advice about buying a 2015 pcx

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mike in tipp
Year: 2014
Color: white

advice about buying a 2015 pcx

Post by mike in tipp »

I'm currently riding a '09 Vespa LX and want to get a PCX eventually also. I'm looking at at a 2015 Honda PCX, with 1800 miles on it. Does anyone know of any issues or things to look for in shopping this particular year. Any advice is welcome and thank you for any replies!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: advice about buying a 2015 pcx

Post by gn2 »

Nothing specific to that year.
Check for noisy clutch bearings, put on centre stand, turn wheel backwards, if you hear nasty noises its going to need new bearings.
Common fault, lots of info on here.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have the 2013 model and the 2015 model was an improvement, but not so much so that I would trade in my 2013 model. Many of the changes on the 2015 model were things that many PCX riders had requested, and had already done to their 2013 models.

In short, whatever the year, the PCX is dependable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just make sure the bike is prepped properly/think safety always.

"ALL" fluids fresh and filled to specs? Brakes good and adjusted properly? including that silly park brake? Tires look okay? Dry, cracked, anything abnormal seen? Tire pressure set to specs? Steering and brake levers set to spec, throttle too. Shocks ok? Valves set to spec - no issue? Hear noise?
Oh yeah, beep the horn :D try the lights - All of them. Try the gas door and seat. Open okay/latch closed okay? Footpegs swing in/out/seat properly? Yes...You want it as perfect as can be to ride it!

Mechanics know what should be done, whether they do it is another story. > Enter Mike!

I probably forgot something :roll: bottom line...All should be good to go, before YOU Go.

It's a Great and Fun Scooter! Come back and tell us when yours arrives :D 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mike in tipp
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by mike in tipp »

Thanks much for all the great advice! I will use each and every suggestion, I never thought of spinning the wheel backward and listening, which makes sense, thanks again!
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

had one, sold it, missed it so much I bought a 2013 again. if it's in good shape and you like it, you can't go wrong. I've seen them for sale on craigslist and always sell if you don't like it. mileage very low. good luck