Sight tube for CBS

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ozzy7007

Sight tube for CBS

Post by ozzy7007 »

In the PCX manual it states you should check via the CBS window for cbs fluid levels, when I look at mine it looks empty, if it where empty, how in the world would I be able to add fluid...?????? This window is just to the right of the ignition switch...any help would be appreciated. Ozzy
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Sight tube for CBS

Post by you you »

ozzy7007 wrote:In the PCX manual it states you should check via the CBS window for cbs fluid levels, when I look at mine it looks empty, if it where empty, how in the world would I be able to add fluid...?????? This window is just to the right of the ignition switch...any help would be appreciated. Ozzy
chill...
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Ignore qed, he's rarely helpful. :P

Since this is the first time someone has asked about CBS levels on the forum, I'm going to explain your question a bit better before I answer it.

The right brake lever controls just the front brake, but the left brake lever is the CBS, or combined brake system, that controls both front and back. For the front brake, the master cylinder where brake fluid is stored is attached to the lever. If you can look through the window and see a bubble, it's full. For the rear, the master cylinder is located inside the fairings, to the right of where the ignition key is, through the tiny little window. Through the window, you should be able to see the top line of the fluid. It's also possible the fluid is so full you can't see the full mark.

Honda's default fluid is a bit amber in color. If your container looks amber, it's probably full. If it looks more bluish, it's empty. If there is no fluid, something is wrong with your brakes -- there's a leak somewhere. You should never have to top off your brake fluid.

Ozzy, to top off, you have to remove the inner panel cover. There's no easy access to it.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Also, qed, why did you reply to all his posts with "chill..."?

Just seems odd. We try to be friendly to people here, and that doesn't come off as such. ;)

Welcome to the forums, Ozzy. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

In the meantime even if the combi-brake reservoir is totally empty you will still have a fully functioning front and rear brake, so no need to worry, you can just... chill...? :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Adding a few pics to Dave's helpful explanation above ;)
amber fluid it is!
Attachments
forum 1.jpg
forum 1.jpg (21.88 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
forum 2.jpg
forum 2.jpg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

qED is either

A) been drinking
B) on drugs
C) gn2 has finally got inside his mind and flipped him out
D) all the above ;)
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

ozzy7007 wrote:In the PCX manual it states you should check via the CBS window for cbs fluid levels, when I look at mine it looks empty, if it where empty, how in the world would I be able to add fluid...?????? This window is just to the right of the ignition switch...any help would be appreciated. Ozzy
Call your Honda dealer and ask the same question! It is the safest way to do it! :)
ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

Thank you Maddiedog and others, my window is bluish, no amber color at all, came from the dealer like that, and on the other reply, I think I will take it to the dealer and see what they Have to say..Thanks for all the help ! Ozzy
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Taz wrote:qED is either

A) been drinking
B) on drugs
C) gn2 has finally got inside his mind and flipped him out
D) all the above ;)

All 5

:D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: all 5 (you're too much!) :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

WTF....Steve Hillage covering The Beatles, thought he was way too psychedelic for such noodlings.
badaveil

Post by badaveil »

maddiedog

Whilst I still have not acquire the PCX, I must say it has been enjoyable reading your replies. It is very clear and helpful. Keep it up! ;)
Linux Ubuntu convert
Ishida

Post by Ishida »

badaveil wrote:maddiedog

Whilst I still have not acquire the PCX, I must say it has been enjoyable reading your replies. It is very clear and helpful. Keep it up! ;)
must make mine your words... Thanks Maddie...