PCX Cup Holder

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX Commuter
Year: 2013
Color: Red

PCX Cup Holder

Post by PCX Commuter »

There has got to be a solution for getting a simple cup holder on the PCX! If the Metro has one, why not the more civilized PCX!? There is so much open space along the inside of the front fairing that is just begging for the right accessory mount. I really love grabbing a cup of coffee on the way to work and setting it in a cardboard cup holder under the seat has not been successful. I'm going into my 600 mile first maintenance very soon and while I have the body panels off, I'm going to try and figure this out. If anyone has suggestions that don't involve the handlebars (too bouncy), I'd love to hear them!

A buddy of mine has a USB powered little thermos mug. Maybe I combo that with a holder and the 12v plug in the glove box? Oooo! I'm liking this idea so far...
Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX 150, 2002 Honda Metropolitan
Previously owned: 1978 Honda NC50
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: PCX Cup Holder

Post by you you »

Why not make a coffee at work instead of "grabbing" one
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

I just put a Kruzer Kaddy on my PCX last night. I bought the gloss black one so it blends with the scooter well.
http://www.kruzerkaddy.net/products.html
2013 Honda PCX 150
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

you you wrote:Why not make a coffee at work instead of "grabbing" one
:o Most corporate offices did not trust adults with kettles anymore and so provide vending machines that dispense gnat's p*ss
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

brains_t wrote:
:o Most corporate offices did not trust adults with kettles anymore and so provide vending machines that dispense gnat's p*ss

Your kidding?
PCX Commuter

Post by PCX Commuter »

Exactly! We only are allowed the k-cup stuff in our office. Ugh.
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

you you wrote:
brains_t wrote:

Your kidding?
No, a combination of Health & Safety and Insurance. When we moved to the Docklands from the City in 2004 we had to leave all our coffee brewers and toasters behind - I had to then cycle to work to ensure I was awake by 9am.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just took a quick google looking for a flip up/down wall mount holder. I've read about them on other bike forums with happy reviews. Found this http://www.bellrpg.net/bottomsup/MA/cat ... sp?MAJ=001 Scroll down their home page and click on cup holders.....anything of interest? Perhaps it will stimulate some ideas too? Bet a local marine store would carry similar :)
(was wondering if this topic should go under accessories so we can find it faster?) :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX Commuter

Post by PCX Commuter »

WhiteNoise wrote:Just took a quick google looking for a flip up/down wall mount holder. I've read about them on other bike forums with happy reviews. Found this http://www.bellrpg.net/bottomsup/MA/cat ... sp?MAJ=001 Scroll down their home page and click on cup holders.....anything of interest? Perhaps it will stimulate some ideas too? Bet a local marine store would carry similar :)
(was wondering if this topic should go under accessories so we can find it faster?) :roll:
Now we're talking! Great suggestion. I'm going to visit Bass Pro Shops here in Nashville this weekend and see what I can find. Like the swivel one with a gimbal. And the flip up one would be nice to push it out of the way. Thanks!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

brains_t wrote:No, a combination of Health & Safety and Insurance. When we moved to the Docklands from the City in 2004 we had to leave all our coffee brewers and toasters behind - I had to then cycle to work to ensure I was awake by 9am.
Maybe by adopting the procedure contained within this manual you can at least get the kettle back?

Manual courtesy of Deathbyhealthandsafety
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
brains_t wrote:No, a combination of Health & Safety and Insurance. When we moved to the Docklands from the City in 2004 we had to leave all our coffee brewers and toasters behind - I had to then cycle to work to ensure I was awake by 9am.
Maybe by adopting the procedure contained within this manual you can at least get the kettle back?

Top class find :D
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

gn2 wrote:Maybe by adopting the procedure contained within this manual you can at least get the kettle back?

:lol: Good read.

I take it by posting this you volunteer to be the forum's CoCK ('Competent to take Charge of a Kettle')?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:
gn2 wrote:Maybe by adopting the procedure contained within this manual you can at least get the kettle back?

:lol: Good read.

I take it by posting this you volunteer to be the forum's CoCK ('Competent to take Charge of a Kettle')?
Wasn't she already?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PcxCommuter did you get to swing by the shop? Anything there?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Keebler Dwarf

Post by Keebler Dwarf »

I ended up buying some cheap car cup holder/organizer device at my local target, chopping off everything that doesn't hold cups, and then using a 3M mounting strip to put it inside my topbox. It's like a stronger-than-velcro set of interlocking plastic pegs with knobs on the ends.

It's really strong and I've had no problems, plus I can remove the cup-holder when I need to put something big in the top box. Plus, keeping my drinks in the topbox doesn't bother me because since I wear a helmet with a face shield minimum when riding it's not like I'll be drinking anything while on the go.

The only downside is that in this recent cold snap, the adhesive tape that attaches the velcro+ strips has failed on both the wall-side and the cupholder side. So I bought 3M all-weather mounting tape and am in the process of using it to hold the strips.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Keebler, how's that velcro holding up now? Or is it? Still cold here :(