New saddlebags

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

philvb
Regular User
Regular User

New saddlebags

Post by philvb »

My new saddlebags came in the mail today. Installation was relatively easy, but I did have to jury rig the front straps a bit. Only issue is that is really does make getting to the under seat storage a pain in the arse. I'm thinking that this setup will be more useful for my extended hiking trips, rather than everyday commuting. They were only $58 plus shipping from amazon, and are really good quality.

Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New saddlebags

Post by gse123 »

Can the straps go under the seat itself instead of over the top?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Im sure most other folk put the straps under the seat so they can still lift it up and the seat is still comfy for the pillion!
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

Hi,
would you please be so kind and provide a link to the Amazon Order Form for these bags? I am pretty sure I would like to get a set, too.

Thanks a lot, mate!
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

gse123 wrote:Can the straps go under the seat itself instead of over the top?
Taz wrote:Im sure most other folk put the straps under the seat so they can still lift it up and the seat is still comfy for the pillion!
Lol, give me some credit guys, don't you think I would have already tried that? ;) The main connecting straps are far too thick to get the seat latched. The only way to get it to latch, in my opinion, would be to alter (read trim/cut) the main straps. I'm just not prepared to do that at this time.
FritzPinguin wrote:would you please be so kind and provide a link to the Amazon Order Form for these bags? I am pretty sure I would like to get a set, too.
Sure thing, here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RN ... 00_s00_i00
Here is the link for the tail bag that goes with them (but you buy separately): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RN ... PDKIKX0DER
oyessum
Year: 2021
Color: white

Post by oyessum »

Hi Phil, I actually ordered the same set of saddle bags and they arrived last night! Except, I did manage to get the straps to work going under the seat. Then I put both buckle straps under the tail and it's really solid. Takes a little more effort to get the seat closed, but that's okay. It took a little effort even before the bags came along.

As for picking my bags, I took a more circuitous route than you, though. I ordered the Givi Saddlebags (T493) a couple of weeks ago, and they also had straps that go under the seat. (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGfp3AG9sw) But the shape of the bags themselves were so odd, the zipper was a bit of a pain, and the hard-velcro part was going to scratch the paint up something bad, so I returned them. These bags off Amazon are half the price, so it was worth the return shipping and restock fee of the Givi bags, IMHO. I do think these are of very good quality and have a lot of perks over the Givi bags. After seeing and using them -- albeit for only a day -- I think Givi took shortcuts.

I'll try to post a pic of mine tonight, but you *can* get the straps under the seat.

-o
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

oyessum wrote:I'll try to post a pic of mine tonight, but you *can* get the straps under the seat.
Please do post, I would like to see where you have the straps going across. Maybe it's just a matter of placement, and then I could get the seat latched.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

After moving the straps a bit forward, was able to get the seat to latch. The tail bag also arrived today, which completes the set. Still have some maneuvering to do to take up some slack between the side bags, but over all, looks good.
Image Image
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I'm glad you got the straps under the seat, it just looked so wrong when they went over. :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I found this site after much searching. I hope it is useful. :D
It is for built on side bags.

http://maticholic-eshop.ginwiz.com/lnk0 ... &Itemid=12
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I found this site after much searching. I hope it is useful. :D

They look great. Makes you wonder why Honda didn't offer something similar
JLP
Color: None more black

Post by JLP »

I did the same thing with the Ortliebs. I suspect I will scratch the heck out of the plastic, and I need to push pretty darned hard to close the seat, but it really helps with the functionality.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I have the contact details for the manufacturer of those side boxes if anyone wants it. I decided not to pursue as he told me the lid is too small to fit a laptop thru and the price plus postage is very high. I just squeeze my laptop under the seat and use my open rack for non valuable items.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Taz wrote:I have the contact details for the manufacturer of those side boxes if anyone wants it. I decided not to pursue as he told me the lid is too small to fit a laptop thru and the price plus postage is very high. I just squeeze my laptop under the seat and use my open rack for non valuable items.
What's the cost on a pair of those?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The link says RP4m which is around US$415 plus postage which will not be insignificant due their size and fragility needing good packing. PM me if you want their email address as its a westerner living in indonesia.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Thanks for sharing the link. I want those so much, but the cost is crazy. Last time I asked for shipping from another vendor in Thailand for the same bags, they said it would be another $400 for shipping. :cry:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
innesshyla
Year: 2010
Color: black

Post by innesshyla »

I like your post you have shared this information with us. This will be very helpful to others. With this you can carry things from one place to another place easily.
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

I used Eclipse Bags - http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... and#p64429

I put some clear vinyl tape where the straps rest for protection.