Wings. We did our short mountain ride today on the 'wings and it was an entirely different road. I almost forgot I wasn't on a sport/sport-standard bike!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Speaking of bigger bikes, I have question. A friend of ours introduced us to a guy close to my age who told us he had a Harley and a motorcycle endorsement. He was visiting from Florida so he didn't have his bike with him.

We invited him to take a spin around our subdivision on one of our scooters. The ride turned out to be a joke in that he had a time getting the scooter up to 10 mph, which is the fastest rode it during his whole ride. When I told him to turn around at the end of our street, it took Him 10 minutes to walk it around...i say walk but really he put his foot on the ground and moved the bike slowly, not using the speed of the bike.

When we got back at my house he blamed his riding problem on his Harley, saying that the scooter is so different than his Harley that he was having a problem riding the scooter.

Anyone else have a problem riding a scooter after riding a big bike??

I think the clue might be in the word "told" :lol:
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Mel46 wrote: Anyone else have a problem riding a scooter after riding a big bike??
Nope, neither does Him indoors, and he is from an older generation. :lol:

Neither do any of our friends, some of whom are considerably older, and who ride a variety of machinery but manly Harleys and big Metric cruisers.

Nobody has a problem riding one of my twist'n'go scooters. Some do have issues with ( how can I put it diplomatically? ) erm fitting on the scooters in the first place, but never when they get on, get moving, stop or turn.

:D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

We have other neighbors who ride either Harleys or a Goldwing, and they have jumped on the opportunity to take our scooters around the subdivision, which is really a big circle. Some of them rode the scooter like it was a race bike, but all of them had zero problems jumping on and going. When this "friend" said that it was the hardest bike he had ever ridden I kind of lost it and told him that I have ridden just about every type of bike out, and this was by far the easiest.

I thought that maybe I was biased. After all, I haven't found it hard to ride scooters at all. In fact, to me it is like going from a car to a go-cart. They are simple to operate, and they are....FUN!!

We have decided not to let that guy ride our scooters again. I love our scooters, and I don't want to have to spend the summer fixing one because of THAT GUY.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

We have decided not to let that guy ride our scooters again. I love our scooters, and I don't want to have to spend the summer fixing one because of THAT GUY.
Please forgive me but IMHO anyone who can't ride a scoot should not even consider getting on a Harley. . .or any motorcycle for that matter. . . unless they are genuine in their efforts to learn how to ride and not use the "fake" story to make themselves look cool. 8) o_O :o :roll: :lol:

I think that guy was giving you some B.S.. Which brings us to a worthwhile B.S. topic. . .something that is real, truthful, useful, and God given to us all. How can you hate that? :lol: ;) :D

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Forza in action.. FYI nice riding bike …
Just curious, what's the load carrying capacity on your Forza? Does it handle a passenger well? :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cow dung bricks? Uh yeah...No!
Really? Not!
All yours :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You