Bullying, bullied, bullies!? Poor new members in this forum!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Bullying, bullied, bullies!? Poor new members in this forum!

Post by PCX-rider »

I am just wondering, why do some members have to start bullying new members almost in their first topic? Or why do some members have to write derogatory things against members they don`t know a shit about? These members distroy the pleasure for other members to stay in the forum. It is always easy to get away with "Oh, this way a joke", but maybe it does`t feel like a joke for the receiver.

I think it is time to have a friendly discussion on this topic!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Bullying, bullied, bullies!? Poor new members in this fo

Post by you you »

PCX-rider wrote:I am just wondering, why do some members have to start bullying new members almost in their first topic? Or why do some members have to write derogatory things against members they don`t know a shit about? These members distroy the pleasure for other members to stay in the forum. It is always easy to get away with "Oh, this way a joke", but maybe it does`t feel like a joke for the receiver.

Why not relax, try to be a little less sensitive and allow yourself to enjoy the site.

There is no real bullying, the site is too well moderated.

Give as good as you get or ignore it I say
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

you you wrote:
PCX-rider wrote:I am just wondering, why do some members have to start bullying new members almost in their first topic? Or why do some members have to write derogatory things against members they don`t know a shit about? These members distroy the pleasure for other members to stay in the forum. It is always easy to get away with "Oh, this way a joke", but maybe it does`t feel like a joke for the receiver.

Why not relax, try to be a little less sensitive and allow yourself to enjoy the site.

Maybe you don`t se it my way, but it is your choice. I enjoy this site when it talking about PCX`s, but I dislike all the rubbish you and a few other members write. It is really so difficult to whish a new member welcome with some nice words, instead of writing bullshit?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you have any genuine concerns you should PM Maddie.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

just scanned all the new member intros quickly. maybe i missed it but i didnt see anything inappropriate. this site seems very friendly to me.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX-rider wrote:
you you wrote:

Maybe you don`t se it my way, but it is your choice. I enjoy this site when it talking about PCX`s, but I dislike all the rubbish you and a few other members write. It is really so difficult to whish a new member welcome with some nice words, instead of writing bullshit?

That's quite rude
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

you you wrote:
That's quite rude
True but he has a point
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

Is there any recent specific examples/threads you can link? I may not post all the time but I lurk quite frequently. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary lately on this forum. Or maybe you have this forum mixed up with those other guys. :lol:
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

Here are some examples: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=943#p13425

Here is another: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=906#p12873

A new member decided to leave this forum. And what a goodbye he got from in the last comment! Another from South-Africa became quiet after his introduction....

And during my short membership I have read a lot of bad comments!
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX-rider »

gn2 wrote:If you have any genuine concerns you should PM Maddie.
If you could discuss PCX in a proper way, there should be no reason to PM anyone!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX-rider wrote:Here are some examples: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=943#p13425

Here is another: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=906#p12873

A new member decided to leave this forum. And what a goodbye he got from in the last comment! Another from South-Africa became quiet after his introduction....

And during my short membership I have read a lot of bad comments!

Getting a bit tired of your petulance and your insults. Calm down a little, dust off your sense of humour and enjoy posting on the site.
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

Oh...so is qed now you you? Anyways, I found the thread about the daughter with the goatee funny. When you read the sentence it seems like the context could be twisted to mean that his daughter was riding and is the person with the goatee. Obviously no sane person would believe that, hence the humorous attempt at hyperbole. Also, it did not end up in the Drama and Bullcrap section so I see no big harm done.

Regarding the other thread, I do not know anything about this Rossi guy so I looked him up on Wikipedia and saw about some tax evasion charges. Aparently gn2 does not care for the guy but I do agree that maybe things got a little too far over (in my opinion) a null issue. For me regarding the OP, I just can't stand attempting to decipher text speak as it shows how poorly our educational aptitude is de-evolving to the point of idiocy. It reminds me of that TV show a few years ago called "Street Smarts." Very sad.
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

I'm not disagreeing with you. It's really about perception, but you should keep in mind that this forum includes people for all over the world with various levels of communication and humor. Some may come off a little harsh, but I think it's really just meant to be funny most of the time. I try to take their comments as I would my brothers; but then I've been around guys my whole life and I consider myself pretty thick skinned. Anytime you have a large group of people communicating, you're going to get some personality differences.
I'm glad to see you on the forum. ;) Try to let it roll of your back and you'll find that it's really a good place to be. :P
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jasontheparamedic wrote:Oh...so is qed now you you? Anyways, I found the thread about the daughter with the goatee funny. When you read the sentence it seems like the context could be twisted to mean that his daughter was riding and is the person with the goatee. Obviously no sane person would believe that, hence the humorous attempt at hyperbole. Also, it did not end up in the Drama and Bullcrap section so I see no big harm done.

It is me, I changed my name for tax reasons. :)

What I was joking about is its not unknown for us to buy wives/daughters/girlfriends bikes simply because we want them. It's a way to get them into the garage. It's a bit of a standard, stereotype joke not intended to upset most souls.
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

sorry OP, i think you are being too sensitive. if you think people are being jerks to each other on this forum, you must not participate on many forums. i find this forum very friendly and polite compared to some. there has to be some room to joke around, express our contradictory opinions, etc. in addition, you are the only one i saw dropping the f-bomb.

i hope you can learn to chill out and enjoy the forum. there are good people here and it is a great forum, IMO!
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

you you wrote:
jasontheparamedic wrote:Oh...so is qed now you you? Anyways, I found the thread about the daughter with the goatee funny. When you read the sentence it seems like the context could be twisted to mean that his daughter was riding and is the person with the goatee. Obviously no sane person would believe that, hence the humorous attempt at hyperbole. Also, it did not end up in the Drama and Bullcrap section so I see no big harm done.

It is me, I changed my name for tax reasons. :)

What I was joking about is its not unknown for us to buy wives/daughters/girlfriends bikes simply because we want them. It's a way to get them into the garage. It's a bit of a standard, stereotype joke not intended to upset most souls.
Well now I AM upset! a) No one bought my bike for me. b) My goatee isn't nearly as nice as his. ;)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

PCX-rider wrote:If you could discuss PCX in a proper way, there should be no reason to PM anyone!
Define "proper"...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ms_sparky wrote: Well now I AM upset! a) No one bought my bike for me. b) My goatee isn't nearly as nice as his. ;)
:D :D :D

Speaking as a feminist :| I could suggest you buy your husband/boyfriend/son a bike too

Or use the technique yourself "look dear I've bought you a new handbag"

A friend of mine went too far and bought his wife a 60s SWB landrover Nearly spoilt it for the rest of us
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

This forum is a very friendly place to be compared to some sites where bickering is constant (I've left two or three for those reasons)
However, this forum does have a very international membership, so might be considered as humour here, others might not find it quite so humourous. Bit of give and take by all is they way I look at it.

Yes there are one or two members who come across a bit sarky but you soon get used to them and ignore their comments ;)
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

JGC wrote: Yes there are one or two members who come across a bit sarky but you soon get used to them and ignore their comments ;)
The world has not been the same since Statler and Waldorf :|