New Member in Arizona

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New Member in Arizona

Post by philvb »

ms_sparky wrote:Hey, Phil! Do you know which one you're getting? I don't know brands except Givi but I do know I don't one that's too tall, and I think I want a smoke colored one.
I'm actually looking at the one that Taz has, the ermax +25 with the trim. Again, it will be a bit before I actually purchase it, but that's the one I want.
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

philvb wrote:
ms_sparky wrote:Hey, Phil! Do you know which one you're getting? I don't know brands except Givi but I do know I don't one that's too tall, and I think I want a smoke colored one.
I'm actually looking at the one that Taz has, the ermax +25 with the trim. Again, it will be a bit before I actually purchase it, but that's the one I want.
I like that one too!

I posted this on another website also, and was told that this is a Magical Racing part with a Honda sticker on the front.
For those interested ~~~> http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/pcx125.html
It's slightly higher than the stock screen.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

ms_sparky wrote:I like that one too! I posted this on another website also, and was told that this is a Magical Racing part with a Honda sticker on the front.
For those interested ~~~> http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/pcx125.html
It's slightly higher than the stock screen.
I love the look of those mods, but they are a bit pricey, ouch!
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

ms_sparky wrote:Hi all! I just bought my black PCX150 two weeks ago. I rode a Honda 50cc in high school, (which I'll just say was too long ago to admit on this forum). I need to get a bigger windscreen so I'll be doing some research and I appreciate any suggestions and advice.
I'm really excited about riding again.
welcome ms_sparky.
happy & safe riding.
(photo pls)
JetFalcon

Post by JetFalcon »

Nice how much did you pay for it out the door? I'm trying to figure out what the fair price is and if you're happy what you paid.

Also, will it be able to handle those fast suburban roads or interstate? I live in OC in Southern CA so that will be my riding area. May consider doing trips to LA at most because driving a car there sucks when traffic starts piling up. So can you ride for 1-2 hours on the freeway comfortably? Or is it for shorter doing errand kind of rides?

I'm considering the PCX 150 since it is freeway legal, but people say it's not a freeway riding bike. The other would be the Honda Reflex which I will have to buy used since they're discontinued.
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

JetFalcon wrote:Nice how much did you pay for it out the door? I'm trying to figure out what the fair price is and if you're happy what you paid.

Also, will it be able to handle those fast suburban roads or interstate? I live in OC in Southern CA so that will be my riding area. May consider doing trips to LA at most because driving a car there sucks when traffic starts piling up. So can you ride for 1-2 hours on the freeway comfortably? Or is it for shorter doing errand kind of rides?

I'm considering the PCX 150 since it is freeway legal, but people say it's not a freeway riding bike. The other would be the Honda Reflex which I will have to buy used since they're discontinued.
I paid $3300 out the door (after tax, license, prep, clear-coat finish, flux capacitor, and various other added charges I don't understand) after going back a forth a couple times. Never pay the sticker price. I got the $5,000 "first price" too from the dealer, but it's just like buying a car...there's wiggle room for negotiations.

I'm very comfortable on the mean streets of the Phoenix metro area. I could take it on the interstate, but chose not to because most of the places I go have nice city streets. It could also get a little dicey here as drivers on the freeways can be crazy and rarely go the speed limit. I'm looking forward to some future scooter rides with a scooter club I joined. They ride all over Arizona.

I really love my PCX150! Let us know what you decide! :)
AzRocketPCX
Year: 2011 PCX
Color: White

Post by AzRocketPCX »

That was my scoot you saw at the Great Southwest Scooter Fiesta in Gilbert two weekends ago. Glad to hear you're liking the PCX. I rode up from Tucson that morning, and back after the afternoon ride to Sahuaro Lake. A 300 mile day! The sun setting over the ranches in Coolidge was beautiful.
You can find the carbonfibre bits (windscreen, frt fender, etc) at Webike.com.jp. They're from Magical Racing and come in plain black, plain carbon fibre or twill. They weren't cheap but not all that expensive considering the quality. The MR windscreen will foul the handlebars if you've moved them forward from the stock position. I did try the Kitaco windscreen before settling on this one. The Kitaco has a slightly more raised center section than the stock screen, but still didn't get the airstream up and over me enough.
Check out our club's website "Skyislandriders.com" or our Facebook group for upcoming Tucson scooter events. The Phoenix scooter clubs make it down for some of our rides. You could hook-up with them if you don't want to ride solo. Our route was "no interstates" from Tucson to Picacho/Coolidge/Chandler to Gilbert. About 100 miles one way.
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

AzRocketPCX wrote:That was my scoot you saw at the Great Southwest Scooter Fiesta in Gilbert two weekends ago. Glad to hear you're liking the PCX. I rode up from Tucson that morning, and back after the afternoon ride to Sahuaro Lake. A 300 mile day! The sun setting over the ranches in Coolidge was beautiful.
You can find the carbonfibre bits (windscreen, frt fender, etc) at Webike.com.jp. They're from Magical Racing and come in plain black, plain carbon fibre or twill. They weren't cheap but not all that expensive considering the quality. The MR windscreen will foul the handlebars if you've moved them forward from the stock position. I did try the Kitaco windscreen before settling on this one. The Kitaco has a slightly more raised center section than the stock screen, but still didn't get the airstream up and over me enough.
Check out our club's website "Skyislandriders.com" or our Facebook group for upcoming Tucson scooter events. The Phoenix scooter clubs make it down for some of our rides. You could hook-up with them if you don't want to ride solo. Our route was "no interstates" from Tucson to Picacho/Coolidge/Chandler to Gilbert. About 100 miles one way.
That sounds like fun! I sent email to Glenn a couple times, but didn't hear back. I'll check out your website!