Versions

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ishida

Versions

Post by Ishida »

Does anyone know what are the different versions of PCX 125 or 150 that are sold around the world ?

I was told that Honda will start selling the PCX 150 here in Brazil next April for about US$ 4.000,00 and that in the end of the year they are bringing a more sofisticated version of the PCX 150... I thought there was only one version of PCX 150 with different colours..
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Versions

Post by Taz »

There is the USA version of the 150 without the idlestop and with stalk indicators, and then there is the rest of the world version that looks much better with faired indicators and has the great idle stop system. I think all 150's have the new ESP motor whereas the 125 only had ESP in the later version.
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

Just wondering why the USA version does not have the idle stopsystem? In my opnion the idle stop saves fuel and environment!
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

It all comes from one place and once place only and thats THAILAND. Weird why the rest of the World has the same options as here but the US is completely different.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

PCX-rider wrote:Just wondering why the USA version does not have the idle stopsystem? In my opnion the idle stop saves fuel and environment!
The fuel saved is negligible, the reason why the US doesn't have it is to be found here.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

US law requires all bikes have a kill switch. You must demonstrate your “skill” using the kill switch to get your license. The location of the kill switch on a US PCX corresponds with the location of the idle stop switch on all other PCXs. It seems Honda took the easy road, and didn’t bother to find a place for an additional switch so we can have the idle stop too.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It is definitely within the capabilities of Honda to provide both a kill switch and an idle stop switch.
The problem is that your NHTSA haven't liked Honda stop/start systems for quite some time.
This is the real reason you don't get idle stop:
http://www.accidentreconstruction.com/n ... ewsId=1317
AFAIK it remains unresolved.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ishida

Post by Ishida »

Black Bandit wrote:It all comes from one place and once place only and thats THAILAND. Weird why the rest of the World has the same options as here but the US is completely different.
Hey Black Bandit, Honda is starting to produce the PCX 150 here in Brazil too...

Can you tell me if there´s any difference for the "Prestige" PCX? or is it only a patch without any other major changes?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

"Prestige" was just a different colour scheme.
Ishida

Post by Ishida »

gn2 wrote:"Prestige" was just a different colour scheme.
Understood.. Thanks gn2...
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Prestige is just showing that the PCX is a higher class bike here in the local market compared to all the 125's, 110's and 135's.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The badges look neat. Wish we could get them over here
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

A quick Google search reveals a PCX Prestige 125, PCX Prestige 150, and PCX Prestige 160!

BE STILL MY HEART! THERE’S A PRESTIGE PCX160?????
Last edited by Urbanian on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Here’s your new PCX 160!

http://www.franke.com/content/kitchensy ... etail.html

And for the new highway cruiser scooter, may I introduce to you, your new PCX 1107!

http://www.franke.com/content/kitchensy ... etail.html

Sorry if I got your hopes too high, then shot them down the drain…
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

There's a new PCX 300, but Honda spelled PCX wrong and wrote it as Forza by mistake.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Get a room....
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

gn2 wrote:
PCX-rider wrote:Just wondering why the USA version does not have the idle stopsystem? In my opnion the idle stop saves fuel and environment!
The fuel saved is negligible.
I am not agree that the fuel saved is negligible. PCX is designed as a city bike. Many of the main traffic lights in my city last for 60 seconds (there is a count down display) and many last for 30 seconds before swithing from red to green. I pass these traffic lights several times a day, and usually I have to wait for the light to switch. As the engine stop running after 3 seconds while I am waiting, there is no use of fuel at the waiting time. Ergo: saved fuel! During a year or the lifetime of this nice scooter, I am convinced there is a great potential of saving fuel, environment and money for the owner. Thats why I think Honda`s profilation of this bike meets many requirements of future buyers.
....................................................................................................................................................................................
Rising fuel prices and awareness of environmental issues have had an impact on the way we think about transport.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I like the idle stop for the quiet and serenity at traffic lights and my mirrors stop vibrating! I can hear all the car radios going around me ;)
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

Taz wrote:I like the idle stop for the quiet and serenity at traffic lights and my mirrors stop vibrating! I can hear all the car radios going around me ;)
An obviously you save fuel when the engine isn`t running, right? :D
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

Taz wrote:I like the idle stop for the quiet and serenity at traffic lights and my mirrors stop vibrating! I can hear all the car radios going around me ;)
I don't use idle stop (too many stops and don't want to stress the battery in winter) but here in South London I can hear most car radios whilst the engine is running.

I would say the PCX is quiet but when I stop at lights I often think there is a motorbike a car or two behind me only to look and realise it is the sound of my engine.