Hello from Central Florida

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cycleruss
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Hello from Central Florida

Post by Cycleruss »

I have been lurking on the forum since purchasing a 2016 PCX150 almost a year and a half ago.
I owned a Yamaha Majesty 400 that I put 30,000 miles on., My wife road it briefly, but contended that it was too wide and heavy.
Also I owned a Suzuki Burgman 650 that I have since sold.(after putting 25,000 miles on it)
A friend let my wife borrow his pcx125. She liked it! It was small and light.
I came across a super deal on the 2016 Pcx150 in November of 2017, it only had 1,540 miles on it.
I won't disclose how little I paid for it. Let's just say I still see 2013's for sale for more than I paid for a year old one.
I have only changed the oil, and cleaned the oil screen, and replaced the rear tire since owning it.
Have a front tire ready, for when it needs it.

I wish Honda, Suzuki,and Yamaha scooters had more simple body panels.
I found a 2014 Genuine Hooligan 170i for my son.
Six fasteners and a push pin was all that was needed to undo and remove seat and seat pan.
There was the whole motor, so easy to get to. Checked the valves and adjusted, all in about an hour.

Really like the PCX150, currently am riding it 12 miles across town to part time job.
Wish it was a 200cc. But even so I may keep checking Craigslist for another good deal on one.

When we ride. I have to take either my BMW F800GT, or Suzuki SFV650. Would be more fun to be on another scooter.

Ride safe!
Cycleruss
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Hello from Central Florida

Post by springer1 »

Nice report, ride safe. it will be interesting to read how much mileage you put on your PCX.
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

Not only is the panelling complicated, but some fasteners are hard brittle plastic and easily broken on first contact. I've had an experienced Honda technician break the nose clip on mine.
G'Bru
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Still, once you get use to taking them apart you will be doing all the maintenance yourself. One question though. If the bike only had 1,500 miles on it, why did the tire need changing? (I should talk. I changed my tires as soon as I bought my bike. I love Michelin City Grips, so that is what I have on both of our PCX150s. )
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Cycleruss

Post by Cycleruss »

gbru2505 wrote:Not only is the panelling complicated, but some fasteners are hard brittle plastic and easily broken on first contact. I've had an experienced Honda technician break the nose clip on mine.
I changed it around 4,500 miles. I was surprised it was worn out at that mileage. I am used to (motorcycles)
getting at least ten to tweleve thousand out of a back tire. But these tires are a lot narrower.
I replaced it with Michelin City Grips. I had good luck with those on the Yamaha Majesty.
Cycleruss

Post by Cycleruss »

Mel46 wrote:Still, once you get use to taking them apart you will be doing all the maintenance yourself. One question though. If the bike only had 1,500 miles on it, why did the tire need changing? (I should talk. I changed my tires as soon as I bought my bike. I love Michelin City Grips, so that is what I have on both of our PCX150s. )

See my previous post. I clicked on the wrong "quote button" when I posted.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

There's some great videos on YouTube for learning how to "carefully" remove the panels on the PCX.

That said I only had my PCX just over a year and am now riding Yamaha products. I do miss it's great features, handling, braking, fuel economy, and stowage capacity. However the seat configuration was just not a fit for me.

Enjoy the miles! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Cycleruss, glad yer aboard the forums :P
It Ain't so bad riding a featherweight scooter, right? especially one that runs so well and looks so Purdy! Most Fancy that. Yah, I see them lookin while sitting at a light or when I fly by them. They stare. They point. They wonder.
They're jealous! They want on!
Cuzz We B Cool! 8)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You