Average age of PCX/Forza owners?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

What age range fits you best?

Under 20
1%
21-30
10%
31-40
20%
41-50
24%
51-60
19%
61-70
21%
Over 71
6%

Total votes: 304

marval
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Re: Average age of PCX/Forza owners?

Post by marval »

Owned 50+ bikes and half a dozen scooters, but now at 73 years, new hip and a dose of the big C, needs must, lightweight agile and nippy PCX suits me just fine!
erisaman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015/Forza 300
Color: Pearl White

Post by erisaman »

marval wrote:Owned 50+ bikes and half a dozen scooters, but now at 73 years, new hip and a dose of the big C, needs must, lightweight agile and nippy PCX suits me just fine!
Owned no bikes nor any scooters and never ridden either, but at 72 years I'm happy to be playing with a 2015 Forza - and am amazed at the weight of this scooter. I'll be posting why I bought the Forza, and how I am using it, over the next few weeks .... maybe months - (winter draws on).
If you don't stand for something - you'll fall for anything.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

erisaman wrote:
marval wrote:Owned 50+ bikes and half a dozen scooters, but now at 73 years, new hip and a dose of the big C, needs must, lightweight agile and nippy PCX suits me just fine!
Owned no bikes nor any scooters and never ridden either, but at 72 years I'm happy to be playing with a 2015 Forza - and am amazed at the weight of this scooter. I'll be posting why I bought the Forza, and how I am using it, over the next few weeks .... maybe months - (winter draws on).

Excellent. Looking forward to it.
Zulda
Year: 2018 (mod 2017)

Post by Zulda »

I'm 45, never had any bike/scooter. So I decided in July to buy PCX 125 and bought one. I'm happy, but think about Forza 300 in 1-2 yr future. I have to widen my driver's licence.
romnation
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by romnation »

I'm 27, seems like I'm one of the younger ones. Really not sure why there aren't many younger owners around. Quickest way to get around Chicago and zip through traffic! Would never want a bigger bike around here. It's just perfect for the city.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bump
Any newbies in the house? Sure there are!
How about signing in and clicking a circle in the above survey? Done? Then click the "submit vote" button.
That's all ya gotta do in this game. Simples.

If you choose to share more with us, Type away ;) we'd love to read it!

To be Real....what else are ya doing on this cold wintery day? Ah yes, polishing yer wheels 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BrianG
Color: White

Post by BrianG »

Hi all,

Been riding since 1960 and had all kinds upto an 1100 GS BMW. Starting to slow down at 77 years of age but still enjoy riding. Getting a new 2018/9 PCX soon. :lol:
Words are the dress of thoughts.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heh Brian welcome aboard the forums! :) Years gone by. Good on "You" for heading back in the saddle where you'll be Feeling Groovy once again (Yes, I can relate to that song/phrase).
Tis no matter about the bigger bikes, leave the past behind. Your PCX will bring it all back like a bicycle and you won't need to "think twice" about synchronizing a clutch and shifter. Spell relief.
Just pull that throttle and Bye-Bye Baby 8)

Sooo....when's the Big Day?? I'm so excited for you! (I get that way :oops: )
Woo-hooooooo
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

White noise, I have ridden continuosly and have already owned a 2006 Gilera Nexus 500 until recently. It was a second machine in the garage but still managed a couple of 500+ mile days throughout France on it. I also had a Piaggio X9 500 for a while and enjoyed big mileages on that. I am familiar with the operation of twist and go scooters and look forward to next week when I hope to take delivery of the PCX.
As I said, time to slow down a bit and do less miles in a day. :lol:
Words are the dress of thoughts.
Pompeybiker
Color: white

Post by Pompeybiker »

I'm 59 been riding for 42 years so not a novice!

I chose the PCX because its the most popular scooter in the UK and probably the world! and also it's a Honda and not a Chinese "fall apart in front of your eye" scooter
I'm using it for commuting as it's much more manageable than my CBF1000 that Part exhanged it for :D
Triumph Bonneville SE
BMW R80 Flat tracker
pepito86
Year: 2016

Post by pepito86 »

55 here, the pcx is my second scooter ever, the first one being a Suzuki "I dont remember the engine size", the rear brake was a pedal on the right foot! I was in University at the time, I sold it and never look at motorcycles again .... until my wife said: I think we should get a scooter. Next thing I know she gets a Vespa Primavera ( in Stuttgart one does not need a license for a 50cc). But it turns out that in L A you do!
So we bought another one this time a Honda Metropolitan, and took the MSF class got the licenses and then a friend was selling his PCX....sooo I got it!
Now having a blast going around the house and as far as Trader Joe's for milk.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bumptidy Bump (stock shocks :D )

So happy to have so many New Member's!! How about joining in? We're curious as to what age group or groups rule Our ride :D Here's one way to find out.
First Sign in and then click your age group at the top of the page.
Soooo Easy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.34 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
Survey Says ??
UK Picxie

Post by UK Picxie »

Just saw this and voted. I'm 58 and have had a full motorcycle licence since I was 19 and have had loads of bikes of all types. Before the PCX hadn't owned a bike for a few years and wanted something easy and noble to get around on when the weather is good.

Enjoying the experience and will probably move to a Forza 300 at some point so I can cover some greater distances and maybe some touring. A Forza 500 would be a great prospect!
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

I'm 61. Bought a Ruckus a few years ago to do chores around town and get me to and from my deer stand. Loved scooting around the back roads but needed more CC to get up the hills. Picked up a used PCX last year with 3K on it and it's great. Perfect size for what I use it for. Great forum, plenty of good info from knowledgeable people.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by gregsta »

I was 39 when I got my first honda PCX am now 44 I might of been 38. Just bought the newest model a few months back :)
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I'm 49.
I think I want to add a Ninja 300 or Ninja 400 to the stable. Why? Motorcycles promote cognitive thinking. All that shifting and 4 limbs to ride the thing does the brain some good.
:geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Balance is fleeting if you don't push the brain over 50 to calculate it. Given we do this everyday we most likely won't be tumbling off our wide fit sketchers like some old fossils who don't ride.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Balance is fleeting if you don't push the brain over 50 to calculate it. Given we do this everyday we most likely won't be tumbling off our wide fit sketchers like some old fossils who don't ride.

What does that mean?
HondaC110
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Bronze

Post by HondaC110 »

I'm 71.
Got my first scooter at 15 (Rockford Silver Pigeon...rare bike and for good reason) and after that motorcycles only, until the PCX. It's a nifty and useful little thing, not too engaging, but very useful in my urban environment.
For the weekends there's my Triumph Bonneville.
michel7752

Post by michel7752 »

Approaching 67