:( So long PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: :( So long PCX

Post by gn2 »

Same amount of work to leave it dirty ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

The police rang me today to inform me that what is left of my PCX was recovered last night from a small muddy Track on the outskirts of the city. It had been dumped and then burned out.
So that ends the chapter of my PCX. I may consider getting another one in a few years time but for now I'm enjoying riding my Trackstar and getting used to travelling everywhere with a little bit less refinement.
it tastes like...Eagle!
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

Thats horrible. Who could do that to a PCX :/
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

well you can only hope the people that did it got very badly injured in doing so.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

30 years ago when i was living in England my beloved Honda 500T was stolen and later found burnt out only 5 miles away. Police reckoned it had been used for hill climbing racing. Cant imagine the PCX being used for that but plenty of other reasons why low life would want to steal them.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I've got a field over the back of my house and once a month from spring to autumn a scooter is thrashed around then torched! The Police arent keen to get out to them very quickly!
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Time for an update on my Sinnis:
Firstly I discovered it's a relaunch of an old Suzuki TU250 Grass Tracker from the 80's. Sinnis specifications included downsizing the engine to make an accessible "city commuter, suitable for learners.
They had the old Marauder 4 stroke GZ125cc engine put into it. The bike is built on a solid chassis and despite looks is very comfortable to ride even over longer distances.

I've put 3000miles on it so far in every type of weather going (including Newcastle's now infamous "monsoon Thursday" :lol: )

It's had 2 services on the books an oil filter change and a petrol filter fitted inline to the carb.
It's been "tuned" slightly to give more torque and 2 hp more, and a smaller rear sprocket, it now cruises at low revs at 60mph.

Since it's second service I've taken to looking after it myself checking everything for wear and tear every 500 miles or so, valves are easy to adjust as they are exposed by removing the 2 covers at the top of the engine. If anything does break parts are cheap and easy to source (all suzuki parts fit from similar models - gs, ts, tu, gz 125).
It's been parked outside all year round in a bike tent, and so far hasn't let me down once.
It starts first time, only ever needs half choke on really cold days, and hasnt had any mechanical faults at all.
All it's had is some classic braced scrambler bars added to give a better ride position and a "street Tracker" look, the shocks have been firmed up and it's had a spray down with ACF every once in a while. The tank and exposed paint surfaces get an occasional was down and coat of Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

Apart from that everything's been perfect, If anyone is looking for a cheap geared bike to commute or as an inexpensive second machine I'd highly recommend it. :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Good to hear. I'm glad it all turned out well for you.

Bill
Image[/URL
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

bummer dude. so sorry to hear that. fucking thieves. stay strong and make for the best to come rich666.