Does anyone have LED accent lights?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ishida

Re: Does anyone have LED accent lights?

Post by Ishida »

ms_sparky wrote:Here's the install diagram for anyone curious:

http://www.bikerhiway.com/installinfo/s ... nstall.pdf
a piece of cake..

just pay attention to the polarity because LEDs does not work if it´s wrong.. the rest is simple...

I´ve played a lot with LEDs in my Elite110.. If you want you can see some pictures here, http://www.leadclube.com/t348-ishida-angelina-jolie

Some of them are activated by a micro-switch but in your case I think that a pushbutton fits perfectly so you can turn it on @ night when you want and not always..
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

If you really want to be seen, wear a Hi-Viz riding jacket and helmet. It is much easier to see a rider than a bike, no matter how many lights are on it. I wear Hi-Viz and it makes a big difference. Of course you'll be shunned by the black leather folks.................
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

Indyglow wrote:If you really want to be seen, wear a Hi-Viz riding jacket and helmet. It is much easier to see a rider than a bike, no matter how many lights are on it. I wear Hi-Viz and it makes a big difference. Of course you'll be shunned by the black leather folks.................
Yeah, I've already been "shunned" by the black leather folks as I've been called scooter trash a few times. I have a Hi-Viz vest, which helps, but I probably didn't pick the smartest helmet color (black with pink and white). I put a reflective band around it though. Thank you.
a piece of cake..

just pay attention to the polarity because LEDs does not work if it´s wrong.. the rest is simple...

I´ve played a lot with LEDs in my Elite110.. If you want you can see some pictures here, http://www.leadclube.com/t348-ishida-angelina-jolie

Some of them are activated by a micro-switch but in your case I think that a pushbutton fits perfectly so you can turn it on @ night when you want and not always..
Nice pics! Thanks for the advice!
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

if we put any LED lights other than white at the front and red at the back, we'll get poked by the police :(

even if its underbike lighting we'll get pulled, i have white/silver reflective tape on my wheels (not to everyones taste) but i look like tron in the night and i get noticed! :lol:
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

Cracksta wrote:if we put any LED lights other than white at the front and red at the back, we'll get poked by the police :(

even if its underbike lighting we'll get pulled, i have white/silver reflective tape on my wheels (not to everyones taste) but i look like tron in the night and i get noticed! :lol:
It's the same law here, but i'm hoping to not get cited. ;) I'm going to take my chances. I bought some of the pink reflective tape for my wheels. I just haven't installed it yet. I'm all about getting noticed as well.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Cracksta wrote:if we put any LED lights other than white at the front and red at the back, we'll get poked by the police
Sorry to hear that. The law is very specific here too, but the police don't really care about ambient LEDs. Unless your lighting was all wrong like red headlights or white brakes, which would confuse other drivers, they won't bother you... Unless you're a real trouble maker, and they are looking for an excuse to make you suffer, they don't see it as a big deal at all. They have bigger fish to fry.

But then, I'm in a big city. It may be very different in a small town where the cops are easily bored...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Did either of you post pics of the lights installed? Could you post a link to the thread?

Here is a link to a fairly attention getting headlamp package
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... yyGNBQcfnA
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I have red LED's around the seat and above the rear inner fender mounted to the cross member right below the seat.

WORD OF CAUTION: If you wire the led's direct to the battery they will be powered even when the bike is shut off.

I have a power outlet with multiple outlets mounted under the seat. I purchased the "male" part of the outlet at an auto store for $3.00 ea. I wired the main power outlet strip to the battery direct. The male part of the power outlet I wired in to the LED lights. When I want to use the lighting I just plug them into the sockets.

Power outlet kit from Radio Shack $10.00
Power outlet strip from Walmart $9.00
36" cutable led strip (red ) from Advance Auto Parts $36.00
Wire connectors, wire loom, hardware $2.00

Make sure you are fused whether you have a switch or use outlets like I did, either way you want to protect your bikes electrical system.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I have red LED's around the seat and above the rear inner fender mounted to the cross member right below the seat.
But christmas isn't for months yet :?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

gn2 wrote:
~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I have red LED's around the seat and above the rear inner fender mounted to the cross member right below the seat.
But christmas isn't for months yet :?

Do you even celebrate Christmas?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If I could get away with it I wouldn't, but wife insists on it.
I hate it. Bah humbug.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I should have been a Psychologist...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I have red LED's around the seat and above the rear inner fender mounted to the cross member right below the seat...
Do you have pics you can post? ... of your PCX, not GN2's Christmas tree. ;-)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

kramnala58 wrote:
~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I have red LED's around the seat and above the rear inner fender mounted to the cross member right below the seat...
Do you have pics you can post? ... of your PCX, not GN2's Christmas tree. ;-)
I am at work right now, but I can take some and post them this week.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have led lights on the back of our scooters. They are hooked into the brake system so that they come on when we brake. We don't ride at night so no accent lights, but if we did ride at night you can bet I would put them on. I definitely want to be seen.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Mel, they help a lot. I noticed your wife's PCX when we drove past you because of the extra LEDs. If I add a topbox, I'm definitely adding some too.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

And I added another one yesterday but am having a problem with the heat. I put it right under the top box, using Velcro to hold it in place. The heat is starting to loosen the Velcro so I will probably glue the light on. The more the merrier !!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Just thought someone might like to see what the tail of our pcx looks like once we hit the brakes. We definitely can be seen now.I believe in being seen.
PCX Taillights2.jpg
PCX Taillights2.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Here is the tail of my Burgman also.
Burgman Taillights2.jpg
Burgman Taillights2.jpg (96.53 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150