Today

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Today

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ Mel, I'm backing up to your "safety pin" for a moment, and wondering if any of these s.s. pins fit to replace your night strobe switch pin?
Types of stainless cotter pins:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... assortment
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:@ Mel, I'm backing up to your "safety pin" for a moment, and wondering if any of these s.s. pins fit to replace your night strobe switch pin?
Types of stainless cotter pins:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... assortment

An R-clip might look best?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

;) My choice too. No sharp points and easier to remove.
"R" clip = Hairpin cotter pin
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I don't know if they will fit but you gave me an idea. I can look through the stock of goodies that ACE Hardware has and see if they have either of those types.That way I can see their size and maybe even purchase a few. Thank you for the suggestions.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

My today yesterday:
Driving with the pcx fully battle dressed (it is compulsory here to have every part of your body covered when driving with anything larger then 50cc - which is a good thing - safety first!) in 38°C (that is ~100°F). I got home weighing probably around 0.5kg less with sweaty gloves, head, pants and jacket only to get stung by a bee when I wanted to relax in my garden while having a cold beer. What's wrong with karma these days o_O .
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, you didn't offer the bee some of your beer. Karma can be a bee-ach. :lol: :roll:

Speaking of 50cc bikes, scooters, etc. In our state you do not have to have a license, insurance, or much of anything else except some kind of helmet to ride them on our streets. That has spelled disaster for some around here because you don't even have to know the rules of the road to get on the road with them. I wish they would outlaw them on public roads.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

The thing with bees, hornets, and wasps is that you have to let them know who's boss! o_O

That said it was a good excuse to pour another one. . .. ;) :lol:

I hate it when you're riding and one hits you and drops into your lap. . .I've been stung in the leg a couple of times. . .sneaky critters. :o
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh Ganglylamb, I don't mean to :lol: :lol: BUT, That's So Funny!! and You wrote that perfectly!
Lalala riding in Armor.
Lalala out of Armor.
Buzzbuzzbuzz and.....
Rest is history :o :lol:

Go Figure! I think nature knows more than we give it credit for. By any chance, have you swatted a bee lately?
It's said that "There's no such thing as coincidence"
Love thy Bees ... "Honey!"

Mel, funny reply! That could very well "Bee!" :lol:

PCX150Rider, Yup! It's what I'd do! Ring pull up - "PoP!"
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's that time! Yearly Scooter Inspection due by months end.
It's Stinkin' Humid here, big storms are brewing. Off I go
What happens next?

Inspector will mosey around bike then ask: Twinkle her lights, wink her blinks, pull the levers and toot her horn. What's the mileage? Kicking my tires he'll ask for my registration and license.
He then places a 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch sticker on lower left fork (2018-2019). That'll be Six Dollars ($6.00)
Wow! That was cheap, that was easy. Am I SAFE to go? :roll:

Dismissed.
I leave.

Hate NY sticker's!! Florida better at that - no inspection, no sticker, no mess!

That's that for today.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

In Georgia there is NO inspection for motorcycles or scooters. As for cars, their only inspection is the FEDERAL emission requirements, and older cars do not even need that. Heck, the other day, on the freeway, I saw a car with 4 baby spare tires instead of real tires. Cars don't even need lights or a whole Windshield. Welcome to the South.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Bought a near new 2013 pcx, now teaching my daughter to ride. Fun times.
Attachments
Port Alberni country roads.
Port Alberni country roads.
20180710_182849_HDR-1900x1425-1280x960.jpg (394.22 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Two in the best colour combo.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

WhiteNoise wrote: By any chance, have you swatted a bee lately?
Nope, lots of flies though, I think they have an alliance...
MikeP wrote: Bought a near new 2013 pcx, now teaching my daughter to ride. Fun times.
Nice picture and I imagine that must be awesome - stay safe out there!

And not really off-topic, but today I took the exhaust off because there was some corrosion starting to show (especially at the exhaust untill the main pipe). I guess that's what you get when driving all year round including salty winter roads. Anyhow, sanded it slightly so the corrosion was gone, put some degreaser on it and give it a good cleansing. Then sprayed some heat resistant mat black coating on it (which according to the spray can should help against rust - we'll wait and see). It looks brand new again - hooray!
Hopefully this will last longer than one winterseason - somehow the stock coating does not seem to be that good.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

No inspections at all in Florida.Waste of time.They did numerous studies prior to its termination and discovered that neither air quality nor did equipment related accidents change.In fact air quality improved somewhat.Just another way for government to make money.Law enforcement takes care equipment violations.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

What is equipment violation? If there is no inspection then what is required by law? We sort of have the same problem here.

Police do not have time to look for equipment violations. Heck, they don't even have time to chase down drivers they see using their cellphones while driving, so why make any of that a law?

Mike, beautiful bikes! You do know that there are much more comfortable seats on the market, don't you? I think most of us with the 2013 model replaced seats with custom ones from Thailand long ago.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:What is equipment violation? If there is no inspection then what is required by law? We sort of have the same problem here.

Police do not have time to look for equipment violations. Heck, they don't even have time to chase down drivers they see using their cellphones while driving, so why make any of that a law?

Mike, beautiful bikes! You do know that there are much more comfortable seats on the market, don't you? I think most of us with the 2013 model replaced seats with custom ones from Thailand long ago.

Using a cellphone when driving is clearly silly. A tablet would be more convenient.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

The cops check out your car for bald tires or anything equipment related at time of traffic stop.Check with your state and question how many accidents were actually caused by equipment malfunctions.You will find next to none.Besides the bad guys can borrow some good tires and then take them off after inspection.Its a fallacy,inspections are only as good as the moment in which you are inspected.Cops need to be tuned into checking vehicles for safety etc.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

In Georgia that statement would get you laughed at. Bald tires are common on cars owned by the poor and the ignorant. The degree of baldness seen on tires is even discussed by those who try to make sure their own cars do NOT have bad tires. The term "maypop" is used, as in "Those tires may pop any minute."

When they do pop you will see the car driving on the freeway with a baby spare for the next 6 months... or possibly a couple of baby spares.

Welcome to Georgia, where almost No one ever checks their brake lights again after purchasing a car. I have seen quite a few cars with only one of seven brake lights working.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Mel said:

Hi Mel, I ride with an Airhawk cushion. Wore out the cover so the black wrinkly thing on my seat is it. Too cheap to buy another cover. My daughter finds the seat comfortable. Kids are weird.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Mel46 wrote:In Georgia that statement would get you laughed at. Bald tires are common on cars owned by the poor and the ignorant. The degree of baldness seen on tires is even discussed by those who try to make sure their own cars do NOT have bad tires. The term "maypop" is used, as in "Those tires may pop any minute."

When they do pop you will see the car driving on the freeway with a baby spare for the next 6 months... or possibly a couple of baby spares.

Welcome to Georgia, where almost No one ever checks their brake lights again after purchasing a car. I have seen quite a few cars with only one of seven brake lights working.
...and you are in state where there are vehicle inspections.Yearly inspections are useless and just another way of getting revenue for the state.Its up to law enforcement to pull these violators over and enforce vehicle safety.